5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Limited Floor Mat - Easter Egg

Ram4Lou

Reaction score
I'm sure that others of you have found this out already, however I have been owning this limited for 3 years now and just noticed this little Easter egg this morning while detailing. The carpet sections of the floor mats are attached with snaps, and can be easily removed for hosing the rubber portion. Up until this point, I assumed those snaps were rivets, LOL! When I tugged on the carpet to try and wipe down between it and the rubber portion, the carpet snapped off. I did a search on here and didn't see it mentioned, so I thought I would share, for others like me who have not realized this yet. 🍻

Ram Limited Floor Matt.jpg

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I hate and love when that happens. It's almost as good as finding money in a pocket of something you haven't worn for a long time. :D

Yeah, I'm pretty sure most Limited owners are aware of this. But thanks for risking your pride and posting this in case anyone else isn't aware they snap in and out. (y)

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
To be fair, I did not know that either until I posted shortly after I got my truck wondering why it did not come with all weather mats. I removed the carpet, but do occasionally get my foot caught on the lip.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Another of the "what is this..." that should be included in a new owner FAQ. We have quite a few over on HDRams.

Tailgate plug cover (here too I know)
Bag of wires (upfitter/Aux/VSIM wiring)
funnel (diesel trucks)
How the mirror reverse LED's work on tow mirrors
etc.

(google part number ram p68415000 and link #1 is the HD thread, LOL)

Ram4Lou

Reaction score
The closer I look at the details and design of this truck, the more I am impressed. My brother-in-law just purchased a brand new 2022 Silverado. The GM quality and design don’t even come close, even to my 2019.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
a set of those floor mats cost more than I paid for my first car...wow am I OLD!!!
Man, I’d love to pick your brain about aging gracefully. The whole getting older thing is starting to freak me out.

Another of the "what is this..." that should be included in a new owner FAQ. We have quite a few over on HDRams.

Tailgate plug cover (here too I know)
Bag of wires (upfitter/Aux/VSIM wiring)
funnel (diesel trucks)
How the mirror reverse LED's work on tow mirrors
etc.

(google part number ram p68415000 and link #1 is the HD thread, LOL)
If it were my list, I’d also add an oil drain funnel (don’t trust any fumoto valves). It was almost like engineers were like “screw ‘em, lets make them regret buying a diesel every time they drain their oil”. This is what I did last time to save myself from a lot of cleaning (it’s a paper towel roll):

68080005-5554-4E11-9AB3-FA0128A5C805.jpeg

Ninety-9 SE-L

Reaction score
(don’t trust any fumoto valves).
Any particular reason? A Locking ball valve with a proper gasket on the threads should be as reliable as anything out there.

I bought one for my Frontier, but I never installed it. When fiddling around under the truck I noticed it would become the lowest part of my truck, and that is a serious risk. From your picture, it looks like you have plenty of protection from the subframe, so there's no reason I wouldn't get one when my EcoDiesel comes in. The absolute stupidest thing is when I find a drain plug or oil filter that drains straight onto a frame member.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Any particular reason? A Locking ball valve with a proper gasket on the threads should be as reliable as anything out there.

I bought one for my Frontier, but I never installed it. When fiddling around under the truck I noticed it would become the lowest part of my truck, and that is a serious risk. From your picture, it looks like you have plenty of protection from the subframe, so there's no reason I wouldn't get one when my EcoDiesel comes in. The absolute stupidest thing is when I find a drain plug or oil filter that drains straight onto a frame member.
It’s another potential failure point that I don’t want to risk. Just a personal thing from experience on how fast engine damage occurs once oil loss happens.

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Man, I’d love to pick your brain about aging gracefully. The whole getting older thing is starting to freak me out.

..." it takes me all night long...to do,... what I used to do all night long"....stay tuned for these and other fun facts about growing old...

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I found this out as I was selling mine. Was easier to roll out if you unsnap the carpets.
I sold them for more then my Husky all weather mats LOL.

tdager

Reaction score
I love this feature. I take the carpet out during the winter months in Ohio, put them back come spring.

AV8OR

Ram Guru
Reaction score

If it were my list, I’d also add an oil drain funnel (don’t trust any fumoto valves). It was almost like engineers were like “screw ‘em, lets make them regret buying a diesel every time they drain their oil”. This is what I did last time to save myself from a lot of cleaning (it’s a paper towel roll):

Users who are viewing this thread