5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Traction light/control?

Brunzca

Reaction score
Apologies, because I’m sure this is something that has already been covered. I searched for traction, “traction light”,“traction warning” but didn’t find a reference to this…

I’ve noticed it recently, since returning to my office.. when I enter/exit the highway via a circular ramp, my “traction” warning light comes on, and I can’t accelerate. It’s consistently happening every time I enter/leave the highway on certain ramps, regardless of conditions, so it has nothing to do with weather.

Obviously, this is not good. Is this something the Hellwig bar would fix? Or a warranty issue? I haven’t ever experienced this, so don’t know what the problem is (thus how to address it).

Thanks!

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Could be a s simple as a loss of traction (worn tires, incorrect inflation, loose gravel on the road). Some handheld scanners offer the ability to read pending codes, if you have one of these you might be able to check for ABS issues, or maybe get it scanned at your local auto parts store.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Apologies, because I’m sure this is something that has already been covered. I searched for traction, “traction light”,“traction warning” but didn’t find a reference to this…

I’ve noticed it recently, since returning to my office.. when I enter/exit the highway via a circular ramp, my “traction” warning light comes on, and I can’t accelerate. It’s consistently happening every time I enter/leave the highway on certain ramps, regardless of conditions, so it has nothing to do with weather.

Obviously, this is not good. Is this something the Hellwig bar would fix? Or a warranty issue? I haven’t ever experienced this, so don’t know what the problem is (thus how to address it).

Thanks!
Have you tried with the TC disabled? Obviously don’t gas it too much that you’ll fish tail

AV8OR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can go to a spot in our town and spray an X on the road and my wife’s MB 350 will give you a single chime every time you cross that point.

EMP coming from one of the houses, alien space trans-portal beam up location on the sidewalk, don’t know but it’s as regular as rain, every time.

Brunzca

Reaction score
Could be a s simple as a loss of traction (worn tires, incorrect inflation, loose gravel on the road). Some handheld scanners offer the ability to read pending codes, if you have one of these you might be able to check for ABS issues, or maybe get it scanned at your local auto parts store.
Tires are new, and it’s the same ramps all the time.. was just at the dealer for rotation/oil change recently and they didn’t mention any codes, but I can check next time I stop in somewhere. Thx
Have you tried with the TC disabled? Obviously don’t gas it too much that you’ll fish tail
I haven’t, but I will try it and see. The roads aren’t slick, and I’ve been going Maybe 30-35 mph when it happens on dry asphalt
I can go to a spot in our town and spray an X on the road and my wife’s MB 350 will give you a single chime every time you cross that point.

EMP coming from one of the houses, alien space trans-portal beam up location on the sidewalk, don’t know but it’s as regular as rain, every time.
Haha. That sounds about as likely as anything!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Tires are new, and it’s the same ramps all the time.. was just at the dealer for rotation/oil change recently and they didn’t mention any codes, but I can check next time I stop in somewhere. Thx

I haven’t, but I will try it and see. The roads aren’t slick, and I’ve been going Maybe 30-35 mph when it happens on dry asphalt

Haha. That sounds about as likely as anything!
Since you have a 7" lift, I'm going to assume you have larger than stock tires. Have you adjusted the computer for the larger tire size? If the truck is leaning more on the ramps, the Hellwig sway bar could help, but you would need the extended endlinks, which I hope your lift kit came with new front and rear end links for the sway bars.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Check your abs sensor wires/connectors. Since it was just at the shop for Ann oil change. One could have stretched when the suspension was at droop when on the lift

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Since you have a 7" lift, I'm going to assume you have larger than stock tires. Have you adjusted the computer for the larger tire size? If the truck is leaning more on the ramps, the Hellwig sway bar could help, but you would need the extended endlinks, which I hope your lift kit came with new front and rear end links for the sway bars.
I didn't notice his sig. He also has a the V6 with that lift. How big are the tires?

Brunzca

Reaction score

I didn't notice his sig. He also has a the V6 with that lift. How big are the tires?
Tires are 34” (275/65r20). Yes, the links for the swaybar came with the kit and were installed, the truck isn’t leaning at all (that I can tell).

I have not adjusted the computer.. didnt bother with it. Could that be it?

Brunzca

Reaction score
Check your abs sensor wires/connectors. Since it was just at the shop for Ann oil change. One could have stretched when the suspension was at droop when on the lift

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’ll check this, thanks

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Tires are 34” (275/65r20). Yes, the links for the swaybar came with the kit and were installed, the truck isn’t leaning at all (that I can tell).

I have not adjusted the computer.. didnt bother with it. Could that be it?
It could possibly be part of issue

Bigdumps

Reaction score
I noticed my 22 with the Mopar lift and 34" tires does this when I go on highway round about exits at 70kmh

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I must say, any lift on a 6'4" box causing sensing issues is the weirdest thing I have ever heard. Did anyone ever figure this out, i.e. programming the parking, lean, yaw, traction control, sensors?

Users who are viewing this thread