5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Navigation Subscription

BB22

Reaction score
Question for those of you with 2022 Uconnect 5 Nav 12" system: The six month trial of the Ram Connect Navigation feature is expiring in a couple weeks. I called Connected Services and they gave me the price to continue the feature. They told me that without renewing this feature, I would lose TomTom and the nav system would revert to a very basic navigation system, kind of like what a gen 1 nav system looked like. Have any of you let the feature expire and did the nav system then revert back to something very basic?

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
It should look the same. The only thing you’re going to lose is the connected services, so no traffic alerts and weather crap…
It’s not going to look any different.
They probably meant it will be like the dummy navigation that don’t update.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Question for those of you with 2022 Uconnect 5 Nav 12" system: The six month trial of the Ram Connect Navigation feature is expiring in a couple weeks. I called Connected Services and they gave me the price to continue the feature. They told me that without renewing this feature, I would lose TomTom and the nav system would revert to a very basic navigation system, kind of like what a gen 1 nav system looked like. Have any of you let the feature expire and did the nav system then revert back to something very basic?
I have Uconnect 5 retrofitted into an older model year, which means I have no connected services available. You’ll lose traffic notifications and traffic flow on your route, so there won’t be any on the fly re-route suggestions. You’ll also lose fuel pricing. Everything else will still be the same. Red light camera and speed alerts will still work.

wsutard1

Reaction score
I would suggest looking into using your phone for navigation. Google Maps, Waze and Apple Maps are way better than the stock TomTom.

Ram-583

Reaction score
What was the cost for it?

CaptainCAVU

Reaction score
It was $14.99 per month or $150 if you paid for the whole year up front. That includes free map updates ( if they ever issue one)
I got the E-Mail today telling me my free trial expires June 1 so I called them up. They quoted me $250/yr. When I asked why I should pay when the weather, traffic, etc. doesn't work she said she would request a trial extension and elevate my concerns to Level 1 and for me to expect a call within 24 hours. We'll see...

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got the E-Mail today telling me my free trial expires June 1 so I called them up. They quoted me $250/yr. When I asked why I should pay when the weather, traffic, etc. doesn't work she said she would request a trial extension and elevate my concerns to Level 1 and for me to expect a call within 24 hours. We'll see...
sorry to revive an old thread, but how did it turn out?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score

CaptainCAVU

Reaction score
oh i know i was just wondering if he got free extensions.
They gave me 4 free months...unfortunately Traffic and Weather still never worked that whole time. Now that they think they solved the problem, they said they would give me some more free months.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They gave me 4 free months...unfortunately Traffic and Weather still never worked that whole time. Now that they think they solved the problem, they said they would give me some more free months.
that's good to hear. not the still not working part but the free extension part.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
so i did the reset per UConnect customer support's instruction and that worked.
however, i also found that if i leave the truck at one of my workplace for a whole day, it would not work after i finish the shift. all other places seem to work fine.

I know it's not the extended period of leaving the truck off that caused this, because the problem doesn't happen when i leave it at home overnight. Also couldn't be cell reception/ signal issue either because my phone has 5G LTE full signal at my work.

I am scheduled to have a phone conference with my UConnect rep again tomorrow at noon to figure this out.

tdager

Reaction score
It's a waste of money. Google maps and Waze bith update more frequently, offer better traffic alerts, and don't cost anything
Oh it costs you, big time actually, but not in dollars. It is tracking your movements, where you stop, etc. and they SELL that information for a very pretty penny.

Not trying to bust your balls but I am just challenged by the amount of people that think "free" consumer apps are actually free. Then, like my parents, they ***** about "how do they know that about me" and other things. Duh mom, you TOLD them about you. :rolleyes:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Oh it costs you, big time actually, but not in dollars. It is tracking your movements, where you stop, etc. and they SELL that information for a very pretty penny.

Not trying to bust your balls but I am just challenged by the amount of people that think "free" consumer apps are actually free. Then, like my parents, they ***** about "how do they know that about me" and other things. Duh mom, you TOLD them about you. :rolleyes:
If you don't think the factory navigation, which is supplied by a third party, doesn't track you, then you are just as foolish as you are trying to make me out to be.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
If you don't think the factory navigation, which is supplied by a third party, doesn't track you, then you are just as foolish as you are trying to make me out to be.

We also use location data to improve the quality of our products and services after we’ve made sure the information cannot be directly linked back to you. We use different techniques to protect your identity such as encryption and temporary random identifiers to prevent location details from being easily linked back to you or your device. Within 24 hours of shutting down your device or app, TomTom automatically and irreversibly erases data that we hold which could re-identify you or your device. We don’t know where you have been and can’t tell anyone else, even if we were forced to. We never link location data to your TomTom account or any other information that identifies you directly. We also don’t sell your location data. Our products are 100% ad-free.

runamuck

Reaction score
I dont pay anything and I still get weather alerts on the screen..not sure why unless they are coming from siriusxm which I subscribe to. I dont have unlimited phone data so wont be using it for nav and besides none of the places I have driven to the last few years have moved.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I dont pay anything and I still get weather alerts on the screen..not sure why unless they are coming from siriusxm which I subscribe to. I dont have unlimited phone data so wont be using it for nav and besides none of the places I have driven to the last few years have moved.
We have completely different systems.

2019-2021 have uConnect4
2022s have uConnect5.

Different features and subscription structures.
On 2022s traffic is a paid feature, not the data it uses. You can't connect the truck to wifi and get traffic updates.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The SiriusXM weather is a 5 year free subscription IIRC from when I bought my truck.

Users who are viewing this thread