5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AERO EXHAUST - AT3030XL DIRECT FIT PERFORMANCE MUFFLER (MODERATE SOUND)

JJameSS

Reaction score
Yes. Here is before and after the plugged holes.

And no resonator in front. It was pretty silent in the cabin which is why I opted to remove my resonators after a few months.

How it sounds now, I would call this aggressive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds very good! Yeah I would call that leaning to aggressive, kinda funny my Borla S actually sounds louder than that. I guess I was just looking for something right above stock. So I assume there are 2 drainage holes in each resonator for a total of 4? 1 in the front of the resonator and the other at the back? I may be the first to try this Aero "Moderate" direct fit and just plug the weep holes with JB Metal weld and let it set overnight to cure.

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There are four on each resonator. Totaling eight.

So many tack welds now.
giphy.gif

JJameSS

Reaction score
Well I pulled the trigger on the Aero Direct Fit XL "Moderate". Best part about it is for some reason this does have a slight bit drone in the cab Aero sells there resonator for a fraction of the price as Borlas and its made from the same high end 304 SS. The Borla should be coming off this weekend or next and will replace with the Aero. Does anyone know what all the factory bolts for the clamps etc. should be torqued at, 35lbs? Also when I had my Borla installed I believe they loosen the very front connect to the Y pipe and supposedly tightened it back. I dont know if this is normal to have this pipe have an angle or if that one side still needs to be tightened? Can someone please confirm on what their front flange looks like while laying under it? I am not hearing or feeling a leak, just looks off but it could be like this to put a slight angle in the pipe?

Flange.jpg

Last edited:

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
why tack weld when you can use jb weld metal epoxy.

I was just trying to exaggerate. Lol I will prob try some high temp silicone first. See if I hear a difference before I spend the time on a permanent option.

Even though I have a muffler already kinda still want to get the awe.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Oh just use jb weld to start. It’s a big difference.

I was actually ashamed to post a cold
Start vid for carven before I did it.

Jeeper

Reaction score
I was just trying to exaggerate. Lol I will prob try some high temp silicone first. See if I hear a difference before I spend the time on a permanent option.

Even though I have a muffler already kinda still want to get the awe.
high temp silicone works great....8 months later and still air tight seal

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

mxz

Reaction score
I will probably order the Aero Direct Fit XL next week. Waiting to see if there are any Black Friday discounts!

JJameSS

Reaction score
Should sound similar on the gen5

Yep... just installed the Direct Fit 3030XL and it is exactly what I was looking for compared to the SType. The Borla sounded great to me on the outside of the truck but just too much sound on the interior especially in the early mornings. The Aero Turbine just has a nice deeper mellow sound inside and outside. I do have the option to remove the rear resonators in the future to make it louder but I love the slight above stock rumble currently.

Last edited:

mxz

Reaction score
I also installed the Aero Direct Fit XL yesterday. I agree good deep rumble, much better than stock, actually sounds like a hemi now lol. Pretty quiet in the truck but decent loud outside. I also kept the stock resonators.

JJameSS

Reaction score
I also installed the Aero Direct Fit XL yesterday. I agree good deep rumble, much better than stock, actually sounds like a hemi now lol. Pretty quiet in the truck but decent loud outside. I also kept the stock resonators.
Nice! I plan on keeping the stock resonators on for a while and see if the exhaust changes sound over the next few months as the muffler breaks in. I may just leave them on as I have already punched the weep holes on the back of them to remove the hissing sound. I left the front two holes open on both because I didnt hear the hiss sound coming from the front while on the lift.

Last edited:

NoMoreV4

Reaction score
I dont have my truck yet but I am still placing my order for the XL today. Did you guys see the reviews on this turbine muffler back in 2007? Youtube it. These mufflers are used on full blown race cars. NO restriction. It really is the only option that I can see that gives the deep bass sound of the V8 without sounding like the ****** bag neighbor I have. When he starts his up, he will wake me up from a sound sleep. Why the hell would anyone want that or have to deal with the brutal drone in a 70K truck? My opinion of course. I want quiet but still knowing I have a decent size v8 under the hood....

TLOC

Reaction score
Hey, how about some of y'all with recent Turbine XL installs post some high quality sound clips, preciate ya!

NoMoreV4

Reaction score
Waiting for my truck to arrive. I have the 3030XL sitting in my garage. again...just waiting....

NoMoreV4

Reaction score
Happy Easter!

I picked up my truck last Saturday the 9th. This truck is even more Quiet than my Laramie was. The next day, I took a sawzall to the OEM muffler and installed the 3030XL. Pretty easy to install. I drove the truck for 5 days. Highway and local.

This Direct Fit muffler was absolutely, exactly what I was looking for. As I cannot STAND a loud, obnoxious, ******' bag exhaust. They do nothing but p!ss people off. And, who wants that in such an expensive truck. I wanted luxury and the ability to put my motorcycle in the back. Some plywood as well. Here's some bullets...

1. ABSOLUTELY NO drone. It is nearly as quiet as complete stock when cruising 80 MPH.
2. Straight through design for best flow.
3. Muffler seems to be tuned for lower frequencies. Truck shakes the garage floor when I start it up YET, it is quiet.
4. Sounds like a quieter version of my 392 Challenger.
5. Perfect tone for me when you step on it. Bassy, performance demeanor that sounds refined. The V8 sound we all want. Yet I can listen to talk radio.
6. NO raspy high pitched noise and no decel pop pop sh!t.
7. BEST $300.00 I ever spent, in 35+ years, on an exhaust.
8. Looks completely OEM stock.

If you are looking for a quiet system that idles fantastic, shakes the floor, yet your neighbors absolutely will not hear you leave at 5:00AM, just go by it direct from Aero. NO tax and will ship within a day. Seriously, this is the way the truck should have left the factory. I heard the Mopar Borla. It is to loud for me. When it starts to sound that loud, it just "cheapens" the experience. Total turn off... You can still make a lot of power and yet still be quiet. My opinion of course...

TLOC

Reaction score
Happy Easter!

I picked up my truck last Saturday the 9th. This truck is even more Quiet than my Laramie was. The next day, I took a sawzall to the OEM muffler and installed the 3030XL. Pretty easy to install. I drove the truck for 5 days. Highway and local.

This Direct Fit muffler was absolutely, exactly what I was looking for. As I cannot STAND a loud, obnoxious, ******' bag exhaust. They do nothing but p!ss people off. And, who wants that in such an expensive truck. I wanted luxury and the ability to put my motorcycle in the back. Some plywood as well. Here's some bullets...

1. ABSOLUTELY NO drone. It is nearly as quiet as complete stock when cruising 80 MPH.
2. Straight through design for best flow.
3. Muffler seems to be tuned for lower frequencies. Truck shakes the garage floor when I start it up YET, it is quiet.
4. Sounds like a quieter version of my 392 Challenger.
5. Perfect tone for me when you step on it. Bassy, performance demeanor that sounds refined. The V8 sound we all want. Yet I can listen to talk radio.
6. NO raspy high pitched noise and no decel pop pop sh!t.
7. BEST $300.00 I ever spent, in 35+ years, on an exhaust.
8. Looks completely OEM stock.

If you are looking for a quiet system that idles fantastic, shakes the floor, yet your neighbors absolutely will not hear you leave at 5:00AM, just go by it direct from Aero. NO tax and will ship within a day. Seriously, this is the way the truck should have left the factory. I heard the Mopar Borla. It is to loud for me. When it starts to sound that loud, it just "cheapens" the experience. Total turn off... You can still make a lot of power and yet still be quiet. My opinion of course...
Nice review, yet no sound clip?!?! Any chance you can post one? Thanks...

Users who are viewing this thread