5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Reaction score
I'm a little concerned about how you'd mount this (after modifying). I only see two large holes on the downturn flanges - no other attachment points. On my Rambar, there are three bolt holes along the top surface (inboard of the posts), as well as a single side-mounted hole on the downturn flange. So each side of my Rambar has 4 bolts.
Unless I'm missing them, I only see two holes on each side - at the rear end (which isn't great). Kinda makes me wonder how these are supposed to mount on the HD Rams.
The bars ordered from dealer are installed different then the TRX. What you don't see in the pictures is a stake pocket mount. So on the bars you get from Mopar they are held on with 2 bolts at the back and then a bracket that bolts onto the side bars where stake pocket is and slides into the stake pocket and bolts using a clamp from inside.
I heard somewhere the TRX are bolted at the top because the truck was design with "jumping" it in mind and as rigidity. Now sure how true that is.
See picture of bracket in stake pocket. So each side has 3 bolts on this.

Screenshot_20220411-125818_Kijiji.jpg

Yeah, you got the right plan. Much easier to just modify the center tube after it's removed from whole assembly. This way it all fits back together. No other way to do it without fabricating a new center tube, or finding an old guy at the muffler shop who will just cut and weld in a new tube "good as new". LOL.

Yeah I'll have to take a look. As the bed rail brackets seem like they may have a different angle on it then the one for the 1500s. The brackets for the 1500s look flat, whereas the one I have for the 2500s looks like it's on a downward slope. So test fitting and stuff will need to be done. As the bar may not sit how it is designed. As long as it follows the lines of the truck I'm OK if it sits a little different.

jlinsenbardt

Reaction score
Stared at these dumb stupid things on it...
View attachment 125978

I also had these Mopar ones on my Charger from the factory (or dealer, whoevertheF puts them on) and i HATED the way it looked on there too.

I want to put a set of spline locks on them instead, and i see the M14 X 1.5's come in 2 lengths... 1-3/8" and 2"

Anyone know if the 1-3/8" would be too shallow to work? The inside cone on the OEM lugs has 1.5+ a smidge inside it, but i know the studs don't bottom out in the nut or it wouldn't work... just wondering if anyone has any experience with something shorter and less dumb and stupid looking that doesn't look so dumb and stupid. 😬 thanks for any info, peeps...
I got these and think they look pretty good. Had to order the 5-lug kit and an additional 4 lug pack but it worked out great. Also bought the little pouch to keep the spline socket and key socket in.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007QB5AII/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007QB5A56/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000COMXCM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

PXL_20220301_234025251.jpg

eye exaggerate

Reaction score
This is more about something I was going to do.

Just prior to the R / U conflict I was thinking of (and I have no idea why) taking the badging off of the sides of the truck and rearranging them to say WAR. I guess I figured it would look kinda neat on a gnarly blacked-out truck.

Life’s funny that way.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The bars ordered from dealer are installed different then the TRX. What you don't see in the pictures is a stake pocket mount. So on the bars you get from Mopar they are held on with 2 bolts at the back and then a bracket that bolts onto the side bars where stake pocket is and slides into the stake pocket and bolts using a clamp from inside.
I heard somewhere the TRX are bolted at the top because the truck was design with "jumping" it in mind and as rigidity. Now sure how true that is.
See picture of bracket in stake pocket. So each side has 3 bolts on this.

View attachment 126003

Yeah I'll have to take a look. As the bed rail brackets seem like they may have a different angle on it then the one for the 1500s. The brackets for the 1500s look flat, whereas the one I have for the 2500s looks like it's on a downward slope. So test fitting and stuff will need to be done. As the bar may not sit how it is designed. As long as it follows the lines of the truck I'm OK if it sits a little different.
FWIW, here’s the curvature of the bracket on mine.
1649702490687.jpeg

Reaction score
FWIW, here’s the curvature of the bracket on mine.
View attachment 126025
Hey I appreciate that. Hard to get shots from internet with good views.

It helps also to see where your bar sits in relation to the bumps in the plastic bed caps. See if my bar will sit in the same spot or closer in.

Can you a picture from further back showing this angle and the bar and maybe one from directly behind the tailgate?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey I appreciate that. Hard to get shots from internet with good views.

It helps also to see where your bar sits in relation to the bumps in the plastic bed caps. See if my bar will sit in the same spot or closer in.

Can you a picture from further back showing this angle and the bar and maybe one from directly behind the tailgate?
It's pouring down rain right now, so maybe later. In the meantime, here are a few pics that I lifted off of the Ram-TRX forum. NOT MY TRUCK.

1649704949318.png
1649705135938.png
1649705186337.png
1649705208371.png

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
WOW - They intentionally put those on???
haha yerp... if Mopar makes different ones i've never seent em the last 10 yrs.
Could just use normal hex lug nuts and not worry about it.
Funny you say that, a friend of mine always used to say 'any rim 18" and bigger, put a lock on it' and i used to think that made sense. so I had these dumb ones on my 19" rims on my charger... then some good ones on my 18"s on my tundra, and then i had a GMC with 20" and no locks and nothing ever happened... and those were OEMs and i'm thinking... i NEVER buy aftermarket rims.. like ever.. nothing wrong with it, it's not not a thing i do, and THAT is who i think the rim locks are really for.. since those are usually WAY more expensive. and like do people really gank OEM truck rims if its not a super duper expensive truck? like TRX/ Raptor/ Hummer rims maybe... but right now there's like 52,000 OEM Ram Rebel rims for sale on ebay... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: so like who the F would steal something you literally can't even sell hahaha

So i may do just that. tho... now that i've said it publicly... 😒

Last edited:

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
haha yerp... if Mopar makes different ones i've never seent em the last 10 yrs.

Funny you say that, a friend of mine always used to say 'any rim 18" and bigger, put a lock on it' and i used to think that made sense. so I had these dumb ones on my 19" rims o my charger... then some good ones on my 18"s on my tundra, and then i had a GMC with 20" and no locks and nothing ever happened... and those were OEMs and i'm thinking... i NEVER buy aftermarket rims.. like ever.. nothing wrong with it, it's not not a thing i do, and THAT is who i think the rim locks are really for.. since those are usually WAY more expensive. and like do people really gank OEM truck rims if its not a super duper expensive truck? like TRX/ Raptor/ Hummer rims maybe... but right now there's like 52,000 OEM Ram Rebel rims for sale on ebay... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: so like who the F would steal something you literally can't even sell hahaha

So i may do just that. tho... now that i've said it publicly... 😒
I had a 2006 Charger RT, and someone stole the stock 18” wheels, right in my driveway while I was sleeping (wasn’t in the greatest neighborhood at the time, but not the worst, either). Since then, I’ve put lock lugs on all my vehicles. People suck.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ouch. Those are fighting words! Lol. Totally understand.
lol just saw a report of a guy in PA being arrested for putting the Biden sticker on a gas station, apparently he was even putting some clear coat on top to make it harder to remove.
true or not, funny or not. the sticker just become to overdone

Another Money Pit

Reaction score
I had a 2006 Charger RT, and someone stole the stock 18” wheels, right in my driveway while I was sleeping (wasn’t in the greatest neighborhood at the time, but not the worst, either). Since then, I’ve put lock lugs on all my vehicles. People suck.
The only thing lock lugs are going to do is make it take 5 more minutes to take off. If they want it there're going to get it one way or another.

Users who are viewing this thread