5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019+ Rams with Lifts/Levels, and/or aftermarket wheel tire setups

noanoa

Reaction score
You're probably not getting a reply because this has been talked about I believe in this thread and others. Do some searching and I think you will get your answers. If you searched and still can't get an answer shoot me a message and I will try to point you in the right direction.

Thanks I’m still on page 8 and haven’t found the answer yet. Matter of fact I’ve been digging into this forum for a while. I must not be good at understanding it. I cannot find the answer as to the largest tire size and what offset to use for the air suspension, with no lift because apparently there isn’t one yet

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks I’m still on page 8 and haven’t found the answer yet. Matter of fact I’ve been digging into this forum for a while. I must not be good at understanding it. I cannot find the answer as to the largest tire size and what offset to use for the air suspension, with no lift because apparently there isn’t one yet
The problem is that the overall tire size and wheel offset are dependent on one another. First you have to decide what is most important to you as far as looks. Do you want to fill up the wheel wells so that when you're looking at the truck from the side you have minimized the gap all around. Or do you want a more aggressive stance so that from the front or rear view of the truck the wheels are sticking out past the edge of the fender, how wide of a tire are looking to run? An example a 305 55 20 on the factory 20x9 ET+19 will clear on stock suspension, Same tire on a negative offset will likely rub. It all depends on the look you're after.

chance21

Reaction score
How's the ride compared to stock?

The ride is marginally different. I wouldn't say worse, it's just slightly different. It's still smooth and a pleasure to drive. But, like all lifted trucks with larger tires, there's a little more "bounce". The aggressiveness of the tire tread pattern can be noticed. An AT/road focused tire like the Nitto Terra Grappler G2 would eliminate that. The higher elevation probably makes the biggest difference. I haven't noticed any road noise at all from the tires and the truck still rides like a Cadillac. I did notice a gear change difference from 2nd to 3rd because of the increased tire size, but again that's to be expected. Especially with my 3.21 gear ratio.

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The ride is marginally different. I wouldn't say worse, it's just slightly different. It's still smooth and a pleasure to drive. But, like all lifted trucks with larger tires, there's a little more "bounce". The aggressiveness of the tire tread pattern can be noticed. An AT/road focused tire like the Nitto Terra Grappler G2 would eliminate that. The higher elevation probably makes the biggest difference. I haven't noticed any road noise at all from the tires and the truck still rides like a Cadillac. I did notice a gear change difference from 2nd to 3rd because of the increased tire size, but again that's to be expected. Especially with my 3.21 gear ratio.
Appreciate the detailed response, I'm on the fence between just front level or 3.5 readylift... I love the way the stock ride drives and would really like to not have to sacrafice it but the truck is just too darn low to the ground visually and i really like the stance the readylift gices it.... You're input helps me out alot. thank you.. This forum rocks!

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Im currently running 305/ 55/ R20 ridge grapplers on My LH and they Don't produce any road noise what-so-ever.

Attachments

• IMG_3421.jpg
    IMG_3421.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 548

chance21

Reaction score
Appreciate the detailed response, I'm on the fence between just front level or 3.5 readylift... I love the way the stock ride drives and would really like to not have to sacrafice it but the truck is just too darn low to the ground visually and i really like the stance the readylift gices it.... You're input helps me out alot. thank you.. This forum rocks!
I did a spacer level on my Tundra and within 6 months replaced it with a lift kit. I knew the spacer wasn't what I wanted then, or now. For me and my idea of what I want from my truck the 3.5" is perfect.

Cmoar

Reaction score
So I been looking at the 2” level, but have seen mixed information. I have the off-road package. So does that mean I can’t do a 2” level?

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I been looking at the 2” level, but have seen mixed information. I have the off-road package. So does that mean I can’t do a 2” level?
You can do a 2" level and still be fine maybe even up to a 2.5" but you will have to replace the control arms no matter what. The angle for the factory ball joint will be in too much of a bind.

Dontfront82

Reaction score
You can do a 2" level and still be fine maybe even up to a 2.5" but you will have to replace the control arms no matter what. The angle for the factory ball joint will be in too much of a bind.

I had a leveling kit in the front before I had my 3.5 lift. I also have the off road package. And you do not need to replace the control arms and it's safe to put on. . For me the 2" level just wasn't high enough. Check out my post. It shows all the comparisons, stock. Leveled. 3.5 lift ect

Troop2865

Reaction score
I have my lift information under owners trucks, but thought I would post my lift, wheels, and tires here.

I have a Bighorn with the Off Road package. I wanted the full 3.5 up front so I used a 2.5 Motofab spacer and Readylift upper control arms.

For wheels and tires I am running Method Double Standard wheels, 18x9 -12, and Nitto Ridge Grappler tires in 35-12.50. I did massage the inner fender liners a little. There is no rubbing.

In my opinion, the truck rides every bit , if not a little better than stock with factory tires. The Nittos look great and are quiet. I may add one inch in the rear at some point, but right now I love the way it sits and rides. Couldn’t be happier. Here are a few photos.

AC1C728B-0825-412A-AE92-3AE80401ABAE.jpeg BB3CAED7-6693-45B8-B53B-65D68691E503.jpeg F3AFA694-9418-4FE4-9D0F-7C300EAF8D77.jpeg

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here is mine with a 2.5 MotoFab leveling kit. 35x12.5x24 with 24” fuel Maverick wheels with a +1 offset. The front is still about .75” lower than the back. View attachment 10353 View attachment 10354
Crazy how different all these trucks sit from the factory. With the 2" Ready Lift I was 3/4" lower in the front, Replaced it with a 2.5" spacer and now the front sits a 1/2" higher in the front. Is your truck 4wd or 2wd?

Users who are viewing this thread