5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Yankee Echo

Reaction score
So is the $1000 non-refundable deposit standard operating proceedure? I'm ready to get my order in after adding another $3G in options LOL. Has anyone dealt with salesman Evan Hardy? Am I getting the same deal as I would with any other sales person?

no
it is up to each dealer
mine only wanted 500.

My dealer didnt ask for anything down to order. Even after I ditched a Back Country to Get my Rebel

I actually offered to leave a deposit with my local dealer and they declined. I don't think they have any worries about selling it if I change my mind.

mike146

Reaction score
Obviously every dealer is different. I only worry about price protection without deposit. As far as selling if you bail, most would have no problem...some of the dealers we talk about here may have a problem depending on the amount who decided they didn't want any longer.

I was skeptical about non refundable deposit at first, but feel it is justified to keep people who change their mind as they wait. I was lucky to take delivery on the short end of my given window so am a bit biased. Was told 16 to 20 weeks and arrived 16 weeks to the day of order.... including shipping to NY

M02v8r

Reaction score
I paid a $1000 refundable deposit and my dealer said it was to lock in my price. After months of waiting and multiple sticker price increases my dealer honored our original price. I think it is their way to make sure you are a serious buyer.

Last edited:

vikadonis

Reaction score
my truck was agreed upon and down payment done 3/3/22
4/1 released from plant. Anyone know how long rail car rides are taking to Minnesota?

rtpassini

Reaction score
What's the general timeframe from start of production to ship? Just wondering if I need to prepare myself for more delays

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What's the general timeframe from start of production to ship? Just wondering if I need to prepare myself for more delays
I’ll let you figure out if that represents minutes, hours, days, weeks, or years.
Bonus points for anyone who recognizes the numerical reference.

Last edited:

Southside

Reaction score
Just got my pics from Mark Dodge :p my truck arrived on their lot today. I want to thank everyone on this site, and especially @Eighty & @triple_B for all of the help making this possible!!!

I will update with how my shipping to CT goes.
My truck was just delivered to CT 1600 miles, picked up from MD Friday 4/1 and delivered Monday 4/4 @ 6pm. First bid was $1k and didn't get any hits over two days, raised it to $1300 and was accepted in 10 minutes. I'm extremely happy with it, its my first truck and its amazing, especially inside!

Watching the driver pull it out of the trailer was scary to watch, but he was a pro!!!

Attachments

• 20220404_183330.jpg
    20220404_183330.jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 67
  • 20220404_183929.jpg
    20220404_183929.jpg
    303.7 KB · Views: 69
  • 20220404_184313.jpg
    20220404_184313.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 68
  • 20220404_184406.jpg
    20220404_184406.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 65
  • 20220404_184526.jpg
    20220404_184526.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 65
  • 20220404_184627.jpg
    20220404_184627.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 65
  • 20220404_184659.jpg
    20220404_184659.jpg
    267.5 KB · Views: 67
  • 20220404_184952.jpg
    20220404_184952.jpg
    335.4 KB · Views: 70

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score

There isn’t one. Some guys have been waiting since last year, and some ordered last month and have already received their trucks. There is absolutely no reasoning. It’s just madness.

rtpassini

Reaction score
There isn’t one. Some guys have been waiting since last year, and some ordered last month and have already received their trucks. There is absolutely no reasoning. It’s just madness.
I have been waiting a long time as well. However I was referring to when it "enters production " there's a timeframe on that.

Not from when the order is placed

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My truck was just delivered to CT 1600 miles, picked up from MD Friday 4/1 and delivered Monday 4/4 @ 6pm. First bid was $1k and didn't get any hits over two days, raised it to $1300 and was accepted in 10 minutes. I'm extremely happy with it, its my first truck and its amazing, especially inside!

Watching the driver pull it out of the trailer was scary to watch, but he was a pro!!!
Very cool. Nice looking truck.

I’m curious how you go about the vehicle shipping process? You mentioned bids. Is there a particular shipping company that’s better than others or do you just choose the lowest price? I never shipped a vehicle before and really interested in this.

Rich6896

Reaction score
So do you just have the salesperson inspect? What if something is wrong when it gets to you?

Southside

Reaction score
Very cool. Nice looking truck.

I’m curious how you go about the vehicle shipping process? You mentioned bids. Is there a particular shipping company that’s better than others or do you just choose the lowest price? I never shipped a vehicle before and really interested in this.
MD is a member of "Central Dispatch", which is a site brokers and drivers use to arrange loads. MD placed the bids and i went with what they recommended. If you are more flexible on scheduling the price will be lower etc. This was also my first time shipping a vehicle and was impressed with the process. My coworkers pretty much thought i was nuts ordering a truck in Louisiana, but it literally saved me ~8k, and i will enjoy driving it in tomarrow to prove i wasn't talking Shi$! The old school dealer business model is never going to be able to compete with the likes of Tesla and online purchasing. MD is ahead of the curve, all it took was a 5 minute zoom meeting with finance and a couple emails, without all the arguing and high pressure tatics.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have been waiting a long time as well. However I was referring to when it "enters production " there's a timeframe on that.

Not from when the order is placed
Not really. Some trucks land in paint and stay for days. Some get stuck in inspection for long periods of time. Some go to where accessories are done (bed liners, etc) and get stuck there. If it all goes well, I think it’s just a couple of days. But, then the shipping process begins. Some trucks get stuck in port or other holding areas sometimes for weeks.

Southside

Reaction score
So do you just have the salesperson inspect? What if something is wrong when it gets to you?
MD did their inspection, the driver after he pulled it into my driveway took pictures from all sides, and i tool pictures too. The drivers are cash only, and there wasn't a bill of lading or any paperwork. Before i paid the driver i did an inspection, if their was any serious damage i wouldn't have accepted it. After going over it in detail its in perfect shape. MD is putting out such a volume of vehicles, and a large part online, that they will not risk their rep over some body damage. I have read accounts by others here when there was damage from the rail yard they could of had it repaired or reordered, but Aaron was on top of it.

Last edited:

gator6

Reaction score
Yes, we're tracking the 1500 (DT models, not DS models) on this forum.

Here's a link to enter your information:

Here's a link to the tracking spreadsheet:

Daily updates are on this thread (link is to Friday's morning post) - keep an eye on this one daily:

Ok [mention]Eighty [/mention] I just put in another VIN for tracking. [mention]mxsnow [/mention] let’s see how fast this one goes.

1C6SRFRM0NN344551

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gator6

Reaction score

I wish I could’ve put that sunroof on my 3500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online