5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't customize app drawer/bottom menu bar

jbs45

Reaction score
2022 Ram 1500 Limited.
I've read posts & watched videos on how to customize the bottom menu bar, but it won't let me drag apps from the apps menu to the bottom menu bar on the main screen. What am I doing wrong?
I want to add the surround camera app to the main screen bottom menu.
Thanks in advance for any help.

demechler

Reaction score
I have the same problem. All the videos I've watched where this has been done have been for 2019 RAM pickups. Apparently it's changed for 2021?? Which the option was available for my 2022 Laramie 1500..

jbs45

Reaction score
I have the same problem. All the videos I've watched where this has been done have been for 2019 RAM pickups. Apparently it's changed for 2021?? Which the option was available for my 2022 Laramie 1500..
Still haven't figured it out yet

kdawg

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has figured this out?

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm puzzled...it works on my '19 with no issue, and I did move the surround camera icon to the bottom tray (VERY HANDY). I never watched any video, just held, dragged and dropped. Curious if you get this figured out.

jbs45

Reaction score
I'm puzzled...it works on my '19 with no issue, and I did move the surround camera icon to the bottom tray (VERY HANDY). I never watched any video, just held, dragged and dropped. Curious if you get this figured out.
Did you delete an app from the tray before you added the surround camera app?

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Can this be done on a 2019 w/ the 8.4 inch screen?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Did you delete an app from the tray before you added the surround camera app?
Don't need to delete before dragging new in. It just kicks the far right icon off

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
It works! Now I won’t accidentally press the radio when using CarPlay. Thanks!

bronco44

Reaction score
Did any of you ever get this to work? When I got my 23, I was able to customize the app drawer. Then I did a factory reset due to some glitches I was having, now I can rearrange the app drawer but I can't swap out what apps are there. Very frustrating

chass

Reaction score
Was wondering if anybody got this working on their 2023 12"
Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread