5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tire recommendation please

Tommyb63

Reaction score
2020 1500 Laramie Sport. The stock Bridgestones Dueler H/L's have 24K on them and are almost done. Pretty disappointing considering I baby them, I rotate at every oil change (4K-5K miles), and keep pressures where they should be. Anyway, I'm looking for an all season, sport profile in the original size 275/50/20. My preferences are low noise, comfort, good treadwear, and I'd prefer not to take a hit on gas mileage. I don't go offroading, so my typical use is daily in town and highway driving. Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Last edited:

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
OEM tires are lousy, you were lucky to get 24K out of them. I was rough on my OEM Bridgestones and they were close to the wear bar at 10k. Replaced them with the next size diameter E-rated Michelin LTX. Very quiet, great in snow/rain, decent for light off-roading but will pick up some marble size stones

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My vote is for Michelin LTX M/S or, if you want to go all terrain, Falken Wildpeak at3w.

Something I never thought of for a long time is to check the weight of the tires you want to purchase. If you go from a 36LB tire to 46LB, you’ll loae gas mileage. Just something to think about.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just put Nitto 420Vs on and can't say enough good about them. I originally wanted Toyo Proxes but they are backordered nationwide so I settled for the Nittos. Love them. Super grippy in the corners. Great ride. No noise at all.

Tommyb63

Reaction score
I just put Nitto 420Vs on and can't say enough good about them. I originally wanted Toyo Proxes but they are backordered nationwide so I settled for the Nittos. Love them. Super grippy in the corners. Great ride. No noise at all.
This is the tire I was looking at until I started seeing reviews saying they don't last.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is the tire I was looking at until I started seeing reviews saying they don't last.
I have only read a couple reviews with that issue. They have a good warranty though and I'm pretty easy on tires.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Totally agree...COOL LOOKING is far more important than ride quality, noise, wet and dry traction, safety, etc. We should all buy tires solely based on the way they make your truck look...totally agree😂
Haven't read anything bad about the Nittos as far as those categories. So I'm good.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Haven't read anything bad about the Nittos as far as those categories. So I'm good.
My comment is more of a general response since there are a ton of folks on this forum that do put looks before performance. I just find that fascinating and nothing more.

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just switched out my Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs (OEM tires on the Rebel) for Wrangler Adventure with Kevlar. I loved how aggressive they made my truck look, but to be honest The Duratracs got too loud as they wore down… and I don’t off road at all. The Adventures deliver great snow/rain traction while being much quieter and fuel friendly on the road.

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just switched out my Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs (OEM tires on the Rebel) for Wrangler Adventure with Kevlar. I loved how aggressive they made my truck look, but to be honest The Duratracs got too loud as they wore down… and I don’t off road at all. The Adventures deliver great snow/rain traction while being much quieter and fuel friendly on the road.

The wife’s Jeep GC came with those …. They have been pretty good …. As OEM tires do, they wore pretty quick …. They are the replacement for the old Silent Armours, which were great tires

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mxz

Reaction score
I had Cooper Zeon LTZ's on a previous Ram and they were a good all around tire. They are described as an all season sport truck tire.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just bought some 275/50/22 Michelin LTX m/s tires for my fuel wheels. These are 32.91” diameter and have .5” taller sidewall than 285/45/22, which is why I chose them as a 100% street tire. They are unbelievably quiet and smooth. I hate to admit it because they don’t have that off-road look, but I love them already. I think I’m just going to sell the Toyo Open Country AT3’s that I took off.

AE1D3ADB-E3B3-48DB-9DB9-BD061F1F5A9B.jpeg
72EF431B-7237-44B2-B4CA-60AD5C824C74.jpeg

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
I'd look at craigslist and facebook marketplace for some cheap takeoffs.
I wanted a matching spare and found a guy selling a set of 4 tires and wheels for $300.
So what if they don't last any longer than the originals. The cost per mile can't be beat!

Drewballin

Reaction score
I had Cooper Zeon LTZ's on a previous Ram and they were a good all around tire. They are described as an all season sport truck tire.
I had these once before also, were a good tire but they are discontinued from what I have read.

sylent_snyper

Reaction score
This is the first time buying tires I didn't go for looks first. I got a few personal references for the Michelin Defender LTX M/S tires and read a bunch of great reviews so ended up going with them. They're definitely a quiet tire and ride nice and they had plenty of grip in the snow. I saw a slight uptick in my MPG as well which doesn't hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread