5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Uconnect 12 Goes Black

Itsslow98

Reaction score
If I drive the car and then park it to pump gas, I've had multiple issues with the screen going black on restart and my gauge cluster will go nuts. No way to fix it without letting the truck sit for a while. Made an appt with the dealer but they are 2 weeks out. Hoping this isn't going to be a long drawn out problem.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pop the hood and open the fuse box and push down with a far amount of force on everything in the fuse box you see, you will likely be surprised how many things aren't fully seated, may "fix" your issue, or not, but at least you will know that isn't the issue.

Itsslow98

Reaction score
Pop the hood and open the fuse box and push down with a far amount of force on everything in the fuse box you see, you will likely be surprised how many things aren't fully seated, may "fix" your issue, or not, but at least you will know that isn't the issue.
You were right, a lot of stuff wasn't seated completely but nothing so much that I think it would cause the issue.

When I just went to pull it in the garage it said the software was updated so I'm thinking maybe it was spazzing out because of that but I never got any notification of the impending download.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Best to have it outside in the open air for an update to not impede the satellite signal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone ever fixed anything with this? Are the fuses making connection to both slots? To go from 1/8" to 1/4" down doesn't make a difference

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When new and you are only halfway engaged in the slot you will be fine and connections are there, but as you drive and time, vibrations, potholes jolts to the truck, it is more likely you will eventually lose those partially engaged slots, this is to ensure you don't have some gremlins in the future. And to rule out the possibility of issues now.

liq001

Reaction score
If I drive the car and then park it to pump gas, I've had multiple issues with the screen going black on restart and my gauge cluster will go nuts. No way to fix it without letting the truck sit for a while. Made an appt with the dealer but they are 2 weeks out. Hoping this isn't going to be a long drawn out problem.

did you get it fixed? I have 2022 too. My screen black out once and Back to Normal now. But the digital rear mirror has issue multiple times. It’s keep restart itself. Do you have this issue too?

liq001

Reaction score
Where is the fuse box? I need to check that. My digital rear mirror keep restarting itself. Only 100 miles in my truck

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Where is the fuse box? I need to check that. My digital rear mirror keep restarting itself. Only 100 miles in my truck
All that will do is make you feel better, it will not change anything. There are two fuse boxes one under the hood and one under the steering wheel to the left. You will be able to slightly push in all the fuses.

liq001

Reaction score
All that will do is make you feel better, it will not change anything. There are two fuse boxes one under the hood and one under the steering wheel to the left. You will be able to slightly push in all the fuses.
Thanks, do you have the sceen issue? it's so annoying

liq001

Reaction score
Please keep me posted, I have the same issue on my 2022...

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks, do you have the sceen issue? it's so annoying
Alot of people have issues with uconnect 5, according to star agents another update is expected by end of 1st quarter.

liq001

Reaction score
Alot of people have issues with uconnect 5, according to star agents another update is expected by end of 1st quarter.
great news, so this update could be a fix of this issue?

AV8OR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My truck isn’t even a week old and I’ve had to do a CTRL-ALT-DEL three times for a blank screen.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
great news, so this update could be a fix of this issue?
Sounds like it, also will fix a "lock up/frozen screen on start up". They told me if it locks up just push the power button on radio for 10 seconds and it should reboot the radio. Haven't tried that yet to confirm it works.

liq001

Reaction score
My truck isn’t even a week old and I’ve had to do a CTRL-ALT-DEL three times for a blank screen.
My digital rearview mirror just work as intented for day 1 and then completely dead. I have to contract my dealer soon. Hopefully it is just a simple fix. I sceen hold up good for now, and also hope an update to prevent the blank screen.

liq001

Reaction score
Sounds like it, also will fix a "lock up/frozen screen on start up". They told me if it locks up just push the power button on radio for 10 seconds and it should reboot the radio. Haven't tried that yet to confirm it works.
Thanks for your infromation. Could you please keep me posted once the update available. I just got my truck about 1 week, do I need the celluar in order to get the update?

Itsslow98

Reaction score
Sorry for not updating. I had to cancel my appt but it's rescheduled for this month. It's happened to me twice in the past 2 weeks.

info

Reaction score
2022 same issue with the 12" screen. Has anyone put in the new update?

CndnRam

Reaction score
2022 same issue with the 12" screen. Has anyone put in the new update?
Picking mine up from the dealer in an hour with todays update. My system was completely Fubar'd barely worked if it even turned on.... hoping its fixed now.

Users who are viewing this thread