5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

E Torque - Auto stop and start

Vdubbry

Reaction score
Hey all,

2022 Ram 1500 with the Hemi E-Torque. Anyone that has this setup, does your vehicle actually cut off/stop before you have come to a complete stop? I will be rolling to a stop say in heavy traffic and the dang thing cuts off. Any other vehicle I've ever driven that has that auto stop/start has always shut off after I've been to a complete stop for at least a couple seconds. I'm wondering if there is an adjustment that needs to be made or if that is just how the Ram does it. I really don't care for it and usually remember to turn it off every time I start the truck. I wouldn't mind it as much if it worked differently.

Vdubbry

Reaction score
Thank you! It is smooth as far as the actual stop and start but I don't like the feeling of not even being at a complete stop yet and the motor shuts off, it makes it feel as if I've stalled out.

I am going to look for the coupon code and order that thing. I hate when I forget to push the button and then get in to traffic Grrrr

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I love my autostop eliminator. Worth every penny to me.

Snekpete

Reaction score
Yeah, I've completely forgotten about it now. The device just acts as a memory, storing whatever setting you have for the next start. If you leave A S S on, it stays on, leave it off, it stays off.

BB22

Reaction score
Hey all,

2022 Ram 1500 with the Hemi E-Torque. Anyone that has this setup, does your vehicle actually cut off/stop before you have come to a complete stop? I will be rolling to a stop say in heavy traffic and the dang thing cuts off. Any other vehicle I've ever driven that has that auto stop/start has always shut off after I've been to a complete stop for at least a couple seconds. I'm wondering if there is an adjustment that needs to be made or if that is just how the Ram does it. I really don't care for it and usually remember to turn it off every time I start the truck. I wouldn't mind it as much if it worked differently.
My 22 Rebel does the same thing about half the time. It will shut off with still about another foot or so before the truck is completely stopped. This is especially annoying when I stop and want to go into reverse and the truck shuts off before I can move the shift dial to reverse. When pulling into a parking space, the truck shuts off before I can put it into park. When I put it into park, the truck starts up again! **** poor engineering!

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My 22 Rebel does the same thing about half the time. It will shut off with still about another foot or so before the truck is completely stopped. This is especially annoying when I stop and want to go into reverse and the truck shuts off before I can move the shift dial to reverse. When pulling into a parking space, the truck shuts off before I can put it into park. When I put it into park, the truck starts up again! **** poor engineering!
It's likely that all 2022 Ram 1500's with etorque behave the same way, since they were redesigned to act that way. Like @d15nonvtec said above, Ram changed the behavior of stop/start for 2022 models.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s how Stellanis squeezed out another 1 mpg city for the EPA
4B56BE00-F2ED-477A-836B-42470E8DA396.png

Maryland bowhunter

Reaction score
Prior to purchasing my 2022 Rebel, I test drove the various Ram models, and some of the ones I drove had the ETorque function. I was not a fan (maybe I am just old school and not used to this technology). The sales manager kept pushing this function on me during our negotiations. I stuck to my guns when ordering my 2022 Rebel and did not get the ETorque function. I told the sales manager that this is just something that can break or the expensive battery may need replacing in the future. I wanted to stay away from this future expense and loss of use of my truck due to it being in the shop for repairs. SOOO glad I did't get this function, hearing these issues.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

RebelGT

Reaction score
From the website:
  • Please contact us if you have a 2022 Ram G/T with a console mounted shifter and are within driving distance of Fairmont, WV. We'll pay $500 and provide a free device. You can stay with your vehicle the entire time. We DO NOT need to drive your vehicle, make any programming changes, or remove any trim panels. Contact us for details.
Please someone with a G/T near WV - go collect the $500 and make the product available for G/T models. I would love to have one.

Vdubbry

Reaction score
lol same thing happens to me parking, I normally remember to shut it off every time I hop in the truck but lately I've been forgetting. Definitely ordering the auto stop eliminator. It's strange that sometimes it just doesn't auto stop at all. I wonder how it decides. It hasn't done it to me once today or yesterday.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It’s explained in your manual as to what perimeters it needs to see in order to work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all,

Yep, exactly how mine behaves. If it knows I'm going to stop, it cuts the engine out. I don't mind it. Haven't turned the feature off yet.

Yeah in theory only. Those figures are far off from actual mpgs on these Rams.
Sticker says I should be getting 19 combined and I'm getting 20.2 when not towing. I can live with that.

Users who are viewing this thread