5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grill light hook up

BB22

Reaction score
Just installed 3 grill lights but have not hooked them up to power yet. I’ll be using a relay and want to tap into the drivers side parking light for the trigger on the relay. Does anyone know what wire goes to the parking light? It looks to me like the white wire with brown stripe.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I personally found it easier to run a wire from back bumper up to the engine bay. Its fast and easy to run along the frame rail and tap into the parking/running lamp wire on rear of trailer connector on back of rear bumper and no relay will be needed.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Fuse tap to F38 in the engine bay.
Does f38 only have power with the parking lights? It’s listed as Drive Train Controller Module (DTCM) / Active Cooling Temperature Valve

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does f38 only have power with the parking lights? It’s listed as Drive Train Controller Module (DTCM) / Active Cooling Temperature Valve
F38 has power when the engine is running. Not tied into the lights.

piggyzw

Reaction score
Will appreciate any insight on where to tap into for grill lights that have the turn signal functonality. Looking for where to tap into for the turn signal wires on a 2020 1500

Users who are viewing this thread