5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 2022 1500 Limited (RED) Edition.

Croak

Reaction score
Hey ya'll. Thanks for having me!

57 years old and finally bought my first truck. I've been a sports/performance car guy my entire life, but I don't bend in the middle as well as I used to and starting thinking about something more comfortable, and more usable.

Decided on a truck, and decided early on that I didn't need a 4x4. And since I'm a Mopar guy, that meant a Ram. Whatever model, it was going to have the Night edition package.

My first thought was to get either a Rebel GT or Laramie GT, since I loves me some floor shifter and a bit of exhaust rumble and intake noise.

Rebel GT got disqualified quick for not offering an LSD, just a locker, no chance of factory power running boards, and back late last year, you couldn't spec the tech or advanced safety package, and I didn't know about the work-around to get cooled seats on a Rebel GT (order the Night Edition).

Laramie GT was looking like the way to go, but the tech package (HUD, 360 camera etc) was also on restriction, and to get power running boards you had to move up to the 4x4 model. And, with all the options I wanted, it was more than a Limited with the same options (sans the GT stuff).

So, I placed an order for a 2022 Limited 1500 (RED) Edition just before Christmas last year, as nothing was on restriction, and I figured I could get used to a dial shifter. Got all the options I wanted, none that I didn't. Well, still second-guessing my decision not to get Ram Boxes, but other than that, I'm happy. Yeah, I know, I paid an extra $400 just for four red badges on a Night Edition, but they're purdy.

0I1y9xd.jpg

It arrived last Wednesday.

wMbWstB.jpg

And here it is next to my trade, a 2020 Challenger 1320 (which actually appreciated above my November 2020 new purchase price). Speaking of price, my original MSRP was $71,950 (and what was on the invoice of my unit), and I got a solid break on that price from the dealer, plus the $1k national and $500 military rebates.

1lfC2oi.jpg

I've got 300 miles on her now, pretty well pleased. Had a Tazer DT waiting that I installed as soon as I got it home, and added some red trimmed Cupholder Hero splash inside the cabin. Thought I had all the fuse taps I'd ever need, but all of mine are Mini or larger, wasn't expecting Micro2 fuses, so the dash cams and Uniden R3 that I removed from my Challenger are waiting on a package from Amazon to finish the install.

As far as future mods, will probably be getting a better tonneau cover, and seriously thinking about a Decked or similar bed drawer system, and/or trying to figure out which locking underseat storage bin I want to go with, since I spend a lot of time at the range and prefer that sort of stuff be as secure as possible. I'm leaning towards staying stock with the intake and exhaust, satisfied with the factory 22" wheels, and the Scorpion Verdes that wrap them don't seem to suck so far.

Side note, if anybody likes my truck and wants to buy it, there's another one just like it coming in a week or so, minus the 33gal tank, 3.92, and bed utility group, so just at $1,000 less expensive. It'll also have my name on the sticker. Dealership made a mistake on the order, submitted a correction, but it got placed as a second order. :)

ben b

Reaction score
Love the red accents! Does the red theme carry into the interior? Pictures appreciated!

Croak

Reaction score
The logo on the arm rest lid is in red, and says RAM (RED) instead of Limited. The rest of the interior is regular Limited trim colors.

The rear seat area is still full of the junk I took out of my Challenger, so I haven't done any interior pictures, I'll throw some up this weekend.

Croak

Reaction score
Took some more pictures. Red piping is that cheap Amazon stuff, have another order coming with a darker red, did all four doors and the edge of the center console with it. The inserts are from Cupholder Hero, also via Amazon.

jF5847B.jpg

j7iqkhX.jpg

nnIj6Zg.jpg

EiAChOx.jpg

gjvS8AX.jpg

PXMhz4N.jpg

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new truck . That looks amazing ! I didn’t know the red accents were an option .

tech97elec

Reaction score
Very NICE! I like the interior. Friend of mine just bought an all white Limited w the white seats... or whatever color. Didnt like that at all.

Congrats!

TyH2009

Reaction score
Very nice. I test drove one of these today and liked it, I just wish it had the etorque and limited level 1 package too.

Users who are viewing this thread