5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where do you keep the key? I'm struggling!

Brownan

Reaction score
Two weeks into 1500 Limited ownership. Very impressive overall.

Wondering where you put the key? I prefer not to keep in my pocket, and other cars I have all have a little "dock" for the key. I've experimented with various places....cup holder, coin bin, etc but not fully satisfied with any of those solutions. Thanks!

Separately, can't wait for the Uconnect5 OTA update. This version very buggy....

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Mine rarely ever leaves my pocket. What's the use of having a system to unlock the vehicle and start it, without the need to even touch the fob, if I then have to pull it out of my pocket to find a place to store it?

My Audi requires me to insert the fob into a dock to start the car. I really hate having to do that, and wish it had the same system as my Ram.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Clipoed to my beltloop on my shorts. Too big to be in my pocket. And since I don't have the proximity entry and need to push button on the fob to lock/unlock the doors, easy to reach down and hit the button

Vitodeco Genuine Leather Keyless Entry Remote Control Smart Key Case Cover with Leather Key Chain Compatible for RAM 1500 2019-2022 (5-Button with Tailgate, Black/Red) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L45ZFT...t_i_F07DS8931P4BV8EJ6Y09?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's always in my pocket.

If I was going to put it somewhere I would probably put it in the foam water/sports bottle insert in the driver's door. I never use it.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Always in my pocket, I'd forget it otherwise and always end up going back in the truck to get it. That said, the key fob for these things is rather large compared to what I had for my Jeep.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Keep it in my pocket by itself, the house keys are on a separate removable key fob that you press a release to remove, I keep that in the center console or in the wife's purse if I'm not on my own.

This allows me the full freedom of the keyless system while not having to deal with bulky items in my pocket, just a small key fob.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I keep mine on my carabiner which is in my pocket.

Users who are viewing this thread