5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alpine speaker upgrade ANC question

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Swapped the pins and solved the ANC issue.

Speakers are fantastic!
Old thread I know, but getting ready to do same upgrade as you to my Alpine system . . . Do you see any benefit or downside at all to putting the CDT coaxials in the front doors as well ?

drumminj

Reaction score
Do you see any benefit or downside at all to putting the CDT coaxials in the front doors as well ?

I don't have the CDTs (used Infinity instead), but the fronts are bass-only via a crossover in the amp. So having tweeters in the front doors won't provide any benefit with the Alpine system, assuming you're using the factory amplifier.

Last edited:

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't have the CDTs (used Infinity insteady), but the fronts are bass-only via a crossover in the amp. So having tweeters in the front doors won't provide any benefit with the Alpine system, assuming you're using the factory amplifier.

Thank You …. Which Infinity’s did you put in the front ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drumminj

Reaction score
Thank You …. Which Infinity’s did you put in the front ?

I replaced dash and headliners with 3032cfx and all 4 doors with 9632ix.

As I mentioned above, the tweeters in front doors are wasted, but I'd have to move up to component speakers(more $$$) to get a woofer-only solution with Infinity. CDT is more attractive in that regard, as I imagine the midbass-only drivers perform better than a coaxial at the same frequencies (and in retrospect, I'm happy with the overall sound but wish I'd gone with CDT for the doors instead)

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score

As I mentioned above, the tweeters in front doors are wasted, but I'd have to move up to component speakers(more $$$) to get a woofer-only solution with Infinity. CDT is more attractive in that regard, as I imagine the midbass-only drivers perform better than a coaxial at the same frequencies (and in retrospect, I'm happy with the overall sound but wish I'd gone with CDT for the doors instead)

Great explanation …. Thank you for your help

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Are the rear door speakers bass only with the Alpine system also?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I tapped both rear door signals for my LOC, but mine didn’t state it allows a bridgeable connection. It would probably still work if I bridged it though.

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just put the CDT 2 ohm coaxials HD-690CFX in my rear doors today …. Huge improvement …. Used the Metras and switched the polarity as advised …. I have the Alpine system …. CDT woofers in the front doors next Sat …. Prying those door panels off makes me nervous as hell

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just put the CDT 2 ohm coaxials HD-690CFX in my rear doors today …. Huge improvement …. Used the Metras and switched the polarity as advised …. I have the Alpine system …. CDT woofers in the front doors next Sat …. Prying those door panels off makes me nervous as hell

What’s worse is when you forget to switch polarity on the harness, pull the door panels back off, then all but a few trim clips break. Then you repeat that same process for the rear. Ask how I know….

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What’s worse is when you forget to switch polarity on the harness, pull the door panels back off, then all but a few trim clips break. Then you repeat that same process for the rear. Ask how I know….

Broke 1 on one panel …. Pissed me off

jd20lar

Reaction score

How's your 3032cfx the headliner?
And I can't get covers off. Tips??
I did dash 3, saw someone say it was to much in headliner.
I put infinity kappa 93ix in all doors, added more bass response down to 35k. I'm not planning on adding a sub.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I put infinity kappa 93ix in all doors, added more bass response down to 35k. I'm not planning on adding a sub.

Where the Kappa 93’s in the doors 2 ohm ? And ya know the front doors are low only ?

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score

They barely work in the headliner, It's not too much, You're not going to hear them unless you sit back there and your ear is very close to them.
You need to pull really hard on the covers, right up to the point where you feel like your wrist will rip itself out of your arm. If your joints are good enough, the cover will give first(Hopefully).

jd20lar

Reaction score
Where the Kappa 93’s in the doors 2 ohm ? And ya know the front doors are low only ?

93ix are 2.5 ohm. And yes I know about the low pass only. So I modified the built-in cross over to bypass the inductor and let the tweeters get what they could with the capacitor (nothing really) but bass response is better than stock. Probably could have skipped fronts tho. Overall big improvement w/o getting into wiring amps etc.
cde5bc1e61790f19430541ebc11817b9.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread