5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

295/60r20 -18offset on level? - update: it fits

CaptainSumTingWong

Reaction score
Have a 21 limited, putting the Daystar+links in to level it. Anybody know if 295/60r20 with a -18 offset wheel will fit or will I need to trim it do with a bigger lift?

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Was lookin to do same …. I’m doin 3”F/2”R with 20” x 10” -18 wheels …. Decided to do 305/55R20, cuz the fit the wheel better, and I’m not a fan of the stuffed look …. I currently have 2-1/2” of rake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CaptainSumTingWong

Reaction score
Good point. I forgot to mention it's a 10 wide wheel.

I've done a bunch of searching, the problem is most people don't include offset or wheel width when discussing what fits and what doesn't.

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good point. I forgot to mention it's a 10 wide wheel.

I've done a bunch of searching, the problem is most people don't include offset or wheel width when discussing what fits and what doesn't.

Do a gallery search at custom Wheel Offset and you can plug it all in there to see what you want

CaptainSumTingWong

Reaction score
Do a gallery search at custom Wheel Offset and you can plug it all in there to see what you want

Yeah looked there first. Couldn't find what I was looking for. Results came back mostly 4th gen and the 5th gen stuff didn't have the right tire size. A lot of 305/55

Woolnerc

Reaction score
Have a 21 limited, putting the Daystar+links in to level it. Anybody know if 295/60r20 with a -18 offset wheel will fit or will I need to trim it do with a bigger lift?
did you ever get any info on this, in got a 2019 longhorn with air sus and just the revel leveling links, and was looking at the same, set of nitto recons 295/60r20 on a 20x10 -18
its going to be very close.

Louhound88

Reaction score
did you ever get any info on this, in got a 2019 longhorn with air sus and just the revel leveling links, and was looking at the same, set of nitto recons 295/60r20 on a 20x10 -18
its going to be very close.
I have 295/65r20 on stock wheels. +19 I believe.

I clear fine on a motofab 2.5 inch level. Tires measure out to 34.75" tall and height really isn't an issue. Width wise they clear the front and back of the wheel wells when turning to full lock, either direction.

I did have some rubbing full left turn lock on the passenger side wheel. When turning full lock left in reverse my tire would catch the thin plastic liner inside the wheel well. it was sorta warped and bent outwards I think from engine heat. I cut off a small 3 inch piece and no more rubbing.

Going with -18 offset would push the tire about 1.5" out. But with the tire being 33.9" I think you should clear fine. Only places you would be close would be at the front of the wheel well/fender and at the small mud flap on the backside of the wheel well. I clear these no problem.

BluegrassMotorsport

Reaction score
I have 295/65r20 on stock wheels. +19 I believe.

I clear fine on a motofab 2.5 inch level. Tires measure out to 34.75" tall and height really isn't an issue. Width wise they clear the front and back of the wheel wells when turning to full lock, either direction.

I did have some rubbing full left turn lock on the passenger side wheel. When turning full lock left in reverse my tire would catch the thin plastic liner inside the wheel well. it was sorta warped and bent outwards I think from engine heat. I cut off a small 3 inch piece and no more rubbing.

Going with -18 offset would push the tire about 1.5" out. But with the tire being 33.9" I think you should clear fine. Only places you would be close would be at the front of the wheel well/fender and at the small mud flap on the backside of the wheel well. I clear these no problem.
I'm going with the motofab level but I'm torn. I'm thinking either the 2.0 front or the 2.5 front with the 1.0 rear. How level is your 2.5? I was afraid of mine being too nose high at that height.

Louhound88

Reaction score
I'm going with the motofab level but I'm torn. I'm thinking either the 2.0 front or the 2.5 front with the 1.0 rear. How level is your 2.5? I was afraid of mine being too nose high at that height.
It's pretty level, with about a quarter to half inch lower in the front.

Measuring before from ground to middle of fenders, 39" in back, 36.25" in front.

Measuring after; 40.75 in the rear, 40.25" in the front.

Stock tires were 31" mounted, new tires are 34.75" mounted.

I've read so many different pre-level fender heights and it varies truck to truck, model to model. I went with 2.5 because I had a lot of rake factory. 2.5" worked well for me.

CaptainSumTingWong

Reaction score
Got everything put on so wanted to give everyone an update. I did a day star level with revelinks. Before the new wheels and tires. I measured just over 39.25 to the middle of the front fenders.
Fuel rebel wheels -18 offset 20x10 with 295/60r20 Toyo At3.

Everything fits with no rubbing in normal ride height on the air suspension. There is about between a quarter and eighth inch of clearance. No trimming

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got everything put on so wanted to give everyone an update. I did a day star level with revelinks. Before the new wheels and tires. I measured just over 39.25 to the middle of the front fenders.

Everything fits with no rubbing in normal ride height on the air suspension. There is about between a quarter and eighth inch of clearance. No trimming

Oh come on ?!?! Pics ?!?! …. Yours truly, Mr Bang Ding Ow

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
giphy.gif

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Perfect …. Thx for the pics …. Can’t wait to get mine done

Woolnerc

Reaction score

Great news..i ordered the daystar spaces to pair with my links also... any issues in the lower modes? I wonder if 9 inch wide x 20 rims, gives more or less wiggle room..
Im stuck between the venomrex 603 in 9x20 0 offset and the 4Play 4P80R 20x10 -18,
Both paired with the nitto recons 295/60/20.

Screenshot_20220121-221555_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20220121-221451_Chrome.jpg

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Great news..i ordered the daystar spaces to pair with my links also... any issues in the lower modes? I wonder if 9 inch wide x 20 rims, gives more or less wiggle room..
Im stuck between the venomrex 603 in 9x20 0 offset and the 4Play 4P80R 20x10 -18,

View attachment 117939 View attachment 117940

The 9” w/0 offset is the safer bet

CaptainSumTingWong

Reaction score

View attachment 117939 View attachment 117940
9 wide with 0 offset will give more wiggle room. You are bringing the wheels in about 30 mm compared to 10 wide -18 offset.

Just checked, aero mode rubs, main issue is outer back corner of the wheel rubbing on the “mud flap”, which happens around 1 steering wheel rotation. Then rub from the front outer edge with the inner wheel liner at full lock. Nothing a little bit of trimming can’t take care of, but without trimming it does rub.

one thing to note once the day star spacers are in, at full droop your UCA contacts the shock body. In or2 I can just about slip a piece of paper between the UCA and shock body. So I would use the raised ride modes very carefully and try not to suddenly unload the suspension to avoid damaging the air suspension. I got the molar UCA’s thinking I needed more angle in the UCA ball joint but it really doesn’t matter because it contacts the shock before the ball joint binds.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread