5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I wonder what its like when a truck is completed and they are doing the test and inspection. Think they hop in a fire it up and just test everything? I wonder if they have a proving ground that they put them all through their paces. I know Kawasaki does from watching modern marvels. You think the break the engines in at all or just fire it up and take off.
when I toured the old truck plant in st louis they just started them up and drove them to the waiting lot for a train. if they did not start they had to push them to a location in the plant to work on them. there were 5 off to the side that day.

wtez

Reaction score
I ordered on December 3rd. I will certainly update this thread or send you a PM once my truck is finished and let you know how long it takes to get to the dealer.

I ordered a limited longhorn w/ a hemi in Ivory with the Level 1 package, dual pano sunroof, body color bumper group, 33 gallon tank, air suspension, 3.92 rear, trailer tow group - so pretty well loaded up. Craig has been great at providing updates when I reach out to him - very quick with his responses. Best of luck w/ your build!

Thanks! Good to hear that you have had a relatively quick experience getting onto the production line, even with lots of options. I ordered a mostly loaded Limited Night Edition, no sunroof but with Ram Boxes. Those Ram Boxes are my concern based on anecdotal evidence from the forum here...

testcrewman

Reaction score
Be patient. The microchip shortage isn't ending any time soon and I see no reason why a 2023 order couldn't take as long as a 2022. I mean, I've been waiting a long time too. Waiting for a 2023 is just adding to the wait and increasing costs big time over what I'm price protected at, at least.
I'm not sure what chips run what and what they are short on, but the Advanced Safety Group just got added back to the Laramie. So they must be getting certain chips that allow them to add these features back to the orders. That was one of the reasons I canceled my original order and ordered a new one this week.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I'm not sure what chips run what and what they are short on, but the Advanced Safety Group just got added back to the Laramie. So they must be getting certain chips that allow them to add these features back to the orders. That was one of the reasons I canceled my original order and ordered a new one this week.
almost any electronic device needs a chip of one sort or another

nloftman92

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with their truck in the shipping stage where it nearly makes it to you and then sits in a parking lot one state away for weeks with no movement. On day 17 now with my truck sitting in New Jersey waiting on something before getting to new york.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
More info on today's 1,176 build sheets (1/20/22):
9 - Southfork
0 - Back Country
7 - 10th Anniversary Limited (none in Blue Shade)
15 - Rebel G/T
57 - Laramie G/T <--wow

Pjsant26

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with their truck in the shipping stage where it nearly makes it to you and then sits in a parking lot one state away for weeks with no movement. On day 17 now with my truck sitting in New Jersey waiting on something before getting to new york.
Mines a little different. I’m in Pennsylvania and the truck was taken off the train and sitting in a lot 60 miles from my dealer also in Pennsylvania. We are on day 11 now. Ridiculous.

Southside

Reaction score
Prem lighting Group on the Big Horn too.

Maccam

Reaction score
After waiting 5 months, my Rebel finally arrived yesterday! I didn't really talk much here but I'm always on and reading the wealth of knowledge everyone provides on here. Thank you all. And a HUGE thank you to Eighty and triple_b. You guys are amazing.
sharp truck

myownstatus

Reaction score
Just took delivery, three days shy of two months.

9a59fea8e63785a4ae9ac3c8a2ca866b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maccam

Reaction score
Howdy all! After perusing this thread, I see there have been a lot of ***-aches with orders.

I currently have a 2019 Laramie and the lease is up in September of this year. I REALLY want a TRX, but am not sure if I order it now (or soon) will it arrive in time for my lease end?
talk to your dealer,

n8zcc

Reaction score
That's a good point. At some point, one would think Ram will introduce massaging seats and semi-autonomous driving, two options that are available from the other big manufacturers that Ram seems insistent on refusing to offer.
Interesting you brought that up. A couple of days ago I got an email from a Stellantis talent acquisition agent. I'm a retired automotive engineer that specializes in automotive firmware and hardware. Here is what she wrote. I'm staying retired, retirement is full-time, I don't have time for a job. :)

They are late to the scene but it looks like want in to automated driving.

On 1/18/2022 11:28 AM, Monica Sison wrote:
Hi Bob,
In an effort to get to know you better, I'm reaching out to you about a position that might be a good fit for your experience.
We at Stellantis are looking for Software Engineers to join our Automated Driving Software team. Stellantis is a multinational automotive manufacturing corporation. We pride ourselves in being a leader in the provision of mobility solutions.
We have an urgent need for your expertise in modern safety critical ECUs and embedded software development. This role is best suited for those with an interest in state-of-the-art automated driving compute platforms and emerging computational technologies.
Stellantis offers competitive pay because we understand the value of solid software engineers with AUTOSAR experience.
If this sounds like you, please respond with a good phone number, and a member of our team will contact you with further information and next steps.
Have a great rest of the day, and I hope to hear back from you,
Best regards,
Monica Sison

milrad

Reaction score
“It was probably a list of items that WERE short in supply but today that is not the issue. The plant has to catch up in scheduling of SOLD orders. They have finished scheduling sold orders that were placed in June/July and are now working through August.
This is pure BS from the dealer/rep. My June order still sits in D. I've checked 3 times to see if there are any sorts of holds on it, nagged Ram Chat a dozen or more times, and it just sits there. Going nowhere.

Last edited:

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is pure BS. My June order still sits in D. I've checked 3 times to see if there are any sorts of holds on it, nagged Ram Chat a dozen or more times, and it just sits there. Going nowhere.
Damn! I'd be standing on someones desk! I placed my first order 6/18, built wrong reordered second time and picking it up next week. So I've had two trucks built and you are still in D! Not trying to be a smartarse or rub it in but just illustrating the insane non-logic being used!!! Who the hell is in charge of scheduling/manufacturing....three stooges could have done better!!

Users who are viewing this thread