5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect 5 is much better but…

Rebel2022

Reaction score
Updates have helped some things for sure but just in case anyone from FCA looks at this stuff here is what I find doesn’t work:
-Send & Go
-Weather
-Engine coolant temp on offroad pages always says 0
-Heated wheels and seats still disappear from status bar regularly
-Eco coach- not sure what this is supposed to do exactly but trying to set it up ends up in an error every time.

A lot of these things are related to connected services, I think my truck only came with 3 months trial which is now over 2/3 used, sure would have been nice to demo the full working system instead the unstable obviously rushed system that really hasn’t done a great job to make me want to pay to continue with it. Feel free to add to this list if you like.

NCBACKCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Updates have helped some things for sure but just in case anyone from FCA looks at this stuff here is what I find doesn’t work:
-Send & Go
-Weather
-Engine coolant temp on offroad pages always says 0
-Heated wheels and seats still disappear from status bar regularly
-Eco coach- not sure what this is supposed to do exactly but trying to set it up ends up in an error every time.

A lot of these things are related to connected services, I think my truck only came with 3 months trial which is now over 2/3 used, sure would have been nice to demo the full working system instead the unstable obviously rushed system that really hasn’t done a great job to make me want to pay to continue with it. Feel free to add to this list if you like.
I noticed last night that my coolant temp on off road pages didn't work either (back country edition). What update number is your vehicle on? I'm still on "C", waiting on "D" to install OTA. I've got an appointment with the dealer tomorrow morning to hopefully do a manual update and fix all the missing stuff. REALLY annoying they rolled this out with all the problems people are having.

Rebel2022

Reaction score
so the latest update, that S21D5 did not do a lot of improvement?
Seemed to improve the overall stability. I’ve had only 2 full crashes since the update which was came on the 23rd. Oh and the crashes sis not have the annoying buzzing sounds like previous, just locked the screen up for about a minute then went all black and restarted.

Rebel2022

Reaction score
I noticed last night that my coolant temp on off road pages didn't work either (back country edition). What update number is your vehicle on? I'm still on "C", waiting on "D" to install OTA. I've got an appointment with the dealer tomorrow morning to hopefully do a manual update and fix all the missing stuff. REALLY annoying they rolled this out with all the problems people are having.
I’m on version D, truck updated itself on Dec 23

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
Anyone else notice that volume settings(except for radio) aren’t saved from previous settings? I’ve set my navigation volume under both vehicle audio settings and profile audio settings. When I restart the vehicle the settings are back to default.

Looks like another issue to be sent to the engineers @RamCares

Last edited:

Mpgrimm2

Reaction score
Anyone else notice that volume settings(except for radio) aren’t saved from previous settings? I’ve set my navigation volume under both vehicle audio settings and profile audio settings. When I restart the vehicle the settings are back to default.

Looks like another issue to be sent to the engineers @RamCares
Same here.
Whomever is coding that function on the radios must be the same person for last few years ... It's been screwed up since the 2018 4c Panasonic 8.4 radios v21. x. x & stuck at level 15

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
So according to the site my U5 is eligible for an update but it still hasnt Updated…. When I enter my VIN it says I’m up to date 🙄.

had the same crap happen on the U4 radio…. Is it possible that the updates are regional like they were on the U4 ? Anyone on the west coast ( Northern Cali) get the update yet on their U5 ?

Rebel2022

Reaction score
So according to the site my U5 is eligible for an update but it still hasnt Updated…. When I enter my VIN it says I’m up to date 🙄.

had the same crap happen on the U4 radio…. Is it possible that the updates are regional like they were on the U4 ? Anyone on the west coast ( Northern Cali) get the update yet on their U5 ?
Don’t pay attention to that site. Mine said the same thing and it has updated anyway, twice.

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
But do you notice or see any improvements with this updates? Is there already a new one from this year?

Last edited:

Rebel2022

Reaction score
Meh, most of the same issues still exist, crashes, slow response at times, climate controls missing from top status bar to name a few. It’s a bit better and I have gone up to a week without it crashing but when it does it generally goes ape*hit and crashes multiple times in a row often making a horrible buzzing sound. They have a ways to go to make it acceptably stable. On the plus side phone connection/wireless carplay works awesome, at least for me.

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
Meh, most of the same issues still exist, crashes, slow response at times, climate controls missing from top status bar to name a few. It’s a bit better and I have gone up to a week without it crashing but when it does it generally goes ape*hit and crashes multiple times in a row often making a horrible buzzing sound. They have a ways to go to make it acceptably stable. On the plus side phone connection/wireless carplay works awesome, at least for me.
What version are you on?

jsmith032

Reaction score
I’ll admit, I read a couple pages but not ALL. With that being said, is there a way to update my 2021 1500 12” to uConnect 5?

Rebel2022

Reaction score
I’ll admit, I read a couple pages but not ALL. With that being said, is there a way to update my 2021 1500 12” to uConnect 5?
Nope, hardware is all new for 2022. You could probably change the hardware though of you are willing to part with enough green.

GlennR

Reaction score
Good afternoon. Thanks for starting this thread. I picked up my 2022 rebel a couple weeks ago, I have having an issue with the 12" display goes black with a reddish color, randomly. It is very similar to when you have a warning trigger but in this case its completely random. When it comes back a couple seconds later, it often goes back to the home screen like it did a soft reset. Music or whatever is streaming, persists while it does this. Have not taken it in as it is so new and uconnect 5 is so new too. Any thoughts?
I'm new to the forum and this is actually my first reply/post. I found the forum and joined after purchasing a 2022 RAM 1500 with the 12" display. I've had the truck for only a week and I'm having similar glitchy problems with the 12" display, which include the screen going black at times. When it does this, the radio still plays, however, the volume doesn't work and it seems to freeze other controls as well. When I turn the ignition off and let it set for a while, it seems to reset and work fine when I re-start. Frustrating issues with a new truck. Never had problems with my cars/trucks (past and present) with the 8.4 display and UConnect 4. Guess I'll be making a trip to the dealer.

LV426

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum and this is actually my first reply/post. I found the forum and joined after purchasing a 2022 RAM 1500 with the 12" display. I've had the truck for only a week and I'm having similar glitchy problems with the 12" display, which include the screen going black at times. When it does this, the radio still plays, however, the volume doesn't work and it seems to freeze other controls as well. When I turn the ignition off and let it set for a while, it seems to reset and work fine when I re-start. Frustrating issues with a new truck. Never had problems with my cars/trucks (past and present) with the 8.4 display and UConnect 4. Guess I'll be making a trip to the dealer.
When you go to the dealer, they will most likely act like they have never heard of such behavior from the radio and will appear shocked.... This is SOP for the dealer and don't believe a word of it...

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
No use going to the dealer. All these issues are slowly being corrected with OTA updates. There’s nothing the dealer can do for you except waste your time. If you haven’t read this thread from the start I’d suggest doing so as some issues have been corrected and you’ll gain some knowledge of other issues you might run into.

GlennR

Reaction score
No use going to the dealer. All these issues are slowly being corrected with OTA updates. There’s nothing the dealer can do for you except waste your time. If you haven’t read this thread from the start I’d suggest doing so as some issues have been corrected and you’ll gain some knowledge of other issues you might run into.
Thanks for the reply/info. Since my truck is brand new, I would think it has the latest update, but not sure how that works? I did set up my system to get OTA updates off my wifi .. but how do I check to see if I have the latest update? I guess I'll be patient and hope it's the software .. not a hardware issue.

Users who are viewing this thread