5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect 5 FOTA S23.13 - Released 02/02/22

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How/when do you get an update alert? I've gone to the software update screen many times, made sure it was connected to wifi, and nothing happens. Can you describe the sequence of events that lets you know when to perform this?
It really annoys me that I don't think I can recreate it. After the two failed attempts, I just started not worrying about it. I did a reset by holding the power button for a while then it sat overnight. The next morning drove it for about 35mins to the detailer and as I was parking, the update alert popped up. I clicked update, shut off the truck, and walked away.

jgmac98

Reaction score
My system is updated to the "D" version, but now all the gauges in the performance screen freeze and don't reflect actual values. Only way to get them working again is to force restart (power and tuner button down for 15 seconds). Then they start working for a random length of time and freeze again... seems like every other day I'm having to restart the head unit.

I hope this gets fixed soon as it could be very dangerous driving around with something that is not reliably reporting things like Coolant and transmission temperatures or oil pressure...

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
My system is updated to the "D" version, but now all the gauges in the performance screen freeze and don't reflect actual values. Only way to get them working again is to force restart (power and tuner button down for 15 seconds). Then they start working for a random length of time and freeze again... seems like every other day I'm having to restart the head unit.

I hope this gets fixed soon as it could be very dangerous driving around with something that is not reliably reporting things like Coolant and transmission temperatures or oil pressure...
All you have to hold down is the power button to reboot the system.

Delmonico87

Reaction score
Mine is still on the 21B.5 version that the truck shipped with.
This is the same version mine shipped with as well and no updates for me no matter what I try. Called Uconnect support last week and they told me I needed to have the dealer install version C manually for it to start getting over the air updates. I informed them that version D is out already since 12/22/21 and they still show on their end version C is what I should be on when updated. Apparently no one in the company communicates with each other.

undertow119

Reaction score
Most people (my wife, for example) drive around while ignoring things like coolant temperature and oil pressure, so I wouldn't worry about that too much... :)

Rebel2022

Reaction score
Well my fully updated and recently replaced altogether radio has been acting worse than ever the last few days. Since the weekend It’s been crashing at least once per trip and in spectacular fashion complete with the old super annoying buzzing sound that was supposedly fixed in version D. The buzzing on one crash today was so loud it set off the noise warning on my Apple watch, max showed 99db and lasted for almost a minute. Horrible, horrible piercing sound. Also I never really had many phone connection issues since day one but I seem to now, phone is constantly disconnecting or not connecting at all. Have deleted and re paired it multiple times but doean’t help. On the bright side my offroad pages coolant temp gauge has been working for several days now.

Losing patience quickly with this thing, come on Ram get your sh*t together!

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It might be worthwhile for people to chill out on taking a non-diplomatic approach when tagging RamCares. They’re here to help but are under no obligation to be here. They could simply stop posting on this site.

rcstevens18

Reaction score
Is there any way to update via USB? I'm not able to park my truck in a place with access to reliable WiFi at home nor work... so OTA updates while I'm away don't really work.

Delmonico87

Reaction score
I’ll add a little more information from my personal experience so far. I took my truck into the dealer last week for them to do the update to version “C”because I’m not receiving over the air updates. Uconnect told me that’s what I needed to do to start receiving over the air updates and I guess eventually I would get the “D” or whatever other update at the time is out. I was called and told the update went through and it was ready to pick up. I got there right after closing time and the first thing I checked was the radio software. It was still on “B” that it came with from factory. Fast forward to this week I call and tell them it didn’t update so I dropped it back off last night and just got a call at lunch saying that there is no update available for my truck and they even checked with the service guy above the dealership and with Uconnect and its saying that it’s up to date. I don’t know what is going on with this company but they need to get their ducks in a row and get a lot of us taken care of for something thats so minor like a radio update.

Mpgrimm2

Reaction score
My 22 UAX 12" radio updated last night from previous versions above to...

FCA-MY22.S23.13-Prod

Any one have any info on it or a TSB for it?

(Hopefully the heated seat hot keys in the upper corners don't disappear regularly anymore and the the extra apps, weather, b etc work now)

@RamCares
7702bb5c14f5efd4ea3efb894815d496.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
so we went from S21-5d to S23 13... looks like a big update or where did S22 go

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
so we went from S21-5d to S23 13... looks like a big update or where did S22 go
It went in the circular filing cabinet.

I’m on 13 also now. The only annoying thing about the update was that I got error code SXM_SDARS-INCORRECT_CONFIGURATION after updating, but it says I’m on 13 anyway.

Rebel2022

Reaction score
Fingers crossed this update actually helps. I have discovered that wireless Carplay is causing most of my issues. It won’t connect or stay connected consistently and constantly freezes the radio up. If I turn it off my phone will connect with bluetooth no problem and there is rarely any crashes or glitches. Heated Seats and wheel kets still disappear though. Doing some reading wireless carplay uses both bluetooth and wifi to function and given how glitchy wireless hotspot is as well as connected services in general I believe the problems are related.

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
Fingers crossed this update actually helps. I have discovered that wireless Carplay is causing most of my issues. It won’t connect or stay connected consistently and constantly freezes the radio up. If I turn it off my phone will connect with bluetooth no problem and there is rarely any crashes or glitches. Heated Seats and wheel kets still disappear though. Doing some reading wireless carplay uses both bluetooth and wifi to function and given how glitchy wireless hotspot is as well as connected services in general I believe the problems are related.
Can someone test this with Android Auto too...so we can rule out some things already.

Users who are viewing this thread