5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trying to pick Toyo ATIII size for 2021 Limited

bwyman74

Reaction score
295/50R22 and 285/55R22 and 305/45R22 are options as well

I dont know if I would want 12.5" wide on stock.

Here are my Toyo 285/55R22 on stock 22"s and suspension.
View attachment 115463 View attachment 115465

This is my favorite size on the 22"s. Looks great and more cushion for mild off-roading. I wonder if they would rub in entry/exit and maybe Aero on a Limited though?

Last edited:

Rmazzei

Reaction score
W

What did you end up going with? would love to see the end result as I am trying to decide between 305/45 or 33x12.5 . . . whichever allows a more comfortable ride. I dougho like the look of the wider 12.5s though. I am debating adding a 1 inch spacer to just barely gain a more aggressive look.
went with Toyo AT3 305/45/22 Fits great small trimming of wheel well with scissors to prevent rubbing at full turn. Awesome tire both wet and dry. only complaint is after 10K miles I feel like they are wearing a little fast may not get the 50K they state.

Attachments

• Ram Toyo 305.45.22 c.jpg
    Ram Toyo 305.45.22 c.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 217
  • Ram Toyo 305.45.22 a.jpg
    Ram Toyo 305.45.22 a.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 218
  • Ram Toyo 305.45.22 b.jpg
    Ram Toyo 305.45.22 b.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 219

terrywarfield

Reaction score
went with Toyo AT3 305/45/22 Fits great small trimming of wheel well with scissors to prevent rubbing at full turn. Awesome tire both wet and dry. only complaint is after 10K miles I feel like they are wearing a little fast may not get the 50K they state.

just ordered my set today in the same size. If you don’t mind answering, how much of a MPG hit did you experience, is your truck lifted (if not was this taken at stock height”?, and which side did you choose? From what I understand there is an aggressive sidewall and on the opposite side, not so aggressive. Thanks for your time!

Rmazzei

Reaction score
just ordered my set today in the same size. If you don’t mind answering, how much of a MPG hit did you experience, is your truck lifted (if not was this taken at stock height”?, and which side did you choose? From what I understand there is an aggressive sidewall and on the opposite side, not so aggressive. Thanks for your time!
i get 14mpg

terrywarfield

Reaction score
I don't have limited, but a Big Horn with Night edition wheels off of a Laramie. I decided to go with Toyo At3 305/45r22. Stock ram, have not gotten it lifted or leveled. I actually don't feel the need to go with spacers anymore to make the tires stick out. I am happy with the way the extra width looks. I stuck with 45 height honestly out of cost.

To my surprise, no rubbing so far, and I have to go to lock in some of my parking scenarios. Ill probably do a 2" level in next few weeks.

Anyways. Picked them up at discount tire. Took them 3-4 days to get them in store, they had me installed in about 45 min. Hope these pics are helpful to someone

Attachments

• DSC08178.jpg
    DSC08178.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 188
  • DSC08173.jpg
    DSC08173.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 188
  • DSC08175.jpg
    DSC08175.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 169
  • DSC08172.jpg
    DSC08172.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 168
  • DSC08171.jpg
    DSC08171.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 168
  • DSC08169.jpg
    DSC08169.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 189

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't have limited, but a Big Horn with Night edition wheels off of a Laramie. I decided to go with Toyo At3 305/45r22. Stock ram, have not gotten it lifted or leveled. I actually don't feel the need to go with spacers anymore to make the tires stick out. I am happy with the way the extra width looks. I stuck with 45 height honestly out of cost.

To my surprise, no rubbing so far, and I have to go to lock in some of my parking scenarios. Ill probably do a 2" level in next few weeks.

Anyways. Picked them up at discount tire. Took them 3-4 days to get them in store, they had me installed in about 45 min. Hope these pics are helpful to someone
I hate you LOL man that red is so freaking clean! I was looking for a red one when I bought mine and didn't find one. :( Now I regret not waiting haha

terrywarfield

Reaction score
I hate you LOL man that red is so freaking clean! I was looking for a red one when I bought mine and didn't find one. :( Now I regret not waiting haha

I cant lie, I really wanted a silver or white Ram. But when I saw the flame red I said well that's a color I don't see often on rams...Ive grown to love the red on black!

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I cant lie, I really wanted a silver or white Ram. But when I saw the flame red I said well that's a color I don't see often on rams...Ive grown to love the red on black!
I've always been a fan of the black-on-black look (my last three vehicles) but every time I see one of these (red w/night) or a pat blue (w/night) I think, this might be my last black-on-black haha.

terrywarfield

Reaction score
I've always been a fan of the black-on-black look (my last three vehicles) but every time I see one of these (red w/night) or a pat blue (w/night) I think, this might be my last black-on-black haha.

I love black on black but that's literally the color I see THE MOST with Rams haha. Glad I picked a different color scheme

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I love black on black but that's literally the color I see THE MOST with Rams haha. Glad I picked a different color scheme
I see two other black-on-black Rams in and around where I drive most often (one's a Rebel, one's a Laramie) but all the other Ram's I see are either two-tone, white, or chromed out (in various colors). But I think I will definitely go with a different color scheme for my next one!

JP_Night18

Reaction score
295/50R22 and 285/55R22 and 305/45R22 are options as well

I dont know if I would want 12.5" wide on stock.

Here are my Toyo 285/55R22 on stock 22"s and suspension.
View attachment 115463 View attachment 115465
I've been wanting to create a thread for something exactly like this. My stock tires need to go and I was thinking of toyo lll at 285/60/20. Your truck seems like the best visual i can get for my own truck and size. 4th gen ram here. how does it ride? I've read the lll's are a lot quieter than the ll's . I cant go bigger 295 or higher, i want to TRY and maintain my current mpg. thoughts ?

Saddlerocker

Reaction score
I've been wanting to create a thread for something exactly like this. My stock tires need to go and I was thinking of toyo lll at 285/60/20. Your truck seems like the best visual i can get for my own truck and size. 4th gen ram here. how does it ride? I've read the lll's are a lot quieter than the ll's . I cant go bigger 295 or higher, i want to TRY and maintain my current mpg. thoughts ?
The noise is very hard to judge without driving different tires back to back.
Their noisier than the stock tires, but not bad at all imo. Most AT tires get louder as they wear, so that is yet to be determined.
The biggest thing with ride and MPG is the LT and E rating.
Are the size your looking at LT E rated? Those will be the heaviest and effect mpg more.
And also a stiffer ride.

JP_Night18

Reaction score
The noise is very hard to judge without driving different tires back to back.
Their noisier than the stock tires, but not bad at all imo. Most AT tires get louder as they wear, so that is yet to be determined.
The biggest thing with ride and MPG is the LT and E rating.
Are the size your looking at LT E rated? Those will be the heaviest and effect mpg more.
And also a stiffer ride.
thanks for the info ! The one's im looking at are LT E1 rated. I'll have to get the level lower then correct? Like I said, this is my daily truck and I use it to travel out of state to visit family. Staying close to my original mpg is a big plus.

Saddlerocker

Reaction score
thanks for the info ! The one's im looking at are LT E1 rated. I'll have to get the level lower then correct? Like I said, this is my daily truck and I use it to travel out of state to visit family. Staying close to my original mpg is a big plus.
If mileage is most important it would be a good idea probably. Look for XL rated
I think the ride and noise is good on my Toyo AT3. LT E rated.
But im guessing I lost 2mpg. I havnt calibrated the truck to the new tire size.

JP_Night18

Reaction score
If mileage is most important it would be a good idea probably. Look for XL rated
I think the ride and noise is good on my Toyo AT3. LT E rated.
But im guessing I lost 2mpg. I havnt calibrated the truck to the new tire size.
I'm looking it up. thanks a lot for the info. I found the XL but in standard 275/60/20. I wanted a bit more of an aggressive look, but I think these will be just fine. I appreciate the help! I didnt want to order this last week and regret it after.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I ended up going with 305/45 AT3s on Vossen 22x9.5 wheels
I’m sure everybody’s probably sick of seeing these posts, but I’m pretty torn on whether to get a set of 305/45/22 in non e-rated or keep my e-rated 285/50/22’s. The 285’s are heavy AF, and I’m not sure if the benefits of the lighter 305’s will be offset by the large contact patch of the 305.

Domt1775

Reaction score

did you ever go with that 2 inch level? Would love to see some before and after pics w this tire setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m sure everybody’s probably sick of seeing these posts, but I’m pretty torn on whether to get a set of 305/45/22 in non e-rated or keep my e-rated 285/50/22’s. The 285’s are heavy AF, and I’m not sure if the benefits of the lighter 305’s will be offset by the large contact patch of the 305.
I'm in the opposite boat, I'm trying to decide if 285/55r22 E-rated tires are gonna mess with my ride too much and I should just go with 305/45's.

Domt1775

Reaction score
I'm in the opposite boat, I'm trying to decide if 285/55r22 E-rated tires are gonna mess with my ride too much and I should just go with 305/45's.

Dude same exact dilemma here.. planning on putting a level on it but not sure which of the two tire sizes I want to go with. It’s my daily driver so I don’t wanna sacrifice too much MPGs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread