5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Diesel Fuel and Anti-Gel

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd plug my truck in every night just to warm the oil if I wasn't positive that you'd see me driving down the road towing my house behind me connected with the extension Coard.
That brought a smile to my face as I've been guilty of doing the same thing! I'm surprised in fifteen seasons of The Red Green Show that Red Green never tackled the age-old issue of block heater extension cords dragging behind vehicles as they're going down the road. I have no doubt he would have solved it with his journeyman level zen-like relationship with duct tape and the result would have been hilarious. :)

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That brought a smile to my face as I've been guilty of doing the same thing! I'm surprised in fifteen seasons of The Red Green Show that Red Green never tackled the age-old issue of block heater extension cords dragging behind vehicles as they're going down the road. I have no doubt he would have solved it with his journeyman level zen-like relationship with duct tape and the result would have been hilarious. :)
I’ve done that also in the first couple weeks of plugging in. I am probably going to buy some version of this magnetic block heater extension cord.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd plug my truck in every night just to warm the oil if I wasn't positive that you'd see me driving down the road towing my house behind me connected with the extension Coard.
In the mid-80s, my dad had a diesel. One evening, I borrowed it. Little did I know he'd plugged it in...and the extension cord was threaded through some 6' tall metal storage shelves filled with, well, dad crap.

My homecoming later that night was a bit warmer than I'd hoped for.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread