5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My latest POC lists a $1000 increase plus they deleted a $600 option. The owner of my dealership said he talked to his Rep about price protecting me, but there's no guarantee it will happen. I understand the market is what it is, but this whole experience has left me very disappointed. The joy of ordering a new truck the way I wanted is gone, so I'm pursuing a GT that's currently on his lot. Going for something different than what I ordered.
You should contact Mark Dodge and get the truck you want at a good price.

Fester0098

Reaction score
My wife’s company is on the list, will they app,y the rewards to a 1500 special order? I though it was for only dealer stock? But it will be worth the try. Thank you
I was able to use FCA Affiliates when I ordered my truck on 8/19/21. Unless there are current restrictions I don’t see why you wouldn’t be able to use your wife’s benefit on your truck order. The 1% below invoice saved me around $7k off MSRP at the time I signed the order agreement last August. It is definitely worth trying.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My latest POC lists a $1000 increase plus they deleted a $600 option. The owner of my dealership said he talked to his Rep about price protecting me, but there's no guarantee it will happen. I understand the market is what it is, but this whole experience has left me very disappointed. The joy of ordering a new truck the way I wanted is gone, so I'm pursuing a GT that's currently on his lot. Going for something different than what I ordered.
Just baffling that ram options and pricing continues to fluctuate the way it is. I just don't understand.

When product started in September, I completely understand the changes but it'd January now...everything should be available and clear cut on pricing and options.

2022 Ram Big Horn Back Country
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Too far away and this GT is pretty cool. I think I'll like it.
If you live in the US, they aren't too far away. I'd bet even if you had it shipped from MD, they'd beat your dealer's price. And you'd get to work with a dealer that won't BS you.

Bavet

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just baffling that ram options and pricing continues to fluctuate the way it is. I just don't understand.

When product started in September, I completely understand the changes but it'd January now...everything should be available and clear cut on pricing and options.

2022 Ram Big Horn Back Country
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Bottom line is that if the options were available when I ordered, then build it that way. I ordered on August 9. Quit putting my options on trucks ordered in Nov and Dec then turn around and tell me a certain option isn't available in Jan. The whole thing stinks.

Bavet

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you live in the US, they aren't too far away. I'd bet even if you had it shipped from MD, they'd beat your dealer's price. And you'd get to work with a dealer that won't BS you.
I've heard good things about MD. I'm not mad at my dealer, but I don't think they have the influence with Ram the way MD does. I don't think they are screwing me. They've battled for me. The problem lies with Ram production and their asinine politics. My dealer treats me right with service so I want to maintain good relationship. I always try to support local business.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've heard good things about MD. I'm not mad at my dealer, but I don't think they have the influence with Ram the way MD does. I don't think they are screwing me. They've battled for me. The problem lies with Ram production and their asinine politics. My dealer treats me right with service so I want to maintain good relationship. I always try to support local business.
Based on what you've said about them trying to explain away why your truck isn't built, they sound like just about every other dealer trying to sell a truck. And that's giving them the benefit of the doubt.

It's your money, spend it how you want, but my local dealer lost my business for the same salesmanship BS.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Fully agree about supporting local businesses! But I would have been crazy to walk away from the savings MD offered. I'm not sure MD has any more influence with RAM other than they order a $hit load of trucks. I think their sales/finance teams are simply more knowledgeable and VERY interested in their reputation. At least in my experience they have been prompt, forthcoming with status good or bad and very professional. They understand how to make a customer for life where most are just interested meeting their monthly quota! Did I mention they highly value their reputation!

Cutthroats8

Reaction score
Went D1 yesterday. POC has estimated ship date of 2/2. That's for a Limited with VIN starting with 252 ordered on 12/11. Hopefully they start building it on the 2nd.
That’s awesome. I got the same exact news yesterday. Vin 265…

cjerman617

Reaction score
I have 195 build sheets with VINs issued in December and January that suggest otherwise...

I don’t know, just passing along information I was given by my dealership. I ordered a V6 eTorque so it doesn’t matter to me one way or another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t know, just passing along information I was given by my dealership. I ordered a V6 eTorque so it doesn’t matter to me one way or another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not poking at you, just disspelling the myths that dealers put out there. Seems like every day I hear a new one that serves as an excuse for why people aren't getting their trucks.

Rustybolt

Reaction score
Not poking at you, just disspelling the myths that dealers put out there. Seems like every day I hear a new one that serves as an excuse for why people aren't getting their trucks.
Question, I ordered a Limited Longhorn Southfork , loaded on 11-10 I am currently in D. I see some of these builds taking 4-5 months or longer. Anything you see that would slow down my build or is it just another crap shoot?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Question, I ordered a Limited Longhorn Southfork , loaded on 11-10 I am currently in D. I see some of these builds taking 4-5 months or longer. Anything you see that would slow down my build or is it just another crap shoot?
It's hard to say. Only 212 Southforks have been produced, but what we don't know is how many have been ordered. You can't tell by the VIN if it's a Southfork.
Yours is in the 217 group. They've built 6 Southforks with VINs higher than yours (227 to 252 groups).
So I guess my answer is, "it's a crap shoot". Just like all the other packages.

Rustybolt

Reaction score
It's hard to say. Only 212 Southforks have been produced, but what we don't know is how many have been ordered. You can't tell by the VIN if it's a Southfork.
Yours is in the 217 group. They've built 6 Southforks with VINs higher than yours (227 to 252 groups).
So I guess my answer is, "it's a crap shoot". Just like all the other packages.
I guess I agree with that as everything else seems to be a crap shoot too.
My 2019 Limited is fine till it comes in I'll just extend my lease month to month. I'm in Maine so at least I won't be driving it in snow and salt this year. This will be my 6th Dodge/Ram. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread