5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

FRMSDTR

Reaction score
Well, I'm guessing that you're in KZP (arrived ship - thru body vendor). I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think it means that it has arrived to the shipping area, via the body vendor. That would make sense, in that the "last location" was the body vendor, but it has a window sticker and is ready to be shipped.
Just a guess.
The dealer just texted me and said it moved from Body Vendor at 9:40......lol. Maybe not coincidence but it moves everytime I raise hell. 🤣🤣

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
10-4. I'll add your new VIN to the tracker.

I just checked the data, and here's what I find:
  • There are now 554 Bighorns with BSM (it went up by 2 since I provided that info)
  • Take out Back Countries, and there are still 537 of them with BSM
  • Take out Night Edition, and there are still 307 of them with BSM
They're still building Bighorns with BSM (no Back Country, no Night Edition). 43 of them so far in January - with VINs ranging from the 112 group to the 262 group. For example:
1/12/22 - https://www.ramtrucks.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=1C6SRFFT8NN262420

And here's one with a VIN right beside your original VIN. Built on 1/12/22.
giphy.gif

Bavet

Reaction score
10-4. I'll add your new VIN to the tracker.

I just checked the data, and here's what I find:
  • There are now 554 Bighorns with BSM (it went up by 2 since I provided that info)
  • Take out Back Countries, and there are still 537 of them with BSM
  • Take out Night Edition, and there are still 307 of them with BSM
They're still building Bighorns with BSM (no Back Country, no Night Edition). 43 of them so far in January - with VINs ranging from the 112 group to the 262 group. For example:
1/12/22 - https://www.ramtrucks.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=1C6SRFFT8NN262420

And here's one with a VIN right beside your original VIN. Built on 1/12/22.
Thanks Eighty! Perhaps it's a region thing? I don't know. He tried to order right in front of me and showed me what was restricted. A pop up box appeared with explanations. I'm throwing my arms up at this point. There's gotta be another piece to the puzzle somewhere. I've been searching for other trucks I may be interested in. Maybe I find one before this truck arrives and they can sell it to someone else. At least I know I have a decently equipped truck coming (with power folding mirrors BTW) if I want it. All of your help is greatly appreciated.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks Eighty! Perhaps it's a region thing? I don't know. He tried to order right in front of me and showed me what was restricted. A pop up box appeared with explanations. I'm throwing my arms up at this point. There's gotta be another piece to the puzzle somewhere. I've been searching for other trucks I may be interested in. Maybe I find one before this truck arrives and they can sell it to someone else. At least I know I have a decently equipped truck coming (with power folding mirrors BTW) if I want it. All of your help is greatly appreciated.
I've run across this several times now. Something will be restricted for Person A, while Person B can order it elsewhere at the same time. I have a sneaking theory that there might be some favoritism with dealers - like if Ram can only allow 100 orders of a certain type, they'll disable it from Tier 1 dealers and leave it enabled for Tier 2 dealers.

EDIT: But in no way does it excuse deleting it from orders that have already been placed.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There's gotta be another piece to the puzzle somewhere.
Money.

You paid less for your original order. Now that you've moved on from it, they can sell it to someone else for more, at the same time that they charge you more money for a truck with less on it. RAM and the dealer got what they wanted from this, in my opinion.

Bavet

Reaction score
I've run across this several times now. Something will be restricted for Person A, while Person B can order it elsewhere at the same time. I have a sneaking theory that there might be some favoritism with dealers - like if Ram can only allow 100 orders of a certain type, they'll disable it from Tier 1 dealers and leave it enabled for Tier 2 dealers.

EDIT: But in no way does it excuse deleting it from orders that have already been placed.
That's a good theory. My dealership has been around for decades but it was recently sold and I was told they had to start over as a new dealership with Stellantis. All the awards and recognition were thrown out the window. No soup for you!!! Haha!

Bavet

Reaction score
Money.

You paid less for your original order. Now that you've moved on from it, they can sell it to someone else for more, at the same time that they charge you more money for a truck with less on it. RAM and the dealer got what they wanted from this, in my opinion.
I think they are still going to honor my original price. They told me to ignore the new price. We shall see. Nothing surprises me anymore.

n8zcc

Reaction score
Out of the 369 member build sheets in this forum, all but 14 of them show Special Condition VII. I suspect yours will have it too, once it gets built.
My build sheet has this line also and I got curious. Searching the Internet (great to be retired and have time) yielded many results but it looks like all retail sold orders will have this "Special Scheduling Condition VII" on the BS. I also stumbled across this explanation from a July 2018 post;

"Hello All, I know this is a old post but thought I would add my two cents. The special scheduling is a priority status to move the vehicle through the build process more quickly and move it to the front of the line more quickly. It is done by FCA when there is a problem with a build and it either has to be rebuilt or gets stuck in one of the build stages for an extended period of time. I ordered in March and my original build was damaged in the build process. A new build was started under this special status and it went from order to built in less than 10 days and shipped in under two weeks. Hope you are all enjoying your new Jeeps since this post is so old. Regards."

The source is post #12 at www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/special-scheduling-condition-vii.5486/

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think they are still going to honor my original price. They told me to ignore the new price. We shall see. Nothing surprises me anymore.
The right thing to do would be to give you a discount from the original price to make up for the options you're losing and the time you've had to wait for them to figure out what they're doing.

Reguguy

Reaction score
8 more forum members with trucks starting production! Congratulations to @halla, @Reguguy, @clintoris, @Thomasg10, @UKBeandip, @jamorton, @mells, @JDK6653

VINBSWSBStoWSSTATECOLORSERIES
150357 @hallaXOhioGraniteRebel
168385 @ReguguyXMassachusettsGraniteLimited
184775 @clintorisXFloridaGraniteRebel
201026 @Thomasg10XKentuckyIvoryLimited
209895 @UKBeandipXIndianaPatriotLimited
210566 @jamortonXIndianaBlackLimited
214263 @mellsXNew YorkPatriotLimited
214613 @JDK6653XMissouriGraniteRebel
Heard from Mopar build to have bedliner installed. Whoop whoop!

Matrixband

Reaction score
Seems they are building more trucks recently, or at least more forum member trucks. I wonder if this is older orders eventually being built, or they are actually building more trucks per week. (I’m sure data is here somewhere on that.) also, seems to be more 10th anniversary limiteds. Well, I’m just trying to find anything to be optimistic about.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Seems they are building more trucks recently, or at least more forum member trucks. I wonder if this is older orders eventually being built, or they are actually building more trucks per week. (I’m sure data is here somewhere on that.) also, seems to be more 10th anniversary limiteds. Well, I’m just trying to find anything to be optimistic about.
Did someone say DATA????

They're not building any more trucks than usual.

1642197337665.png

Users who are viewing this thread