5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nothing crazy besides replacing mu halogen bulbs with Led bulbs. Looks alot better, so it should hold me for several years until I decide if I want to go factory led set, or some morimoto led headlights

dc0a838990688c1900c09dfe2460b9e9.jpg

2022 Ram Big Horn Back Country
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Which bulbs did you go with?

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not really anything to worry about there, you can revert back to the original setting, you are only changing factory settings that are already there. When you first connect, you do a backup file "Read System ID" with the PC version of the software. Then save the file on your desktop or wherever you want to save it and you have a grocery list of how your BCM is configured to reference in the event you make a change that you don't like or do it inadvertently, you can ctrl F search it and find the setting and change it back to the original setting.

To use the software, you just need to have a grasp of basic computer skills and get yourself familiar with how things work. I would have taken the time to learn it sooner, but since 2020 my life was just SUPER busy with work and life obstacles, but mainly work, so I just now have had the time to put in to learn what I needed to and play with it.

It's neat and works well, so far I have made 3 changes, the DRL location like you see, speedometer adjustment for larger (35") tires, and reenabled tailgate ajar warning so it will show up in the cluster and also the factory inside the bed LED's will come on automatically when you open the tailgate.

I do have a few more things I want to eventually do/add that would take a trip to the dealer to add them, not anymore. It feels good to have the knowledge and know-how to adjust things to my truck without the need of the dealership.

ETA: Also, the software isn't married to the truck, I can use it on any other vehicle it can communicate with...My wife drives a JGC Overland and will be messing with some things there too.
I would do the Fog Light Dropout so that your fog lights will stay on with high beams. That’s the first change I did with AlphaOBD.

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
It’s been a busy month for mods…..

8A4092F6-B5DE-4E30-8E4F-67F64575C462.jpeg
Black lugnut covers for the night edition wheels…. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CHWGSZZ/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_40HEZ13W2KBVWVTR9CFK?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

02AF3FC7-43F2-4B46-86E7-E6AA21C1A8FB.jpeg
Lockerdown console safe…. https://www.lockerdown.com/

769CF67F-16B3-4DF6-AB21-52328F0BF6B3.jpeg
Luxe auto taillight/mirror cap tint. https://www.luxeautoconcepts.net/

D11F2C36-1A39-40E1-9B9A-1FBA7338A59B.jpeg
easy 50 HP add TRX starter/ignition button

17949D8F-25E1-4F99-8CD1-BC4F01FA9C1A.jpeg
Flowmaste direct fit muffler….

540711F6-34E0-4C4F-8F05-C7F0702C8D72.jpeg
And lastly, BDS 4” lift with the fox shocks upgrade…. With some Toyo Open Country AT III 295/50 on my stock 22’s….
76C7DD55-F663-4924-883F-E4AA04C833C3.jpeg

I think I’m done for a bit…. Now it’s time to just enjoy the truck…. 😉

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would do the Fog Light Dropout so that your fog lights will stay on with high beams. That’s the first change I did with AlphaOBD.
I think I did do that as well, or at least I meant to. I'll have to check and make sure, thanks for that.
ETA: Went out and checked, and apparently I didn't do that, will do this eve, thanks again for the reminder.

Last edited:

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got a link?
Geno's Locking Gasoline Cap https://www.genosgarage.com/product...tcap-gas-engines-only-gg-gaslc21/new-products
Geno's Locking Diesel Cap https://www.genosgarage.com/product/ram-locking-fuel-cap-gg-ezlc1/fuel-caps
Geno's Locking Ecodiesel DEF Cap https://www.genosgarage.com/product/ram-locking-blue-def-cap-gg-ezdef1/fuel-caps

I have that gasoline version above that I'll be posting for sale in the Buy/Sell/Trade section of this forum (traded one of our gas trucks for the Ecodiesel).

Last edited:

jawoll

Reaction score
I installed a front camera into the grill of my truck the other day. The picture quality looks like absolute butt, so I ordered a replacement camera. I got that this morning and hooked it up, but the picture quality is still trash. I guess the video connector I made is bad. I ordered a Z automotive connector because I was getting the runaround on the uninsulated female spade terminals that go into the back of the radio.

I plan on doing a write up with a bunch of pictures, but here’s a few in the meantime.

Defective connector (maybe) that I made:
View attachment 110554

Connector installed:
View attachment 110556

Camera:
View attachment 110557
View attachment 110558

At this point my replacement camera looks the same as the original, so either this camera just sucks or it’s the video connector like I’m thinking. The pictures doesn’t do justice for how bad it looks. (It looks 8-bit like nintendo)
View attachment 110561
nice one @djevox !!!!
i would love to install a front camera on my 2019 ram DT with 10” display too - did u get the pic quality fixed ? a d did u ever do the write up? what camera are you using ?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
nice one @djevox !!!!
i would love to install a front camera on my 2019 ram DT with 10” display too - did u get the pic quality fixed ? a d did u ever do the write up? what camera are you using ?
I got the picture quality a little better by switching to a different camera, but it’s still not great. I explored getting shielding for the wire, but I didn’t find anything that’s feasible. Since I have a new truck now, I can do a write up when I install the new front camera. This is the new camera I’m using.

Duran

Reaction score
Dropped it off at the dealer. Had the rear window leak. Buckling my niece and nephew in one day and noticed water staining on the headliner. They said hopefully by early next week because they're taking it to a body shop. We'll see I guess!
Just turned min in tuesday for the same thing. Thankfully its not leaking on the headliner but on the sides. Its gonna be a week till i get my truck back

2020GCM

Reaction score

RamSportDT

Reaction score
You can use Bixby routines, IFTTT, or maybe smartthings to auto launch amazon music when it connects to your trucks bluetooth (which normally happens before you can connect to AA. Then it would be ready for you when hook up to AA. I use Google assistant for everything (Bixby is a crap voice assistant) but the routine functions are nice. I use it for things like automatically turning up media volume when I connect to my kid's car's Bluetooth when I drive it.

And/or, make sure amazon is your default player and set your AA settings for auto resume media on launch.

I use spotify, so not positive this will fix your Amazon issues, but worth a shot.

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk
Thanks, I'll give that a shot, "manually" turning on AA isn't too big a deal to save my data though, but hopefully this will help.

RamSportDT

Reaction score
Here is mine. Did not have lighter jack in center consol. So plug into usb c port. Works great. going on a year now. Also added car 2 play. Wireless car play. Love this set up. No plug in.
Looks good, one of the smallest yet best upgrades for 2022 is wireless Android Auto/ Car play.

RamLay

Reaction score
Not really anything to worry about there, you can revert back to the original setting, you are only changing factory settings that are already there. When you first connect, you do a backup file "Read System ID" with the PC version of the software. Then save the file on your desktop or wherever you want to save it and you have a grocery list of how your BCM is configured to reference in the event you make a change that you don't like or do it inadvertently, you can ctrl F search it and find the setting and change it back to the original setting.

To use the software, you just need to have a grasp of basic computer skills and get yourself familiar with how things work. I would have taken the time to learn it sooner, but since 2020 my life was just SUPER busy with work and life obstacles, but mainly work, so I just now have had the time to put in to learn what I needed to and play with it.

It's neat and works well, so far I have made 3 changes, the DRL location like you see, speedometer adjustment for larger (35") tires, and reenabled tailgate ajar warning so it will show up in the cluster and also the factory inside the bed LED's will come on automatically when you open the tailgate.

I do have a few more things I want to eventually do/add that would take a trip to the dealer to add them, not anymore. It feels good to have the knowledge and know-how to adjust things to my truck without the need of the dealership.

ETA: Also, the software isn't married to the truck, I can use it on any other vehicle it can communicate with...My wife drives a JGC Overland and will be messing with some things there too.

Sounds like I'll be doing this soon, the DRLs are awesome and a real oversight by Ram. Later, I want to set up a brake controller too as I am working on building an Overlanding rig on an M1101 HMMWV trailer. So into it I picked up two of them in fact!

Thanks!

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I might have the wrong guy but I thought you bought a Rebel instead of waiting on Ram to build your back country ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Well after about having the rebel for 2 months, dealer called me that my original order placed in June came in, so I snatched it up. I'm done with getting a new truck...lol.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Which bulbs did you go with?
Lasfit bulb replacement for the stock halogens. I think I might need to either aim them, or turn the bulb, because the bulb output is higher than normal. I really do like them, I just don't want to blind anybody.

Personally I feel that these aftermarket led bulb replacement are better than the sto k Led ones in the Rebel. But that could be me.

Users who are viewing this thread