5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

myownstatus

Reaction score
Today's cryptic answer from Ram Chat:

Do y'all suppose this means it's on a train car or truck somewhere? My contact at the dealership is out until Tuesday, and as much as I've been blowing up their phone, I don't want to start over with someone else there...
I heard they are able to get an ETA once it is on the train. But who knows, RAM CHAT so far during this process has been precise with all their information since I do run it by the dealer every time I got an update.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Do y'all suppose this means it's on a train car or truck somewhere? My contact at the dealership is out until Tuesday, and as much as I've been blowing up their phone, I don't want to start over with someone else there...
Just going from my own experience, I'd think that probably means it hasn't been loaded up yet. Perhaps in the yard waiting to be loaded?

yup ram

Reaction score

x2 what Snow said. I was at this stage earlier this week for a few days. Once I finally got an estimated delivery date window from Ram Chat, i started seeing more verifiable info (via Cassens website and my salesman) that it had actually shipped. These back to back holiday weekends have been tough. Trucks been finished for over a week but was slow to ship because of the shutdown/long weekends. Hoping to get the call from my dealer monday or tuesday.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score

the sales manager should be able to provide you with this

truck tracking dec 15 2021.jpeg

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
In California it’s a 40 to 50 cent per gallon difference to buy gas from Costco ($4.15) and a top tier ($4.59). I would have gotten the 26 gallon if I had known it was free though. I’ll just trust your math and assume it will take me 100 fill ups at 40 to 50 cent a gallon savings to break even.
maybe @Eighty can do a search of how many got the 33 tank and just for fun the 3.92 gears

Hillbilly2

Reaction score
Added 773 Window Stickers tonight. 3 more forum members with trucks on the way! Congratulations to @Hillbilly2, @RaminTX, @myownstatus

VINBSWSSTATECOLORSERIES
142737 @Hillbilly2XXGeorgiaGraniteLimited
200657 @RaminTXXXTexasWhiteLaramie
240960 @myownstatusXXFloridaWhiteLaramie

I’m in shock a little. BS yesterday and WS today. With a loaded Limited I was mentally prepared to be sitting at the body vendor for awhile before the window sticker popped. Thanks for all of your data mining efforts @triple_B and @Eighty!

Mad Cow

Reaction score
Thanks Fellas, appreciate it! @bigdodge, the last time I talked my guy at the dealership he said I should get an EAT right after the 1st. I'm guessing he's waiting for that document to populate.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
maybe @Eighty can do a search of how many got the 33 tank and just for fun the 3.92 gears
28,644 trucks have the 33 gallon tank. But keep in mind that 4,923 of them are TRX's, and the only option on those are 33 gallons.

In my neck of the woods, 93-octane gas (which the TRX needs) is $4.29 at the closest gas station. But it's $3.05 at Costco. So when I fill up an average 25 gallons at a time, I'm saving $31. That's worth going out of the way for, once a week. It's a savings of $1600/year.

SC_Ram_Guy

Reaction score
In California it’s a 40 to 50 cent per gallon difference to buy gas from Costco ($4.15) and a top tier ($4.59). I would have gotten the 26 gallon if I had known it was free though. I’ll just trust your math and assume it will take me 100 fill ups at 40 to 50 cent a gallon savings to break even.
That's a huge price difference. I go to costco as well. $2.77 for regular today vs $3.09 across the street at QT. I couldn't afford to fill up in Cali. $107 to fill up 26 gallon tank. No wonder of the 5 house that went for sale in my neighborhood this yr 4 were bought by people from Cali and the other was from Colorado.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m in shock a little. BS yesterday and WS today. With a loaded Limited I was mentally prepared to be sitting at the body vendor for awhile before the window sticker popped. Thanks for all of your data mining efforts @triple_B and @Eighty!
And currently 50,015 trucks have 3.92 (out of 102,174).

SC_Ram_Guy

Reaction score

Same stage as mine. Talked to dealer 2 days ago and he showed mine as in Taylor Auction Yard 2 waiting for a rail car

Matrixband

Reaction score
Yes, it seems to me the 33 gallon tank is primarily a convenience factor: less trips to the gas station, regular, or Costco ( which is much cheaper but longer lines.) Also, less worry on the highway about running out of fuel.
Cost might be a wash, as you say, the up front option cost, plus constantly carrying around the extra weight.
I ordered the 33.

myownstatus

Reaction score
Yes, it seems to me the 33 gallon tank is primarily a convenience factor: less trips to the gas station, regular, or Costco ( which is much cheaper but longer lines.) Also, less worry on the highway about running out of fuel.
Cost might be a wash, as you say, the up front option cost, plus constantly carrying around the extra weight.
I ordered the 33.

I’m also an engineer. An extra 10 gallons of fuel is 62.16lbs plus the additional size of the equipment.

Not trying to compensate or put jargon that is unnecessary, 23, 26 or 33, At the end it’s just a bit more fuel, nothing too extreme or crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SC_Ram_Guy

Reaction score
I’m also an engineer. An extra 10 gallons of fuel is 62.16lbs plus the additional size of the equipment.

Not trying to compensate or put jargon that is unnecessary, 23, 26 or 33, At the end it’s just a bit more fuel, nothing too extreme or crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't disagree with any of that. My original statement was referring to caring that extra weight as an option for carrying extra fuel when found at a lower cost vs the $495 to have that option added. But I do agree with you.

However being the nerd that am I...if my truck ever comes in I will drive for a month and keep track of mileage out the 3 decimal points in the old pen and notebook method. Then for a month strap a container in the bed next to the cab with 7.46 gallons of water. Negligible no doubt. But when you are talking $5-$8 difference to carry that weight then it could be significant.

Again unless you are towing a trailer 60-70% of the time 23, 26, or 33 is just a preference. If I knew there was a 26 gallon option I would have chose it. But now my nerd curiosity is piqued and I am just compelled to do the experiment.

Maccam

Reaction score
No new build sheets this morning, plant may have closed for the New Years yesterday.
Still may see window stickers tonight so I will back then.

Hope everyone has a great end of 2021!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
HAPPY NEW YEARS

PepperellFF

Reaction score

Ram chat said the same thing to me today for 1 truck the other is still at the body dealer. Received BS for both before Christmas figured I would see WS by now.

Maccam

Reaction score
28,644 trucks have the 33 gallon tank. But keep in mind that 4,923 of them are TRX's, and the only option on those are 33 gallons.

In my neck of the woods, 93-octane gas (which the TRX needs) is $4.29 at the closest gas station. But it's $3.05 at Costco. So when I fill up an average 25 gallons at a time, I'm saving $31. That's worth going out of the way for, once a week. It's a savings of $1600/year.
When i smoked i used to drive an hour and 10 mins into west virgina to save 40.00 a carton,so id go once a month and by
5 cartons.Dont smoke anymore and save about 3,000.00 ayear.so you gotta go where the savings are

Mad Cow

Reaction score
Ram chat said the same thing to me today for 1 truck the other is still at the body dealer. Received BS for both before Christmas figured I would see WS by now.
I was six days from BS to WS. With the holidays, the virus, weather and everything else going it seems pretty random right now.

Question: I see a lot of guys like you with multiple orders. I had to put $1000 down, and it's non-refundable. How are folks ordering multiple trucks? Are you guys planning on flipping them, or will your dealers allow you to order without a deposit?

Users who are viewing this thread