5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good-bye, my Ram is sold, new toy in the driveway.

truckless

Reaction score
Those negative shot cases are very rare.

I lost a friend and uncle recently who thought they did need it.

Personal choice, yes, but can’t believe everything you read online about the evil vaccine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they would stop using all the chips in the vaccines we would all have our ****ing trucks by now. /s

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
HOW DARE they call it a Mustang!!...next thing you know there will be a pickup truck called a Maverick...or a Charger that's a 4-door, or a front wheel drive SUV called a Blazer...or a......
Front wheel drive Novas and Darts, the Malibu.... Impala.... madness!!!

Edit: Bonnevilles, Regals,..... when does it end???

56 Pontiac

Reaction score
No offense, but that does NOT look like a Mustang at all. It looks like any other "sport coupe" out there, all rounded with an overdone front end, weird headlights, no style at all (I owned a 2007 Mustang convertible that was the 1st 'new' generation emulating the original Mustang, now that car had STYLE).
2007_Mustang1.jpg
2007_Mustang2.jpg
2007_Mustang3.jpg

And the interior of that new "Mustang" - looks like someone glued a tablet PC to the dash, in the 'portrait' position even, ugly ugly ugly.

And do you really think the electric energy is "free" ?!?! Gov't subsidies may give you "free" electricity now, but once they have enough people hooked on EVs, like Tom Petty said "The boys upstairs want to see how much you'll pay for what you used to get for free"

But if OP is happy, I guess that's all that counts.

Dave

Last edited:

reidcc

Reaction score
It’s been a great year on this forum. I have enjoyed viewing and participating daily. You have all been very helpful and kind. I do hope I have helped at least a few. Now that my Ram is gone, I will not monitor this forum (OK I will check in a few times weekly I am sure).

Since we sold to a dealer with several car lines, and since they offered more than Vroom and even more than I paid last year, If I purchased something else at any branch, I got a waiver on sales tax. We were going to take the cash and wait, buy a beater, but while driving by another branch of the dealer about 1 hour away on Monday , I noticed about 6 new mustang Mach-E’s. I thought they were back order for months and really had little interest. We stopped and asked to take one for a spin.

Apparently a Solar company ordered 10 and ended up only taking 4. The dealer got them a few weeks back and was selling at MSRP. No gouging. Of course you can count all of the Maine DC fast chargers on two hands and the closest is 1 hour South of the Dealer (2 hours from me) , so they only sold one so far.

They offered up a loaner to drive so the wife and I went for a 30 minute spin. We were quite impressed. We already own one EV and my company recently installed free chargers so we pondered the idea of having two, knowing there is no fuel costs.

We talked with the dealer and did some research and found there were about $12,100 in incentives right now as well as a Ford Options Financing plan tailored for EVs. Finally no tax. So, I spoke with the sales guy again and he offered the loaner for another 2 days for nothing. I guess he thought I was interested. I took the offer and put about 300 miles on it. It self parks, parallel and side by side, has following adaptive cruise, lane keep, full led lighting and a 15.5” screen. In another few months full hands free self driving via a download on the highways, plus a 200+ mile range. Complete silence in the interior. I thought my Ram was quiet. A true keyless entry using your phone and 3 others and everything tailors to the driver. It also has 468 foot pounds of instant torque, holy moly. 0-60 in 5-2.

We took delivery of a new 2021 Mach-E AWD today. A lower payment, shorter term, than my Ram and a $300 per month savings on gas. Insurance was only a few hundred difference per year. Plus with the Ford Options, if it turns out to be a dud, like Chevy Bolt values, with battery fires, or an unreliable mess, battery degradation, you can walk away from the loan after 3 or 4 years, your choice, like a lease.

So we will be on the Mach E forums and learning a lot about it over the next few months. Thank you all! The Ram is a great truck and who knows, the electric Ram is coming soon.....

View attachment 94297 View attachment 94318
Hello nburd-

Have not been on here in quite a while...I'm the guy from Mass who had motor replaced at 800 miles.
Congrats on your new ride-much different from a truck!

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread