5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just ordered from Chapman in Horsham. same price as MD and Koons just closer to home.
22 Rebel Black msrp 67,135 Invoice 62,882 6% off 59,738
Gt
Night
33 gallon
level 2
12" with 9 speakers
In this market invoice pricing is pretty good. I know folks would can and would say that Mark Dodge can get you lower, but still invoice is a good number for me.

2021 Ram Rebel
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

UnclJim

Reaction score
In this market invoice pricing is pretty good. I know folks would can and would say that Mark Dodge can get you lower, but still invoice is a good number for me.

2021 Ram Rebel
True, the 5% under invoice I got is basically equal to 13% off msrp add the $3500 markup here on Long Island and I am more than happy in this market.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi wondering if I can get some opinions I just ordered a limited night edition with several options the MSRP is 74622
The dealer is giving me 3000 off that not including the incentives should I be getting a better deal or is that pretty much as good as it gets now a days!

Where are you located?

warz00

Reaction score
Hi wondering if I can get some opinions I just ordered a limited night edition with several options the MSRP is 74622
The dealer is giving me 3000 off that not including the incentives should I be getting a better deal or is that pretty much as good as it gets now a days!
if you scroll up it seems like a number of members are getting approx 12% off MSRP at a variety of dealers that are mentioned

myownstatus

Reaction score
if you scroll up it seems like a number of members are getting approx 12% off MSRP at a variety of dealers that are mentioned

Seems about right, getting close to ~15% after the price increase as the dealer is honoring the original price before the increases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you can't find a dealer in your area to do a lot better than that, give Mark Dodge in Louisiana a call. I'd bet they could get you close to $10k off MSRP.

70runner

Reaction score
Newbie here. I just placed my order for 2022 1500 Laramie Night Ed with Renae from MD. She quoted me 13.2% under MSRP. I took that quote to multiple dealers locally and it literally offended them. They all quoted MSRP and suggested MD was potentially trying to scam me. After reading so much positive reviews here on the forum about past dealing with MD, I'm comfortable and excited about my decision. Renae also locked me into a $1K incentive, but I can take advantage of better incentives at time of delivery if any exist.

Nearly exact local dealer response I got when I shared my 12.5% off MSRP quote from Phillip Olson at Bud Clary last April. A couple used the scam word, though I showed them the documented quote. Not a single one (of six) was willing to verify with Olson and/or work with me. I've come to the conclusion, at least in SOCAL, that folks around here generally purchase new vehicles like they vote, without much research. SOCAL dealers hold firm on MSRP or add overpriced dealer addons. Buyers pay it. Flew to Seattle, leisurely, scenic drive home, one gas stop in 1200mi, saved about $12K. Seems like a no brainer.

deanno33

Reaction score
I also ended up at 12% under MSRP on my 2022 from a local dealer. MD's quote beat that by a little (under 1,000) but my local dealer did about 4.500 better than MD on trade for my 2020. Dealers have huge differences in trade values these days vs what it used to be. In past years you could almost get the same trade price anywhere and dealers would match other dealers for trade values. Not any more. Ex...I bought a new 2021 Bighorn while waiting for my 2022 to arrive. When I went to trade/sell it back as my 2022 arrived, dealers (6 in total I asked) ranged from 42,000-46,500 and they all were firm on their values. Funniest part is the highest price of 46,500 is where I actually purchased the truck (for 43,500) less than 45 days earlier. With taxes/fees I was in about 46,200 so I actually came out ahead a few bucks. Drove the truck 4,200 miles in those 45 days including a trip to MT hunting.

Anyway...it's just a different truck buying/selling world and if you take your time you can do pretty well. Need to shop trade values more than you used to (at least where I am).

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ugh...process is not going as well as I wanted to. Basically, they aren't moving from msrp, so I would be losing money on the deal.

My trade it looks good, the numbers just don't add up. I do want the truck, and I'm willing to pay msrp, but we are stuck at literally $345. I'm standing my ground at this point...and maybe entertaining the idea of ordering again somewhere else.

The problem with working with a smaller dealer.

2021 Ram Rebel

soSincerious

Reaction score
price is what you pay
value is what you get

do you see the value in it?
or are you about to open mouth, insert foot and order from MD :LOL:

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
price is what you pay
value is what you get

or are you about to open mouth, insert foot and order from MD
I think I'm just going to sit it out, and drink some beers tonight....lol

2021 Ram Rebel

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
price is what you pay
value is what you get

or are you about to open mouth, insert foot and order from MD
I try to keep my options open as much as possible. It might look like I had some kind of bias towards mark Dodge, and trust me, I don't. They hooked up alot of folks here with great deals. I can swe how that team really works for their folks. What I'm doing here is just building a relationship with a local dealer. I have walked out several times with no deal, and I have no problems with that.

2021 Ram Rebel

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lol.

Mark. Dodge. Can. Solve. This. Problem.
You know that I love you....and hate you at the same time, right?...lol

It's like a forum "brothers" things. Big brother knows more, little brother has other ideas, and just can't meet in the middle.

At the end of the day, we sit down at the family table and eat.

2021 Ram Rebel

Last edited:

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You know that I love you....and hate you at the same time, right?...lol

It's like a forum "brothers" things. Big brother knows more, little brother has other ideas, and just can't meet in the middle.

At the end of the day, we sit down at the family table and eat.

2021 Ram Rebel

Lol, I just want what's best for my little brother. 🍻

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I live in the south suburbs of Chicago. I went to about eight different dealers, two of them I had connections with the owners several of them would not budge off of MSRP one of them through a Costco program offered me 1500 off MSRP one of the dealers I knew through someone offered me 2200 off, and I just re-check the numbers with the dealer that I ordered my truck from and they are giving me 3900 off MSRP I also ran those numbers past all the other dealers but they kind of gave me the yeah that’s not happening thing. never thought to go out of state. Thanks for all of your input

Jason Beltran @ Hawk CDJR in Forest Park, IL will get you 4-5% below invoice

cell: 847-393-5262

[email protected]

Jceblue1

Reaction score
Wow that would be around 66k for the 22 Limited Night edition with limited level one equipment anti-spin and Dff moonroof

Runagun

Reaction score
I live in the south suburbs of Chicago. I went to about eight different dealers, two of them I had connections with the owners several of them would not budge off of MSRP one of them through a Costco program offered me 1500 off MSRP one of the dealers I knew through someone offered me 2200 off, and I just re-check the numbers with the dealer that I ordered my truck from and they are giving me 3900 off MSRP I also ran those numbers past all the other dealers but they kind of gave me the yeah that’s not happening thing. never thought to go out of state. Thanks for all of your input
Where abouts are you? I'm northwest Illinois by Rockford. Bought my truck from MD in Feb and had it shipped to me. No other dealer wanted to deal so it forced my hand to go to MD. And I'm glad I did. Easiest purchased I made.

Users who are viewing this thread