5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

Veneno

Reaction score
i changed a few things on my original order and the dealer was not sure it would work so we reordered and both trucks will arrive soon. 1 has 33 gal tank the other has 23 gallon and trailer steering. I thought I ordered it on the first truck but I didn’t now I have to decide what truck I want
Adding a trailer brake controller is a lot cheaper, and easier, than adding the 33 gallon option later.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i changed a few things on my original order and the dealer was not sure it would work so we reordered and both trucks will arrive soon. 1 has 33 gal tank the other has 23 gallon and trailer steering. I thought I ordered it on the first truck but I didn’t now I have to decide what truck I want

Easy decision 23g < 33g tank

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you now I have a decision take the truck with the trailer steering or the 33 gallon tank…
I'd go for both of them if you're going to tow a lot. Trailer steering isn't a requirement, but it sure is convenient.

RebelChefTobz

Reaction score
Is this an either or decision? Or just a regret for not getting the 33 gallon fuel tank? I was able to chose both for my Laramie.
Nope. I order mine with a 33gal tank and the trailer tow group. But if I had TY choose only one, I'd definitely go with the 33-gal tank.

RebelChefTobz

Reaction score
Lol they don’t make a diesel GT
I know, right?! Lol. He seemed smart to begin with, but now I'm wondering. Lol

But with the help and info I've gotten from this group, apparently I've become somewhat of a rebel expert as a couple FB groups I'm in have elevated me to expert status.... whatever that means. Lol

Veneno

Reaction score
I see the new 3.0 Turbo I-6 has gone in to production, any word on hp/torque specs?
I wanted to make sure the Hemi was still available so I ordered a new one this year. I was hoping to keep my ecodiesel longer but I suspect the Hemi will be eliminated eventually.

Mad Cow

Reaction score
It might make more power, but Nothing sounds like a V8…

The 3.6 V6 in my Colorado is a great motor. It pulls hard, gets great mileage and is pretty bulletproof, but it sounds horrible. It’s one of the reasons I started looking at full size trucks, and the Ford turbo wasn’t even on my radar…

Veneno

Reaction score
It might make more power, but Nothing sounds like a V8…

The 3.6 V6 in my Colorado is a great motor. It pulls hard, gets great mileage and is pretty bulletproof, but it sounds horrible. It’s one of the reasons I started looking at full size trucks, and the Ford turbo wasn’t even on my radar…
My old 2009 Ram 1500 Laramie Hemi was loud and obnoxious, but I loved that truck. Kept it for 11 years until I sold it to my brother in law. It's still going strong.

Maccam

Reaction score
I'd go for both of them if you're going to tow a lot. Trailer steering isn't a requirement, but it sure is convenient.
have you used the trailer steering?.guess after 16 years of towing,just dont know if ill use it

Mathis35

Reaction score
Thanks for the update Triple B and all that you do. I was surprised that a build sheet was generated today seeing that we are between Christmas and New Years. From what I read I thought there was a plant shutdown with only volunteers working. Based on having a build sheet do you think the truck is actually on the production line?
Build sheet means it's built. Production is operating at roughly half capacity during the shutdown.

sactruck

Reaction score
Thanks for the update Triple B and all that you do. I was surprised that a build sheet was generated for my truck today seeing that we are between Christmas and New Years. From what I read I thought there was a plant shutdown with only volunteers working. Based on having a build sheet do you think my truck is actually on the production line?

sactruck

Reaction score
I guess I am getting one of the last trucks built in 2021. I wonder if the plant running half capacity means less shifts or a slower production line.

usedup

Reaction score
I could use your help as far as BS or WS. Salesman said vehicle went in to be built on 12/22. VIN 1C6SRFHT6NN214282. Thanks in advance.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I could use your help as far as BS or WS. Salesman said vehicle went in to be built on 12/22. VIN 1C6SRFHT6NN214282. Thanks in advance.
did not find your build sheet

you are in the tracker so as soon as a build sheet shows up eighty will email you

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online