5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
f0f2e82c7ff7447fbc9acc5da231ad19.jpg

This was the main reason why I did what i did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Randboye

Reaction score
Read a 53 page post, buying the software, buying the module and cable needed, deciphering of the post made, watching some videos on how to manipulate the software and execution of what i bought and learned.
If you are asking the specifics of the AlfaOBD, i can share that too. Not sure what exactly you ate asking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just asking what you did to keep spots on with your brights. You answered by saying what you did reading and purchasing module software and cable etc. More than what I would want to do at this time

Thanks

Ccroce

Reaction score
You need to get the flush mount AVS hood protector like the one I have on my Limited. It sits tighter to the hood and grill.

View attachment 115197

View attachment 115198
That does look better, but I assumed OEM would be a better fit and a more exact chrome-match. Now I’m just not sure I want one there at all. Looks pretty good on yours with the white paint, though.

Chris

Ram4Lou

Reaction score
I forgot to mention that when I coated my running boards I discovered that you can't lower the truck with the running boards deployed.
Air ride will, not respond if the running boards are deployed.
Also won't raise if hood is up

This is not accurate. I always start washing my truck in OR2 with the running boards deployed. After I’ve washed the wheels, wheel wells and lower portions of the truck, I press “entry/exit” mode on the FOB and the truck lowers all the way down so I can wash the upper part and roof. The running boards stay deployed the whole time, no problem.

pmegason

Reaction score
No, lol. I’d rather know I’m getting quality DEF though. I don’t trust the dealer enough yet for that. The only reason I had them fill it with gas is because they use the same Shell station that I do since they don’t keep diesel on site.
Well it doesn't use much unless you are towing. I fill up mine usually at truck stops. It a lot cheaper than buying by the box for sure.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well it doesn't use much unless you are towing. I fill up mine usually at truck stops. It a lot cheaper than buying by the box for sure.
I’d love to do that, but the closest one to me is 56 miles away, which equals 1hr and 26mins away without any traffic. That’s not really feasible. I am thinking about returning the bluedef platinum I have and just using walmart or tractor supply def.

GadgetMason

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve only seen his posts and pics of the removal so I figured I’d give him credit for the idea.
It does remove some hold structure from the wheelwell liner, but I found punching a couple holes and adding a zip tie or two through the plastic takes care of that.

GadgetMason

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My '21 that I got back in August is about to go over the 12,000 mile mark (had 9 miles when I took delivery). At this rate It will have more than 30,000 before it's 1st birthday.
Just went over 14,000… took delivery June 23,2021 with 23 miles… feel your pain🤣 I took a two week trip out to Sturgis / Wyoming / Nebraska area. 5,700 miles! Ha! Break-in run.

LoNeStAr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here are a few pics of the turn signal DRL, kinda hard to capture what it looks like in person versus on a photo though.
View attachment 115208
View attachment 115209
View attachment 115210
View attachment 115211
View attachment 115212
And I may do the Accent light drop out and only have it like this later on, just seeing what I like best and fun to play with it.
View attachment 115213
Looks great! What bug/stone deflector is that? It looks nice and tight to the hood. From the one pic it looks like AVS maybe?

dbark

Reaction score
Added these to the doors to go along with the Faital Pro dash speakers I did a few months ago. I still need to adjust the settings more but it is a definite improvement. Base 6 speaker system without ANC.

Front
PXL_20211228_004104892.jpg

Rear
PXL_20211228_004059392.jpg

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This is not accurate. I always start washing my truck in OR2 with the running boards deployed. After I’ve washed the wheels, wheel wells and lower portions of the truck, I press “entry/exit” mode on the FOB and the truck lowers all the way down so I can wash the upper part and roof. The running boards stay deployed the whole time, no problem.

Mine didn't and doesn't. Opened the door to wake the truck up, no response. Pressed the start button and woke the truck up, no response. As soon as I retracted the running boards and closed the door I hit the entry/exit button on the remote and the truck lowered.

ETA. Read this message in my driveway on the way to the gym. Once I got to the gym I raised the truck deployed the running boards and tried to lower the truck again with the entry exit button on the key fob, no response. Turn the ignition on retracted to running boards turn edition back off and shut the doors and press the entry exit button on the key fob in the truck lowered.

Maybe there's some inconsistencies in the programming of these trucks but mine doesn't lower with the running boards deployed

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online