5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram GT Super Performance Hood

Nova90

Reaction score
Looks like a standard Rebel hood

Last edited:

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like s standard Rebel hood
It is. Well, technically it's the "Sport Performance Hood".

Yes they were (finally painted my SS396 after 13 years of yellow, if I remember right the color was a Cadillac dark red):

Dave
Love that SS! My first car was a 66 Chevelle. Looking at that is making me a little nostalgic. I wish I still had pictures of that car. :(

Last edited:

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It is. Well, technically it's the "Sport Performance Hood".

Love that SS! My first car was a 66 Chevelle. Looking at that is making me a little nostalgic. I wish I still had pictures of that car. :(

Got to love those chevelles, 70 chevelle was my first favorite muscle car when I was a kid in the late 90s.

My neighbor a few doors down has a beautiful red 66 chevelle, and there's another one (blue this time) a block away from us as well. Add in my 66 Buick and we have 3 66 GMs in a block radius, not bad!

Oh and I wish you still had pictures of that car too, I love seeing vintage pictures of most things but especially cars.

GTRam

Reaction score
Well it has been a month since my dealership reached out to the district rep (numerous times) asking about the Super Performance Hood "built-in airflow features" as advertised on Ramtrucks.com with no response.

Does anyone know how to get an official explanation from Dodge? May be other dealership reps?

Cda3488

Reaction score
Well it has been a month since my dealership reached out to the district rep (numerous times) asking about the Super Performance Hood "built-in airflow features" as advertised on Ramtrucks.com with no response.

Does anyone know how to get an official explanation from Dodge? May be other dealership reps?
I would also like to know!

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

I would also like to know!
By all accounts I've seen it's just the normal Sport Performance hood. There is no special version for the GT models.

GTRam

Reaction score
Response from my dealership's district Rep concerning the Super Performance hood!!

The rep got a hold of the engineers about the advertised description of the sport performance hood. They told him that it should not be described and advertised that way because there are technically no “built in airflow features” and the sport hood is purely for looks and non-functioning in terms of air flow or performance.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Response from my dealership's district Rep concerning the Super Performance hood!!

The rep got a hold of the engineers about the advertised description of the sport performance hood. They told him that it should not be described and advertised that way because there are technically no “built in airflow features” and the sport hood is purely for looks and non-functioning in terms of air flow or performance.
Now, wait a minute. I refuse to believe that Ram put bad information on their website. They're world-renowned for the accuracy of their information.

Users who are viewing this thread