5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Limited level one equipment group

Jceblue1

Reaction score
Hi everyone I’m new to this site I’m ordering a 2022 ram limited with the level one equipment group, and I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with the safety options that come with it? my question is do they work well for example lane keep assist and stop and go cruise and so on! Also do you think it’s a good value? Thanks for your input.

gallobg

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2021 Laramie (not Limited), so I can't answer your question specifically. However, I can say that you need to read and re-read the fine print on the window sticker about any particular option package for 2021 and 2022 vehicles. Due to parts availability, various things that used to be part of packages are being removed. For example, my original 2020 Laramie (v6) had the Blind Spot detection system, while my exact same package truck for 2021 (traded for v8) removed it. I've since looked at countless models on dealer sites and the Blind Spot option remains difficult and rare to find. Other things are hit or miss too.

So - even with the Limited packages - be super careful to read what is included in whatever equipment group you are selecting.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2020 Lane keep mostly lets you know when you're going over the line but the "Keep" part of it is not as good as my 2019 Kia which if it wasn't for the warning to put your hands back on the wheel one could let it drive for you.

Stop and Go Cruise works great at highway speeds and even on slower roads where you actually have to stop but I feel the "Go" function from a stop takes too long to kick in so I usually use the pedal for that.

the front warning and breaking saved my bacon once so that a positive.

The rear stop seems to be a bit intermittent and stops me when it shouldnt.

All and all I'd buy them again especially the cruise.

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have the same package on my 19 Laramie...I got it specifically because I drive a ton of highway miles and was spoiled by Adaptive Cruise Control on my 2014 Grand Cherokee. It had the AAC but not with the Stop n Go feature which is AWESOME. Yes, it lags a bit when resuming from a dead stop, but to me that is a small problem overall. The Lane Keep Assist is pretty OK, though I will NEVER trust it beyond just being a warning function. Blind Spot detection is really nice but I think that may be one of the things to be SURE your truck actually includes. I thought I read a while back that RAM was only shipping the Limited trim level with BSD, so the Laramie and lower couldn't get it. The Front Collision Warning is a great safety feature...the reverse automatic braking...not so much. It is so overly sensitive that it slams on the brakes backing out of my driveway if it detects even the lightest steam from the exhaust on a cool morning. The irony is they made this "safety" feature to be opposite of that for which it is intended because so many, me included, shut it off in Uconnect because it is so damn aggravating.

To me, and for how I use my truck it is WELL worth the money.

SHANEOMACSKI23

Reaction score
Lane keep assist can be adjusted in your uconnect to veer the car back in the lane to simply vibrating to let you know. The adaptive cruise control is extremely convenient however like bill-e said, the go function from a dead stop takes a bit. Works best if the distance is set to closest to the next car. Otherwise, you'll have to give it some gas to get it up quicker. I like the lane keep assist and I wouldn't get another car without adaptive cruise control (especially the stop and go feature). Well worth the money!

Rick J

Reaction score
2020 Lane keep mostly lets you know when you're going over the line but the "Keep" part of it is not as good as my 2019 Kia which if it wasn't for the warning to put your hands back on the wheel one could let it drive for you.

Stop and Go Cruise works great at highway speeds and even on slower roads where you actually have to stop but I feel the "Go" function from a stop takes too long to kick in so I usually use the pedal for that.

the front warning and breaking saved my bacon once so that a positive.

The rear stop seems to be a bit intermittent and stops me when it shouldnt.

All and all I'd buy them again especially the cruise.
^^^^^^^^ This discription of the features is spot on.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi everyone I’m new to this site I’m ordering a 2022 ram limited with the level one equipment group, and I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with the safety options that come with it? my question is do they work well for example lane keep assist and stop and go cruise and so on! Also do you think it’s a good value? Thanks for your input.

Lane keep assist works but I don't use it, it's turned off.
I'm driving when I'm driving and staying in my lane hasn't been an issue. That said, mine is on the lowest setting (agressiveness) and it works as expected, have tried the other settings.

Adaptive cruise control works spectacularly, it works so well that you don't notice that you've slowed down well below your cruise setting until you look at the speedometer.
What I don't like about it which is more about the cruise control overall rather than the adaptive cruise is how agressive it is to re-accelerate after a slow down.
The PCM acts as though it's life or death to get back up to speed and will drop 2-3 gears and accelerate hard up to the setpoint.

All the other features I thought I wouldn't need or use, just came with Level 1 but after having them, I like them. The auto brake collision avoidance, cross path and blind spot are great.

Not yet used parksense, not rally a need.
Love the 360 camera system.

Not really anything about Level 1 that I wouldn't do again on a new truck

Last edited:

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Here is my take on the features that came with the Limited Level 1 Equipment Group on my 2021 Limited:
Pedestrian Emergency Braking - Don't like it. Disabled with uconnect settings.
Adaptive Cruise Control - Love it for most driving. I don't use it on multi-lane freeways though.
Lane Keep Assist - Don't like it. Disabled with switch.
Parallel and Perp. Park-Assist with Stop - Haven't used it.
Surround-View Camera System - Love it.

It's an expensive package, but I think it was worth it for the features I use.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here is my take on the features that came with the Limited Level 1 Equipment Group on my 2021 Limited:
Pedestrian Emergency Braking - Don't like it. Disabled with uconnect settings.
Adaptive Cruise Control - Love it for most driving. I don't use it on multi-lane freeways though.
Lane Keep Assist - Don't like it. Disabled with switch.
Parallel and Perp. Park-Assist with Stop - Haven't used it.
Surround-View Camera System - Love it.

It's an expensive package, but I think it was worth it for the features I use.
I think they should have made the surround view part of the tech group and charged $2K for that, and dropped Level 1 to $2k. Would have definitely bought the tech group with that setup.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think they should have made the surround view part of the tech group and charged $2K for that, and dropped Level 1 to $2k. Would have definitely bought the tech group with that setup.
The HUD, surround view cameras, and ACC were three things I definitely wanted my truck to have (among other things LOL). So I bought both packages. I paid a lot for this truck, but I plan to keep it for a long time. So I wanted it to have everything on my wish list.

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
forgot to mention...I find the Surround View cameras to be WAY more useful than I ever thought. Excellent in any tight parking scenario. For example, in a parking garage where only nose-in parking is possible it allows me to snug right up to the wall, or whatever is in front of me...keeps the backend from hanging out. Just one of many examples.

Jceblue1

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for taking the time out of your day to answer my question!
It’s a little scary spending 75K on a truck so it’s nice to get everyone’s take on these things the last truck I bought, I went cheap on and I regretted not getting certain things until I sold it.

Jceblue1

Reaction score
Well there's your conclusion, if you had buyer's remorse last time, and can swing it this time, don't put yourself through that again. Worst feeling, especially with a purchase of this size.
Yeah you’re right. I ordered 22 Limited with night edition and level one group, anti-spin diff 3.21
Bed utility group, Hemi e-torque in patriot blue with dual panel moonroof and trailer brake controller.

Jeremyko8

Reaction score
I love the surround view and the digital rear view mirror. Blind spot alert is nice. I would never buy another vehicle without adaptive cruise control I love it so much. Lane keep is nice if ur eating and driving otherwise annoying because I like to right close to the shoulder anyways.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I love the surround view and the digital rear view mirror. Blind spot alert is nice. I would never buy another vehicle without adaptive cruise control I love it so much. Lane keep is nice if ur eating and driving otherwise annoying because I like to right close to the shoulder anyways.
I like the digital rear view mirror, but prefer to keep it on the regularl reflective setting most of the time. It's nice to have the option to switch when I have people or cargo in the back seat, which might make using the regular mirror difficult or awkward.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You probably have all the feedback you need but I'll toss mine in as well.

Pedestrian Emergency Braking - It's fine with me. Hopefully I never need it for an actual pedestrian or animal. I wish it could tell the difference between a plant that won't hurt the truck if I back slightly into it and a brick wall, which would be bad.
Adaptive Cruise Control - Never use it. Maybe out west it would be handy but there's just too much traffic for me to want to use it around here.
Lane Keep Assist - I like it fine, though I turn it off when towing the camper. I need to "feel" what's happening back there and the LKA working makes me think something is happening with the trailer when it's not.
Parallel and Perp. Park-Assist with Stop - I keep talking about trying it but keep forgetting I even have it.
Surround-View Camera System - It's good to have but I don't use it as often as I should. I'm mostly just not used to having it at this time. It's most handy when backing into parking spots--an action I suppose I could have the park assist handle--and getting centered between the lines. Usually, though, I prefer to pull-through into parking spots way far away from all the other parked cars.

Users who are viewing this thread