5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This is new...

usedup

Reaction score
Now that it has turned colder my exhaust is confusing the backup sensors and stopping me in my tracks with absolutely nothing else behind me. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has experienced this but like I said, "new to me".

Ziggy01

Reaction score
I’ve had it happen several time the past week. I did not think to consider the exhaust as a possible cause.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Here you go, another thread that just posted about the same subject, but different things that set it off. - https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/backing-up-with-tailgate-down-brake.37546/

Either way, you can go to your Unconnect screen and turn off the auto brake feature while still keeping your rear brake sensors active. Don't turn off the your rear sensors from dash toggles, because that will also turn off the back up sensors.

Cda3488

Reaction score
Here you go, another thread that just posted about the same subject, but different things that set it off. - https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/backing-up-with-tailgate-down-brake.37546/

Either way, you can go to your Unconnect screen and turn off the auto brake feature while still keeping your rear brake sensors active. Don't turn off the your rear sensors from dash toggles, because that will also turn off the back up sensors.
I’ve turned my off also. Tried backing down a steep SM driveway and it was hilarious. The neighbors were crying they were laughing so hard at me.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’ve turned my off also. Tried backing down a steep SM driveway and it was hilarious. The neighbors were crying they were laughing so hard at me.

Yup, everyone thinks you are crazy when it goes off, lol.

Clv22p

Reaction score
It gets me every time I hook up a trailer. I forget to turn it off and start to back up and WHAM! It locks the brakes down, and my head hits the headrest with a moment of confusion followed by swearing at the system.
I don’t want to disable it for that one time it saves my ***!

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Reaction score
It gets me every time I hook up a trailer. I forget to turn it off and start to back up and WHAM! It locks the brakes down, and my head hits the headrest with a moment of confusion followed by swearing at the system.
I don’t want to disable it for that one time it saves my ***!
You're not alone in that.

Users who are viewing this thread