5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any auxiliary reverse light ideas???

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
I'm looking for some ideas for auxiliary reverse lights. Im going to be picky because I dont want to drill or cut into my brand new truck so I would prefer bolt on or stick on lights if that's possible. Im also looking to keep them as inconspicuous as possible so I dont want light pods mounted to the trailer hitch or under the bumper. In my search for the "perfect" set up for me I came across the CURT harness that T's into the factory trailer connector so I'll be using that to tap into the wires so I dont cut into the factory harness. Hopefully my pickyness leaves me some options. If you use anything can you post some pictures for me? Thanks

Cajun_

Reaction score
I'm looking for some ideas for auxiliary reverse lights. Im going to be picky because I dont want to drill or cut into my brand new truck so I would prefer bolt on or stick on lights if that's possible. Im also looking to keep them as inconspicuous as possible so I dont want light pods mounted to the trailer hitch or under the bumper. In my search for the "perfect" set up for me I came across the CURT harness that T's into the factory trailer connector so I'll be using that to tap into the wires so I dont cut into the factory harness. Hopefully my pickyness leaves me some options. If you use anything can you post some pictures for me? Thanks

Threesuns1

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Have you seen these on Amazon?

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Don't know if you are aware of this compilation. Lot of other member's experiences.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Don't know if you are aware of this compilation. Lot of other member's experiences.
I was not aware but I will dive into it when I get more time thanks

CharlieP

Reaction score
I Used the ZroadZ lights you can see them but they are super bright--sorry no Pictures

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Pics and info in link: LINK

I've since removed the zip ties and they're as solid as ever a year later. I prefer the LUYED type since they're basically invisible unless you know they're there or they're on.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I had been looking at my reverse lightning situation more closely since following this (and other similar) thread(s), and while it's not quite as bright as I'd like it to be, it's sufficient.

Was starting to wonder how people are disappointed enough to go through the trouble of sticking more lights on. Then I realized, the MY22's come with that mini LED light bar underneath the tailgate handle. It doesn't project out, but as you get closer to things, it lights them up good. I honestly didn't expect that to help with reversing but it totally does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/