5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Night Edition Tow Hooks

x50

Reaction score
I saw some black tow hooks in the Mopar accessory catalog. Has anyone added tow hooks to their Night edition Big Horn or Laramie?

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
I saw some black tow hooks in the Mopar accessory catalog. Has anyone added tow hooks to their Night edition Big Horn or Laramie?
Yeah... 1000's of us... It's a very easy upgrade.
What is your question?

Kovy23

Reaction score
Took me about an hour overall, but I also took off my plastic valance and my active air dam as it gave me a lot more room and kept them off it gives me a little more clearance. Pretty simple 4 bolts and the plastic outlines.

Brunzca

Reaction score
If anyone is looking for the OEM Mopar black tow hooks (part# 82215268AB left and right kit )and bezel kit (part# 68274701AB), I picked up both from allmoparparts.com for $192.
Thanks for this! I’ve seen some folks paint their hooks - any tips for that? I.e - if I want to change color, do I need to sand to metal? Or just to rough? Then repaint, spray with 2K and mount?

x50

Reaction score
Thanks for this! I’ve seen some folks paint their hooks - any tips for that? I.e - if I want to change color, do I need to sand to metal? Or just to rough? Then repaint, spray with 2K and mount?
I'm not sure. My truck didn't come with any. I just got them yesterday. The paint looks like a thick powder coat.

PXL_20211212_175536343.jpg

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I painted the hooks on my previous truck. I rubbed them down with a scotch brite pad before painting them. The paint held up fine for two winters, then I traded that truck in.

Brunzca

Reaction score
I'm not sure. My truck didn't come with any. I just got them yesterday. The paint looks like a thick powder coat.

View attachment 113671

I painted the hooks on my previous truck. I rubbed them down with a scotch brite pad before painting them. The paint held up fine for two winters, then I traded that truck in.

Thanks, guys. Mine didn't come with them, either. So, I'm thinking about getting them, but I probably want to paint them if I do.

x50

Reaction score
Thanks, guys. Mine didn't come with them, either. So, I'm thinking about getting them, but I probably want to paint them if I do.
Definitely get the black ones then as they will be easier to paint than the chrome ones.

jgmac98

Reaction score
Added them to mine too. Used Plasti-Dip to paint them Red, looks really sharp. Also bought the bezel kit. Took maybe 1 hour to install. Will be interesting to see how the plasti-dip holds ups, but I like it enough that if I ever have to re-apply it I may just get them done in red Line-x.

Reactions: x50

Brunzca

Reaction score
If anyone is thinking of buying these.. DO NOT try to buy online from Chrysler Jeep Dodge City of McKinney…. They are advertising part 82215268AB at a discount off MSRP (around $126+ shipping). I ordered, but a couple hours later, got an email saying that that part was “no longer available”, and they would have to order the parts separately, so need a credit card, to charge me $50 more. (Their website, even now, still offers it for sale at the discounted price)

Yeah, no.. I’ve contacted Ram Cares, and waiting on a response. I have no issue paying full price, but not after they offer it for the lesser price, then contact me and offer a different product, for more $. That’s the definition of bait and switch.

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If anyone is thinking of buying these.. DO NOT try to buy online from Chrysler Jeep Dodge City of McKinney…. They are advertising part 82215268AB at a discount off MSRP (around $126+ shipping). I ordered, but a couple hours later, got an email saying that that part was “no longer available”, and they would have to order the parts separately, so need a credit card, to charge me $50 more. (Their website, even now, still offers it for sale at the discounted price)

Yeah, no.. I’ve contacted Ram Cares, and waiting on a response. I have no issue paying full price, but not after they offer it for the lesser price, then contact me and offer a different product, for more $. That’s the definition of bait and switch.
Thanks for calling them out! I hate this crap.

Brunzca

Reaction score
So.. Ram Cares responded and just said “we suggest you keep working with the dealer, as that part is no longer available.” No addressing of the bait and switch, at all.

I’ve now requested that they (the dealer) refund my payment, but had no response that for almost 24 hours.

So.. I’m looking at alternatives, in the meantime.

Has anyone bought these off EBay? I don’t see a brand name, they are around $120, here’s a pic, they are advertised as a direct replacement.

Attachments

• 9FA4007B-57C0-40A4-A73A-A94132504224.png
    9FA4007B-57C0-40A4-A73A-A94132504224.png
    257.1 KB · Views: 24

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So.. Ram Cares responded and just said “we suggest you keep working with the dealer, as that part is no longer available.” No addressing of the bait and switch, at all.

I’ve now requested that they (the dealer) refund my payment, but had no response that for almost 24 hours.

So.. I’m looking at alternatives, in the meantime.

Has anyone bought these off EBay? I don’t see a brand name, they are around $120, here’s a pic, they are advertised as a direct replacement.
I've seen one or two reviews on those, complaining about the finish being substandard. I suppose if you're planning to paint them, that might not be a big deal.

Users who are viewing this thread