5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

Pjmracing152

Reaction score
Have the Fox shocks from the Mopar kit. HUGE improvement over stock. Stock was a nice ride, one of the best ones I’ve had in a truck. The Fox shocks took it to a whole new level. Much more firmer ride and the truck handles better. The Fox shocks rebound better where I felt the stock shocks you bounced around a little more.

I then added the BFG KO2s and it got even better.

They really shine when going over speed bumps or railroad tracks. You don’t feel as much slop as the stock shocks.
Awesome! I just put the BFGs on about 5k miles ago. Im thinking the Mopar kit with fox shocks since its Mopar branded and comes with a warranty.

Bigdumps

Reaction score
I would be very interested to hear if the rake was eliminated. Because when mine was installed, putting the rear spacers on would have raised the rear to retain the rake. The way my truck sits now without the rear spacers it’s dead level (maybe an 1/8” difference from front to back).

Thats why I think people do the ORP conversion out front to get that extra inch to eliminate the rake when the spacers are installed out back.
I'm absolutely certain you're right. That's why I asked them if they had the ORP springs in stock. Which they do. Lol
I don't want to eliminate the rear spacer, then it's just a super expensive level. But I also don't want over .5"-1" of rake

cervelo15

Reaction score
I'm absolutely certain you're right. That's why I asked them if they had the ORP springs in stock. Which they do. Lol
I don't want to eliminate the rear spacer, then it's just a super expensive level. But I also don't want over .5"-1" of rake
Yep, I agree. Once the install was underway, I felt misled by some of the posts saying there was no rake with this kit. I think earlier iterations of the kit, the rake was real ugly and a TSB was supposed to address the enormous rake by installing a spacer somewhere near the front strut spring perch. The later kits already were aleready designed to address this.

I despise rake and I feel now after the fact, yes, it was probably an expensive level. But the majority of the cost was the Fox shocks and the UCAs, which I did use. Only parts left over are spacers and brackets, so those might amount to not even $200. Fox shocks are the best, so I probably Would have spent the same or more if I pieced kit together with the shocks and aftermarket UCAs.

Im aleeady looking at helper springs to install to combat rear end sag when towing or hauling. I hear that keeping those bags inflated does raise the rear end a bit, so it’s like having an adjustable rake when you need it. Problem solved!

RedWhite&PatriotBlue

Reaction score
Yep, I agree. Once the install was underway, I felt misled by some of the posts saying there was no rake with this kit. I think earlier iterations of the kit, the rake was real ugly and a TSB was supposed to address the enormous rake by installing a spacer somewhere near the front strut spring perch. The later kits already were aleready designed to address this.

I despise rake and I feel now after the fact, yes, it was probably an expensive level. But the majority of the cost was the Fox shocks and the UCAs, which I did use. Only parts left over are spacers and brackets, so those might amount to not even $200. Fox shocks are the best, so I probably Would have spent the same or more if I pieced kit together with the shocks and aftermarket UCAs.

Im aleeady looking at helper springs to install to combat rear end sag when towing or hauling. I hear that keeping those bags inflated does raise the rear end a bit, so it’s like having an adjustable rake when you need it. Problem solved!
You need air bags because [insert dramatic pause] you have no rake :LOL::ROFLMAO:

cervelo15

Reaction score
You need air bags because [insert dramatic pause] you have no rake :LOL::ROFLMAO:
Ha yeah, and having the truck level far outweighed retaining rake. Every Time I walked out to the garage admire my truck, the rake bothered me. That’s my OCD acting out.

Only thing I haul is bikes, or luggage when traveling. I don’t tow (yet), but figure I may as well pony up and put some helper springs on shortly in prep for the days whenn I will start.

cervelo15

Reaction score
How do you like the BFG’s?.. What size you go with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love them….not gonna lie, you know they are there, it feels firmer but more planted. But in a good way. I’m going to go as far to make a bold statement and say they are a plusher ride.

I’m still playing with tire pressure and want to do a more thorough chalk test on the tires to make sure I’m getting the best contact patch of the tread. But so far it’s been comfortable.

An interesting side effect I noticed when backing into the garage tonight is because of the increased ply rating, it absorbs the bumps more.

RedWhite&PatriotBlue

Reaction score
Ha yeah, and having the truck level far outweighed retaining rake. Every Time I walked out to the garage admire my truck, the rake bothered me. That’s my OCD acting out.

Only thing I haul is bikes, or luggage when traveling. I don’t tow (yet), but figure I may as well pony up and put some helper springs on shortly in prep for the days whenn I will start.
I get it, I'm giving you a hard time. I'm an engineer and understand why the Mopar engineers left rake in the lifts. My brother has a DS Ram with 4" lift and I gave him endless snickers and sneers when he was nose high with a bed full of furniture.

The other thing for me is any truly leveled truck looks nose high to me. I think a 1" rake actually looks better, and can't put my finger on the design lines of the truck, but swear they designed it to look better with a rake. May just be my eyes though 🤷‍♂️

Pjmracing152

Reaction score
Love them….not gonna lie, you know they are there, it feels firmer but more planted. But in a good way. I’m going to go as far to make a bold statement and say they are a plusher ride.

I’m still playing with tire pressure and want to do a more thorough chalk test on the tires to make sure I’m getting the best contact patch of the tread. But so far it’s been comfortable.

An interesting side effect I noticed when backing into the garage tonight is because of the increased ply rating, it absorbs the bumps more.
I sent mine at 36psi cold per the door and it made a huge difference. Any lower, i was seeing tear marks on the tires and they were a bit noisier.

cervelo15

Reaction score
I get it, I'm giving you a hard time. I'm an engineer and understand why the Mopar engineers left rake in the lifts. My brother has a DS Ram with 4" lift and I gave him endless snickers and sneers when he was nose high with a bed full of furniture.

The other thing for me is any truly leveled truck looks nose high to me. I think a 1" rake actually looks better, and can't put my finger on the design lines of the truck, but swear they designed it to look better with a rake. May just be my eyes though 🤷‍♂️
You know, there is something to what you said about a leveled truck looking nose high. I noticed that the day I picked it up. I rushed to a level parking lot to take pictures and noticed the front visually looked a smidge high.

But I measured after a short period of time in my garage and the front was lower. I can go out and grab measurements if anyone is interested.

cervelo15

Reaction score
I sent mine at 36psi cold per the door and it made a huge difference. Any lower, i was seeing tear marks on the tires and they were a bit noisier.
Interesting. I ran 40 psi in my previous Laramie on highway tires, despite the door placard and it rode nice and had no issues with wear. I did start at 38 with these but it’s hovering somewhere between 38-40. I’m hoping to get out this week in my development and do a thorough chalk test to make sure Im good.

I also look at the tread when the truck rests in the garage and so far, I can see the outside lugs contacting the cement at the lowest point of the tire (at the bottom where the bulge is) as well as the center tread portion. So I think i got a good contact patch going so far.

Pjmracing152

Reaction score
Interesting. I ran 40 psi in my previous Laramie on highway tires, despite the door placard and it rode nice and had no issues with wear. I did start at 38 with these but it’s hovering somewhere between 38-40. I’m hoping to get out this week in my development and do a thorough chalk test to make sure Im good.

I also look at the tread when the truck rests in the garage and so far, I can see the outside lugs contacting the cement at the lowest point of the tire (at the bottom where the bulge is) as well as the center tread portion. So I think i got a good contact patch going so far.
Starting at 36, here in CA it runs close to 39-40 once im moving.

Clyde

Reaction score
Hello guys I have a 2020 ram 1500 Laramie with Mopar lift and 295 /60 r20 with fuel -18 rims….Ever time I go around curve my traction control light comes on and my truck slows down ….Took to dealership and could fig out what was going on….Has anyone else had this problem ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/IMG]
8970608e7fbc357e258ac0f4923a3275.jpg
Hey Goddard ,
Did you ever get to the bottom of this?

Bigdumps

Reaction score
Here it is. Mopar lift AD kit. No ORP springs.
Looking at it now, I feel like ORP springs might make it appear nose high
Tires are 285/55/22 Toyo at3s

2022 Ram Sport GT non ORP night edition. Love the look, ride quality is amazing even with the bigger tires.
The Mopar cat back exhaust is fantastic growl and tone when you hit it. But still quiet when just cruising.

Couldn't be happier with how it turned out. Have OEM Laramie flares getting painted for it right now, and the silver GT decals being replaced with matte black ones next week.

Attachments

• PXL_20211207_172851734.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20211207_172851734.PORTRAIT.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 264

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

2022 Ram Sport GT non ORP night edition. Love the look, ride quality is amazing even with the bigger tires.
The Mopar cat back exhaust is fantastic growl and tone when you hit it. But still quiet when just cruising.

Couldn't be happier with how it turned out. Have OEM Laramie flares getting painted for it right now, and the silver GT decals being replaced with matte black ones next week.
Looks good! Any rubbing? Your rear end looks taller than stock. Did you add a spacer? Do you have any pics from the front and rear to see if the tires poke out? I didn't think the stock Night Edition 22's would look good with an AT tire, but the 34's look perfect with that wheel.

Bigdumps

Reaction score
Looks good! Any rubbing? Your rear end looks taller than stock. Did you add a spacer? Do you have any pics from the front and rear to see if the tires poke out? I didn't think the stock Night Edition 22's would look good with an AT tire, but the 34's look perfect with that wheel.
There's a slight rub at full lock on the wheel liner.
The rear spacer is the 2" Mopar spacer that comes the the kit.

I'm really liking the look and ride quality.

Attachments

• PXL_20211207_201925881.jpg
    PXL_20211207_201925881.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 165
  • PXL_20211207_201910437.jpg
    PXL_20211207_201910437.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 166

N8Dog

Reaction score
There's a slight rub at full lock on the wheel liner.
The rear spacer is the 2" Mopar spacer that comes the the kit.

I'm really liking the look and ride quality.
Does anyone know for sure if this AD kit will fit on a ‘19 Laramie crew cab? I don’t see why it wouldn’t. Also did you paint your tail lights or is that a cover?

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Does anyone know for sure if this AD kit will fit on a ‘19 Laramie crew cab? I don’t see why it wouldn’t. Also did you paint your tail lights or is that a cover?
Those are stock Night Edition taillights. I went a step further.

20210918_204034.jpg

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Looks good! Doesn't appear nose high to me at all.

Bigdumps

Reaction score
Looks good! Doesn't appear nose high to me at all.
Yea, I'm really glad I didn't preemptively put the ORP springs in the front. The standard kit works perfectly. Ride quality is better than stock. Still smooth, no breaking loose over tracks. Very comfortable. Even with the big tires.

Users who are viewing this thread