5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Dodge Thread

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Imagine ordering in June and not being in D1 yet. 😛
Imagine ordering in June, built unacceptably WRONG in late October! And had to reorder early November! Currently in “D” with supposed build date of 12/13

scottlieb

Reaction score
Glad your truck arrived intact even with the added option of bug guts....happen to know the code for that option? LOL!

I planning to travel to pick up my truck when/if it arrives at MD. I realize road hazards can happen to me on the return trip just as they could happen on a hauler. My concern is to inspect the truck for manufacturing issues like missing options, misalignment of doors, ramboxes, tailgate etc. I realize I'm being a little overzealous but what that hell, I'm retired and have the time and enjoy a road trip. May go through Biloxi to win some money for more add-ons!

Plus I want to personally shake Aaron's hand.
I'd normally be all in for a road trip, but for me its 22hours. Between busy work schedule and 3 young kids, thats just too long.

As for manufacturing issues, I figured anything major would have been caught by MD or visible in the pictures they sent - or would be a warranty item that I'd probably not elect to delay my return for and just fix at home.

I only got it last night but i have driven it 30 miles so far today.. no complaints whatsoever.. only issue I see is that it seems like the smaller MFT door rattles when it closes... and by rattle I mean it literally sounds like there's a random screw laying inside the door cavity that jumps around when the door is slammed shut... ill have to take a closer look over the weekend.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd normally be all in for a road trip, but for me its 22hours. Between busy work schedule and 3 young kids, thats just too long.

As for manufacturing issues, I figured anything major would have been caught by MD or visible in the pictures they sent - or would be a warranty item that I'd probably not elect to delay my return for and just fix at home.

I only got it last night but i have driven it 30 miles so far today.. no complaints whatsoever.. only issue I see is that it seems like the smaller MFT door rattles when it closes... and by rattle I mean it literally sounds like there's a random screw laying inside the door cavity that jumps around when the door is slammed shut... ill have to take a closer look over the weekend.
Yeah, I’d rethink it if I was in your situation. For me time isn’t an issue and my wife and I will just make it a fun road trip and swing by to see some relatives on the way back. I’m sure you are right about MD noticing anything wrong but I’m unsure of the local dealers and if something is wrong the best chance to get it resolved is before I sign on the dotted line.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So you get 2 trucks built and I can't get one! Keep rubbing it in!! :ROFLMAO:😜
Yeah, more like I ordered two trucks, one built wrong and waiting on the other. Not really sure what is worse…..I waited a Looong time for the first one and then was completely bushwhacked when it was built without the ordered options! So really not much to rub in! :ROFLMAO:

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score
So my truck is suppose to get picked up today original date was Wednesday. It seems they waited (trucking company) for more trucks to be on one delivery bed. New date is Sunday. But who else’s truck is getting picked up today and coming up north east? I’m outside of philly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score
If you live in the northeast. Just make arrangements to pick the truck up. A lot less disappointment will be involved

Hasti17

Reaction score
If you live in the northeast. Just make arrangements to pick the truck up. A lot less disappointment will be involved

WAYYYY ahead of you. No better way to tourist than in a brand new laramie cross country

Derek916

Reaction score
So my truck is suppose to get picked up today original date was Wednesday. It seems they waited (trucking company) for more trucks to be on one delivery bed. New date is Sunday. But who else’s truck is getting picked up today and coming up north east? I’m outside of philly

What is roughly the cost per mile for transporting?

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score
What is roughly the cost per mile for transporting?

I’m paying 1.03 a mile. They quoted me fr 900 when I ordered but now I’m at 1500. With three cancellations in between that price with the price going up from 900 -1100-1200 -1300 now 1500. Each time drive just never picked it up.

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score
How many miles are were on the truck when delivered?

Users who are viewing this thread