5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Ldc2335

Reaction score
Nice! I’m thinking the same thing with your rear infinity 6x9’s. I replaced the dash corners with infinity and the front doors with CDT, and I only have to go up one notch to achieve the same loudness feel (not measured with db meter though). I hope those CDT rears work out well. Let me know what happens
Got the CDT HD-690SEX installed in the rear doors! Fixed all the issues I was having. I think the higher impedance of the Infinity was killing the amp's power, and their very high sensitivity rating was causing them to scream at me over the front CDTs.

Volume level and front/rear balance is all restored and they sound really clean.

My next project is the rear wall sound deadening. Also thought about installing real crossovers on the dash infinity speakers that i have left over from a Jbl component set.

I'm going to make a thread on all this when I'm done.
39b2e66c7bfacc9583d13ade5f86d173.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk

GadgetMason

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Blaster Surface Shield undercoating. (Did it yesterday actually)
Like Fluid Film, but supposedly lasts 2 years and doesnt totally wash off from water spray.

A bit messy, and would be super easy with a lift.
I used the little ramps to get some working room.
Was kinda a PITA, but cheap piece of mind.

Since I support this being a picture thread, heres a picture of my greasy undercarriage.
View attachment 112209
Just went over mine with blaster also. Ramps too!

Saddlerocker

Reaction score
eed9fea009531a61c7430ce131ca5c22.jpg

Best picture I could get the sun at that spot were it just get a bad glare.
f628a5e53a81a4212c39091a7d13624b.jpg
Do you have to remove the active air dam if you remove the lower lip?
Does it stand out too much if you don't remove it?
Or it just wouldnt work right after removing the valance?
I would like to remove the lower valance, but I wasnt planning to remove the automatic air dam.

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you have to remove the active air dam if you remove the lower lip?
Does it stand out too much if you don't remove it?
Or it just wouldnt work right after removing the valance?
I would like to remove the lower valance, but I wasnt planning to remove the automatic air dam.

You have to remove the active air dam. It stands out and looks horrible. It probably wouldn’t work either. It would have a gap on top and bottom of it.

I also been keeping my eyes Out. Yesterday I noticed two other ram. Slowing to a right turn while I was at a traffic light. The active air dam hangs about two inches lower then the lower valance from what I could tell. I could see it raise back up when they were making the turn.

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Blaster Surface Shield undercoating. (Did it yesterday actually)
Like Fluid Film, but supposedly lasts 2 years and doesnt totally wash off from water spray.

A bit messy, and would be super easy with a lift.
I used the little ramps to get some working room.
Was kinda a PITA, but cheap piece of mind.

Since I support this being a picture thread, heres a picture of my greasy undercarriage.
View attachment 112209

Thanks for posting. I didn’t know of this product. How many cans did you end up using.

Saddlerocker

Reaction score
Thanks for posting. I didn’t know of this product. How many cans did you end up using.
I used 4 cans, but could have probably used 5.
This was my first time spraying an undercoat product so I got a case of 6 cans on Amazon.
Also bought the spray gun can attachments that make it a little easier.
If you google Blaster Surface Shield you will see the video from a guy who does great reviews on the different undercoating products.

Saddlerocker

Reaction score
You have to remove the active air dam. It stands out and looks horrible. It probably wouldn’t work either. It would have a gap on top and bottom of it.

I also been keeping my eyes Out. Yesterday I noticed two other ram. Slowing to a right turn while I was at a traffic light. The active air dam hangs about two inches lower then the lower valance from what I could tell. I could see it raise back up when they were making the turn.
Interesting. Thank you

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got back from Aspen and immediately washed it due to sand they put down for the snow and ice. Then installed my Mopar bed step lol

Attachments

• 80BC8C29-FD1B-4E7F-B43D-66D3576F207A.jpeg
    80BC8C29-FD1B-4E7F-B43D-66D3576F207A.jpeg
    226.8 KB · Views: 147
  • B54933CF-E615-4697-AE9E-C01FFA94DEE3.jpeg
    B54933CF-E615-4697-AE9E-C01FFA94DEE3.jpeg
    158.9 KB · Views: 146

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Had all 4 Bilstein's installed on Tuesday, then finally got around to installing my Mishimoto catch can today.
As far as the level, had shop set to 4th setting to retain just a bit of rake. With the ORP, 5th ring is pushing it, and am trying to avoid nose up when hauling.
Loving the stance, truck rides better than stock, for real.
May look into a UCA upgrade in front and spring lift in back in the future. But am pleased for now.

Catch can, took about 30 minutes to install. Stock tube was so oily (8k+ on odometer) upon removal.
Simple upgrade, feeling positive of its benefits seeing all that oil come out of that tube.

Was hoping to give her a wash today, but weather has been crappy...so, may go look for somewhere to go play in the dirt and test out the Bilstein's. Happy Sunday everyone! 🤙

Attachments

• Resized_20211123_144651.jpg
    Resized_20211123_144651.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 137
  • Resized_20211123_144658.jpg
    Resized_20211123_144658.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 140
  • Resized_20211128_120007.jpg
    Resized_20211128_120007.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 131
  • Resized_20211128_115942.jpg
    Resized_20211128_115942.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 136

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Had all 4 Bilstein's installed on Tuesday, then finally got around to installing my Mishimoto catch can today.
As far as the level, had shop set to 4th setting to retain just a bit of rake. With the ORP, 5th ring is pushing it, and am trying to avoid nose up when hauling.
Loving the stance, truck rides better than stock, for real.
May look into a UCA upgrade in front and spring lift in back in the future. But am pleased for now.

Catch can, took about 30 minutes to install. Stock tube was so oily (8k+ on odometer) upon removal.
Simple upgrade, feeling positive of its benefits seeing all that oil come out of that tube.

Was hoping to give her a wash today, but weather has been crappy...so, may go look for somewhere to go play in the dirt and test out the Bilstein's. Happy Sunday everyone! 🤙
My BTS with front Bilstein set on 4th setting is 1/2" higher in rear measuring to bottom of fender flares. 40" front, 40.5" rear with 275/65/20 tires. When I hauled my ATVs down to my parents yesterday, first time towing since level) the rear end sagged enough to be noticably lower than front. Not horrible, but it was noticable to me. And that was just two ATVs, Raptor 660 and Trailblazer 250 on a 6x12 trailer

DeV

Reaction score
Also threw in the new vanity LEDs from Diode Dynamics this weekend (pic is comparison pic for the new driver side vs old passenger side)...these things are bright...I think I could have gone with the single diode bulbs...

When installing the passenger side, I actually turned the bulbs slightly to the right so that I'm not blinded if the passenger flips it open while I'm driving

Attachments

• 20211123_185003.jpg
    20211123_185003.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 120

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My BTS with front Bilstein set on 4th setting is 1/2" higher in rear measuring to bottom of fender flares. 40" front, 40.5" rear with 275/65/20 tires. When I hauled my ATVs down to my parents yesterday, first time towing since level) the rear end sagged enough to be noticably lower than front. Not horrible, but it was noticable to me. And that was just two ATVs, Raptor 660 and Trailblazer 250 on a 6x12 trailer
Yeah, I sit about 3/4 inch difference from rear to front.
Need to recheck it, because when I last measured, seems I gained a half inch in the back. Was 39 3/4, now am 40 1/4. Truck had some rake to it, but I think the 6’4” bed accentuates the rake. And I got some weight on and in my bed in regard to cargo management.
Have yet to haul anything considerable, so will document that when it happens and update.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Today I just unloaded it from the trip to my parents house yesterday for our family vacation dinner. Two ATVs on my trailer, helmets and other riding gear, and two coolers full of the deer meat from the deer I got two weeks ago during rifle season here

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Also threw in the new vanity LEDs from Diode Dynamics this weekend (pic is comparison pic for the new driver side vs old passenger side)...these things are bright...I think I could have gone with the single diode bulbs...

When installing the passenger side, I actually turned the bulbs slightly to the right so that I'm not blinded if the passenger flips it open while I'm driving
Those are hilariously bright I think you should use em to blind your passengers 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread