5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The obligatory intro!

apiazza

Reaction score
Hey all,

New to the site. Last few years I've rotated through some vehicles. Had a 4th gen ram tradesman express that I had lifted/leveled and on new wheels and tires. Loved that truck. Ultimately traded it in for a 2020 4runner for the extra space for the family. That was setup on 3" lift and was a great toy, but really missed having a truck and any towing capability for hauling. Traded that in for a 2019 big horn with 31k miles that is bone stock.

Trying to decide the route I'm going with the truck because I clearly can't leave well enough alone!

Looking forward to seeing what the 5th gen has in store for me.

Attachments

• IMG_20190712_120415_651.jpg
    IMG_20190712_120415_651.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 20210613_084837.jpg
    20210613_084837.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 20211101_175545.jpg
    20211101_175545.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 38

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome! Seems like you enjoy modding, so I think it’s worth saying that most of the factory options can be added later. It won’t be cheap for you to add cameras because you don’t have the required DASM on your bighorn. However, many have added things like 12” infotainment center, new DASM (and windshield), cameras, ventilated seats, heated steering wheel, lane assist, LED lights, etc. there’s a bunch of threads on here about all that stuff if you’re interested.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome. Obviously the first thing you have to do is get rid of the house shoes and find that truck a pair of work boots.

apiazza

Reaction score
Welcome! Seems like you enjoy modding, so I think it’s worth saying that most of the factory options can be added later. It won’t be cheap for you to add cameras because you don’t have the required DASM on your bighorn. However, many have added things like 12” infotainment center, new DASM (and windshield), cameras, ventilated seats, heated steering wheel, lane assist, LED lights, etc. there’s a bunch of threads on here about all that stuff if you’re interested.
I typically don't go too crazy electronics. I know trying to add factory features gets pricey. The one I might look at is the trailer brake controller. So I can use the clean slide on the dash.
Welcome. Obviously the first thing you have to do is get rid of the house shoes and find that truck a pair of work boots.
These nexans are pretty bad. 32k miles and pretty worn already. I'm struggling with size and wheel setup still. I'm not a big chrome guy but this patriot blue looks good with it....so not sure. Might run factory wheels with a good spacer and bigger A/T tires. It's going to get leveled at minimum but might do mild lift and lever like I've done in the past.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

LoNeStAr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome. The trailer brake controller is a super easy add. Good luck with the new build!

apiazza

Reaction score
Welcome! That 4Runner looks sweet!
Thanks. Had a lot of fun building for the last year and a half. It was a total slug pulling my 6x10 trailer and the truck bed makes transporting dirt bikes a lot easier. I would keep both if I could afford it. Maybe one day.

Crawpapa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome! I had a 2009 Tacoma that I did a lot to, and then traded up for a 2019 Longhorn. I love doing things to my vehicles, but not sure what I want to do to this one. I’ll be watching to see what setup you go with.

apiazza

Reaction score
Welcome! I had a 2009 Tacoma that I did a lot to, and then traded up for a 2019 Longhorn. I love doing things to my vehicles, but not sure what I want to do to this one. I’ll be watching to see what setup you go with.
I'm thinking 2" leveling struts, factory ORP rear springs to maintain some rake, upgraded shocks in the back for length and probably sumo helper springs...the helpers will wait to see how it handles the rest with trailer and load in the bed.

For now going to stick with factory chrome wheels but likely will add the smallest spacer I can manage within cutting studs and 34"ish A/T tires.

Users who are viewing this thread