5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I need your expert opinions…. Build is in at dealership

NRitland2

Reaction score
Obviously a transliteration of the contract ("wants" (sic) instead of "once"). But, if the above quote conveys the gist of the agreement, you entered into a voluntary civil contract to "pay in full and take retail delivery within three days". Yet, you want to violate that contract by paying affiliate pricing, not "retail delivery". (You may be able to debate the meaning of "retail delivery".)

I'm glad the dealer voluntarily relented on holding you to the terms of it. You got lucky.

Next time...read the contract, understand the contract (take it to a lawyer if you don't), modify the contract to have it reflect your position, and realize that as much as you'd expect the dealer to be held to his side of a contract...you are held to your side. Then, and only then, should you sign the contract.

Contract law is one of the fundamental building blocks of our entire legal system.
It wasn’t voluntary. The wording of retail delivery is very subjective to me. I’m not backing away from the fact that I should’ve done much more research before signing and placing the order. I was fully ready and willing to walk away from the deposit and after a conversation I was shown the poc and invoice price. they’re going to accept the affiliate pricing plus incentives to get me in the truck. You are right I did get lucky when it came down to it.

I went over to see the truck today and I have to say the 2022s are just gorgeous

NRitland2

Reaction score
Wow, you gave them a deposit and did not settle on a max price? Just open ended "we'll bend you over when it gets here"?

Sorry. I do not leave anything open ended in a contract. Note they didn't leave the part about the down payment as an open ended item.

I went to Criswell. This was a month before everyone stopped cutting discounts and I was at 21% below msrp. They locked the price in writing. Shortly afterwards I read they stopped offering forum discounts and some of the other discounts. I called them and was told, it was locked and they had to honor it, not to worry. They honored it. No fuss. When I did it the salesman agreed that any additional discounts that may come up would apply but that was killed with the shortage. I believe they would have though as they searched discounts I was not aware of and applied them at the time.

I guess now it is all on Mark Dodge from what I have read. I hope you work it out but going forward, get it in writing. I would get the quote from Mark prior to going to your current dealer to see if it is worth walking from the $1k. If you only broke even, I would walk on principal.
You are completely right and you live in learn. It’s going to end up working out in the end. Sometimes you need to be fully prepared to walk away if they’re going to strong-arm you.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I am glad it worked out!

Also to remember, you need to be happy with the price you pay. I do see threads asking if a price is good from people. That is very subjective. A lot depends on the market in your location.

It really depends on you. I have a 2004 Town Car I drive too. I love the thing. I have spent way more in repairs and upgrades than the car is worth. Is that a bad deal? Not to me. I like the car and enjoy it. Sure, I could buy a newer Continental and have much more luxury. But then I would have a payment. Now I just make a payment when I want to modify something or a repair is needed. I like my giant land yacht so it is worth it to me. Plus Lincoln quit making cars for 2022.

Enjoy the truck!

NRitland2

Reaction score
I am glad it worked out!

Also to remember, you need to be happy with the price you pay. I do see threads asking if a price is good from people. That is very subjective. A lot depends on the market in your location.

It really depends on you. I have a 2004 Town Car I drive too. I love the thing. I have spent way more in repairs and upgrades than the car is worth. Is that a bad deal? Not to me. I like the car and enjoy it. Sure, I could buy a newer Continental and have much more luxury. But then I would have a payment. Now I just make a payment when I want to modify something or a repair is needed. I like my giant land yacht so it is worth it to me. Plus Lincoln quit making cars for 2022.

Enjoy the truck!
I appreciate this Whisky! I feel like that gets lost in the “I got the most off msrp” race in some threads. I think finding a price that you’re comfortable with in a vehicle that you like is all that matters in the end.

After getting in the truck today with my daughter and my wife… we
made the right decision going with a Dodge ram

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I appreciate this Whisky! I feel like that gets lost in the “I got the most off msrp” race in some threads. I think finding a price that you’re comfortable with in a vehicle that you like is all that matters in the end.

After getting in the truck today with my daughter and my wife… we
made the right decision going with a Dodge ram
pictures please.
I would like to see the grill

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Great pix.

And, on a personal note, I've gotta let you know, I have a woman's footwear fetish which is quite powerful. That second shot, with your significant other totally obscured, except for those smoking hot Uggs? Yeah, that pic is a winner.

;)

C'mon, seriously: that's a funny photo. Great truck, but we may need to pass the hat and get you some framing and lighting lessons. :) :)

NRitland2

Reaction score
Great pix.

And, on a personal note, I've gotta let you know, I have a woman's footwear fetish which is quite powerful. That second shot, with your significant other totally obscured, except for those smoking hot Uggs? Yeah, that pic is a winner.

;)

C'mon, seriously: that's a funny photo. Great truck, but we may need to pass the hat and get you some framing and lighting lessons. :) :)
Brilliant! This made me spit water.

I promise to up my game once the truck is home. In my defense these were quick shots from the dealer and one when we went to see it yesterday. Pretty sad though for someone who took several photography courses in college 🤦‍♂️

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Brilliant! This made me spit water.

I promise to up my game once the truck is home. In my defense these were quick shots from the dealer and one when we went to see it yesterday. Pretty sad though for someone who took several photography courses in college 🤦‍♂️
So..... you're saying she's up for the foot photo shoot?

😂😁

Users who are viewing this thread