5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Continental Terrain Contact A/T

BNeal

Reaction score
Only 18k miles on my Limited with the stock '22's and they are already down to the wear-bars. Would like something a little more aggressive than the stock tires, but don't want to sacrifice too much in terms of noise and mileage. Any opinions on the Continental A/T's? Also open to other suggestions.

Thx!

Johnny_H

Reaction score
285/45/R22 Continental Terrain Contact AT - Stock 22'' Replacement

I have the HTs. Just a less aggressive, more highway tire and better in winter. You will be happy with either. I’ve had mine for 8,000 miles probably 1,000 was towing and I’m down about 1-2/32. Zero regrets. First real blizzard was last week and was towing all sorts of vehicles thru 12-16 inches of snow. Awesome on gravel and quiet as the stock in highway.

9f0de6c66070129e12367e12d34674e0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I also have the HT's, I agree they are great tires with great wet and snow traction. I was going to get the AT's but the HT's are rated better for snow and ice probably because they have a lot more sipping.

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve worked in the tire industry for 38 years … Continental is a C level tire at best … They bought General, and they weren’t much better …. Michelin is the cream of the crop, but they don’t play in the AT and MT markets …. They bought BFG, and they leave that to them …. Cooper is a solid B choice in almost any category …. Bridgestone is a B+, and Firestone is their crappy lil sister …. Falken has made great strides …. Nitto and Toyo are solid B choices as well …. That’s my professional opinion

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve worked in the tire industry for 38 years … Continental is a C level tire at best … They bought General, and they weren’t much better …. Michelin is the cream of the crop, but they don’t play in the AT and MT markets …. They bought BFG, and they leave that to them …. Cooper is a solid B choice in almost any category …. Bridgestone is a B+, and Firestone is their crappy lil sister …. Falken has made great strides …. Nitto and Toyo are solid B choices as well …. That’s my professional opinion

I agree the Michelin's are good tires, I've ran at least 4 sets of the MS2's on other trucks and SUV's but I give a slight edge to the Continentals in Traction, also the last set started to chunk around 40K miles. I don't know all the reviews I've scene in the past 10 years have both General and Continental towards the top.

BNeal

Reaction score
So, I wound up going with the AT's. No discernible difference in road noise, and rides as good, if not better than stock tires. And they look way better than stock as well. All is good!

1638049085055.png
1638049111184.png

Last edited:

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have used Continental tires on sedans and they are great. For the truck the AT looks good but only comes in small. No 35x12.5 available that I can see. Too bad or I'd give them a shot.

Johnny_H

Reaction score
Congrats! Those do look amazing and I have no doubt you will be happy with them. I’d love to hear your opinion on them after a few thousand km.

I’ll be sticking with Continentals for sure when my HTs wear out - given some lifestyle changes (new cabin and more hunting/towing) I will probably stick with the HTs but will strongly consider switching to the ATs depending on what life looks like in a couple years.

BNeal

Reaction score
Put about 70 miles on the new Continental AT's today. The truck seems to steer much more smoothly and corners without the roll of the Goodyear Eagles. The cornering is where I notice the most improvement. If the first 70 miles is any indication of the long-haul ahead, I highly recommend these tires!

tdager

Reaction score
Put about 70 miles on the new Continental AT's today. The truck seems to steer much more smoothly and corners without the roll of the Goodyear Eagles. The cornering is where I notice the most improvement. If the first 70 miles is any indication of the long-haul ahead, I highly recommend these tires!
When you get a chance, will you post pics of the truck with the new tires?

tdager

Reaction score
You didn't see post #10? :rolleyes:
Obviously I had not, or maybe I confused him momentarily with someone else, or a host of other things that my post would suggest because if I HAD seen post #10 and associated it in my head correctly with the poster, I would not have posted my question. 🤷‍♂️😙

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Obviously I had not, or maybe I confused him momentarily with someone else, or a host of other things that my post would suggest because if I HAD seen post #10 and associated it in my head correctly with the poster, I would not have posted my question. 🤷‍♂️😙
"Nope" would have sufficed. 🤣

Reaction score
Have had a set on for about 500 miles. Only got 30,000 out of original Goodyears. What a difference! Though gas mileage has suffered a little. Owe some of that to not running “slicks” anymore.

Attachments

• 44F35E76-5C00-4DF3-8051-58BC43686545.jpeg
    44F35E76-5C00-4DF3-8051-58BC43686545.jpeg
    269.7 KB · Views: 176
  • D05EF308-7EB8-43BD-B19A-75617B30D683.jpeg
    D05EF308-7EB8-43BD-B19A-75617B30D683.jpeg
    207.3 KB · Views: 177

Johnny_H

Reaction score
I’m surprised you got 30k out of the Goodyears. It amazes me they put such a garbage tire on these trucks. These GYs are the stock tire on Teslas, they’re a far worse tire than even the old GY RSA on the gen 4.

Great to see so many guys loving the Continentals! Maybe Ram should look at switching OEM manufacturers.

mhb1638

Reaction score
Have had a set on for about 500 miles. Only got 30,000 out of original Goodyears. What a difference! Though gas mileage has suffered a little. Owe some of that to not running “slicks” anymore.
Looks great but still, to me, look small. I'd rather step to (I think 50? 55?) to get the 34" size. But only Nitto makes that size and I hate Nitto. Great looking truck though

Users who are viewing this thread