5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

SunnyS

Reaction score
I had a 2021 Limited ecodiesel. Great truck, after a while though I realized that it had too many expensive features that I did not use. I also missed the roar of a v8, mpg be damned.
Limited has the 5.7 standard

packer27

Reaction score
Problem is a night edition limited is like 70k min. I have a pretty well equipped backcountry and it's under 60k.
For what it’s worth, if you find the right dealer you can get them for quite a bit less. My build came out to just under 61k.

packer27

Reaction score
Would be nice to know where those dealers were located at.
Mark Dodge in Louisiana is fairly popular on here. I ordered mine through Granger Motors in Iowa who is pretty active on the TRX forums.

Veneno

Reaction score
Mark Dodge in Louisiana is fairly popular on here. I ordered mine through Granger Motors in Iowa who is pretty active on the TRX forums.
Yeah that would be a drive for someone who lives in California. The dealer I dealt with today would only do MSRP on an order. It looks like I need to look around.

x50

Reaction score
I considered getting a Limited Night Edition but I didn't want air suspension or the 12" screen. I initially wanted a Big Horn Night Edition with the Premium LED upgrade and BSM but those options were not available when tried placing my order. The Laramie Night Edition had what I wanted at the right price and the Level 2 package with BSM was available again so that is what I ordered. I actually like the 22" wheels that come on the Laramie better vs the 22" wheels that come on the Limited.

Last edited:

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah that would be a drive for someone who lives in California. The dealer I dealt with today would only do MSRP on an order. It looks like I need to look around.
Given the potential savings, you can still afford to ship the truck to California after it arrives at the dealer.

n00ber

Reaction score
Whelp its been a fun ride but I'm tapping out.
one thing after another, from the dealership placing my order late (a month after i traded in the car and told them to order),
them telling me that they dealers aren't ordering new trucks and SHAP building them the next day (despite having the charts by Eighty and triple_B as well as build sheets),
them saying that they cant contact anybody and ask why its taking so long.
The final straw was trying to buy a different truck and them saying that they were "about to build the truck that I ordered" yet it hasn't even seen D1. I told them to cancel it and they are now trying to feed me a line about how they cant cancel it because there is a VIN assigned, told them I wanted my name off it and they said they couldn't take my name off because it had a VIN...I'm just done.
So I said I wanted my trade in money (~$9,000) and that they can keep the $1000 deposit, they then proceed to tell me that I can get my trade in money on Monday when accounting is open, less the $2,000.
Needless to say I was pissed and come Monday I will be getting all of my trade in money.
I'm going with a different dealership (not local to this one at all) and have them find me a 2500 instead, would suit my lifestyle better anyway.

Good luck to everyone else, hope that ram pulls their head out of their @$$.
Thanks for the fun charts @Eighty and @triple_B
ConventionalSereneCod-size_restricted.gif

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Whelp its been a fun ride but I'm tapping out.
one thing after another, from the dealership placing my order late (a month after i traded in the car and told them to order),
them telling me that they dealers aren't ordering new trucks and SHAP building them the next day (despite having the charts by Eighty and triple_B as well as build sheets),
them saying that they cant contact anybody and ask why its taking so long.
The final straw was trying to buy a different truck and them saying that they were "about to build the truck that I ordered" yet it hasn't even seen D1. I told them to cancel it and they are now trying to feed me a line about how they cant cancel it because there is a VIN assigned, told them I wanted my name off it and they said they couldn't take my name off because it had a VIN...I'm just done.
So I said I wanted my trade in money (~$9,000) and that they can keep the $1000 deposit, they then proceed to tell me that I can get my trade in money on Monday when accounting is open, less the $2,000.
Needless to say I was pissed and come Monday I will be getting all of my trade in money.
I'm going with a different dealership (not local to this one at all) and have them find me a 2500 instead, would suit my lifestyle better anyway.

Good luck to everyone else, hope that ram pulls their head out of their @$$.
Thanks for the fun charts @Eighty and @triple_B
WOW!!!

you have been waiting since 9/16/2021

YET there are plenty here that have been waiting since MARCH 2021 or earlier!

oh well have a nice time on the HD forum:)

we will be waiting here for ours.

and your dealer is correct the order can not be cancelled. you will be contacted when it arrives to officially cancel the order as your name is on the official window sticker.

n00ber

Reaction score
WOW!!!

you have been waiting since 9/16/2021

YET there are plenty here that have been waiting since MARCH 2021 or earlier!

oh well have a nice time on the HD forum:)

we will be waiting here for ours.

and your dealer is correct the order can not be cancelled. you will be contacted when it arrives to officially cancel the order as your name is on the official window sticker.
Some things came up and the 2500 suits my needs better, Still don't know how people are waiting since March, not to mention those who have had a truck built...twice was it?
Talking with another dealers GM, they can indeed remove the name, it just requires that they talk to their rep, which makes me question the relationship this dealer has with theirs.
I'm well aware they wont scrap the VIN but still.

SunnyS

Reaction score
Some things came up and the 2500 suits my needs better, Still don't know how people are waiting since March, not to mention those who have had a truck built...twice was it?
Talking with another dealers GM, they can indeed remove the name, it just requires that they talk to their rep, which makes me question the relationship this dealer has with theirs.
I'm well aware they wont scrap the VIN but still.
If I were in your shoes have that dealer look for that 2500 you want and try to keep all your money that they have. I have ordered 10 new cars and trucks off of my local dealer and it is tough to wait for these special orders. The longest was the Hellcat but my wife's Charger was in our driveway in thirty days.We are in uncharted waters with this global chip shortage and if you are not a patient person this is not the time to order a car or truck. Good Luck in your hunt for that perfect truck

curleybill

Reaction score
I just ordered a 2022 Ram 2500 Longhorn mega-cab on 11/17/21 received a VIN 11/26 and was told by the salesman that the trunk would take no less than 6 months to build. Maybe he's being a little conservative?

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I just ordered a 2022 Ram 2500 Longhorn mega-cab on 11/17/21 received a VIN 11/26 and was told by the salesman that the trunk would take no less than 6 months to build. Maybe he's being a little conservative?
this forum is only for 1500 DT trucks

go here for HD

Veneno

Reaction score
I wonder if the Off road package makes the ride too stiff. Then again it gives it a little more ride height to go bigger on the tires without an aftermarket lift. Bigger tire, more air, softer ride. Am I wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread