5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I need your expert opinions…. Build is in at dealership

NRitland2

Reaction score
This may be my own fault. But I feel like a really good situation is turning into a bad one. I got a call from the dealer that my truck is in. They refused to share the POC with me that would show the invoice price… I was told that that’s not what the dealership does and he doesn’t have access… I asked because I have the affiliate rewards through my work I wanna be able to get an idea of where we are at prior to going in.

I was then told that due to the shortages etc. that when I ordered the truck I agreed to pay full MSRP. We all know that that’s crap and I told him as much. I am fully ready and willing to walk away from the deal and give up the thousand dollars because I’ll make that back and more on the next build when I go with another dealership.

I know I screwed up with not locking in certain things prior to the build and that’s my own fault for not researching prior to starting the “relationship”..

Am I walking away from this?

Ram_702

Reaction score
What does you purchase/deposit paperwork say? I negotiated about 9% off MSRP at time of deposit/order with detailed costs on paper and signed by both myself and the dealer manager. I expect them to honor that.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
This may be my own fault. But I feel like a really good situation is turning into a bad one. I got a call from the dealer that my truck is in. They refused to share the POC with me that would show the invoice price… I was told that that’s not what the dealership does and he doesn’t have access… I asked because I have the affiliate rewards through my work I wanna be able to get an idea of where we are at prior to going in.

I was then told that due to the shortages etc. that when I ordered the truck I agreed to pay full MSRP. We all know that that’s crap and I told him as much. I am fully ready and willing to walk away from the deal and give up the thousand dollars because I’ll make that back and more on the next build when I go with another dealership.

I know I screwed up with not locking in certain things prior to the build and that’s my own fault for not researching prior to starting the “relationship”..

the poc does not show the invoice price. it only lists tentative prices and is subject to change. if you left a deposit, you are intitled to a poc, imo.

if they do not work with you and you did not leave a deposit walk away and order from some place else.

otherwise try to work to out by going above whoever you are dealing with

NRitland2

Reaction score
the poc does not show the invoice price. it only lists tentative prices and is subject to change. if you left a deposit, you are intitled to a poc, imo.

if they do not work with you and you did not leave a deposit walk away and order from some place else.

otherwise try to work to out by going above whoever you are dealing with
I completely agree. I’m entitled to at least know the pricing prior via the poc. I was told they don’t provide that.

NRitland2

Reaction score
What does you purchase/deposit paperwork say? I negotiated about 9% off MSRP at time of deposit/order with detailed costs on paper and signed by both myself and the dealer manager. I expect them to honor that.
It states “this is the exact vehicle and configuration that I want. I understand that once the order is placed the vehicle, cover, and equipment cannot be changed modified added or deleted it anyway. I further understand that wants the vehicle arrives at the dealership I am responsible to pay in full and take retail delivery within three days. I further understand that my down payment is not refundable under any circumstances.”

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
It states “this is the exact vehicle and configuration that I want. I understand that once the order is placed the vehicle, cover, and equipment cannot be changed modified added or deleted it anyway. I further understand that wants the vehicle arrives at the dealership I am responsible to pay in full and take retail delivery within three days. I further understand that my down payment is not refundable under any circumstances.”
that is a screwed up dealer

care to state what the deposit amount was.

Ram_702

Reaction score
I completely agree. I’m entitled to at least know the pricing prior via the poc. I was told they don’t provide that.
That’s BS on their part. Mine had all costs for the vehicle, discounts, etc. it’s unfortunate the stealers can be such D-Bags….

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score

My understanding from a couple months ago, that dealers were told by Stellatis that all affiliate pricing that been canceled until the end of the year. If you negotiated a price before hand, and it’s in writing, then you have the upper hand.

If you don’t have any info on discounts already when ordered, you will either pay msrp or walk.

But there are always exceptions…like mark dodge. I don’t know how they do it.

2021 Ram Rebel
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (wife)

Kovy23

Reaction score
When i ordered, my salesman gave it to me without even asking and even said that the price isn't final until it physically gets there. Seems like they're trying to pull a fast one. If they don't want to work, I'd maybe eat the deposit cost and go elsewhere.

NRitland2

Reaction score
ouch

mine was only $500.00
Im not scared to walk away…
They've since relented and are honoring affiliate rewards once I provide info from my HR group.
I think the lack of transparency and the heated exchange really left a sour taste on something that is supposed to be an exciting time for us all?!

NRitland2

Reaction score
When i ordered, my salesman gave it to me without even asking and even said that the price isn't final until it physically gets there. Seems like they're trying to pull a fast one. If they don't want to work, I'd maybe eat the deposit cost and go elsewhere.
This is my thought. Affiliate rewards isn’t some fast one..
I’m not looking for 20% off msrp or to win! Just some transparency and feel good vibes like you actually want my business…

NRitland2

Reaction score
My understanding from a couple months ago, that dealers were told by Stellatis that all affiliate pricing that been canceled until the end of the year. If you negotiated a price before hand, and it’s in writing, then you have the upper hand.

If you don’t have any info on discounts already when ordered, you will either pay msrp or walk.

But there are always exceptions…like mark dodge. I don’t know how they do it.

2021 Ram Rebel
Awful way to do business if that is the case….

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Awful way to do business if that is the case….

It really is. And your not the first one to post something like this. Those like me that placed orders early were given the affiliate pricing only to be told later, that they can’t do it anymore. But if you have signed paper by the manager with the discounted price you have leverage there.

2021 Ram Rebel

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Im not scared to walk away…
They've since relented and are honoring affiliate rewards once I provide info from my HR group.
I think the lack of transparency and the heated exchange really left a sour taste on something that is supposed to be an exciting time for us all?!
try mark dodge

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Wow, you gave them a deposit and did not settle on a max price? Just open ended "we'll bend you over when it gets here"?

Sorry. I do not leave anything open ended in a contract. Note they didn't leave the part about the down payment as an open ended item.

I went to Criswell. This was a month before everyone stopped cutting discounts and I was at 21% below msrp. They locked the price in writing. Shortly afterwards I read they stopped offering forum discounts and some of the other discounts. I called them and was told, it was locked and they had to honor it, not to worry. They honored it. No fuss. When I did it the salesman agreed that any additional discounts that may come up would apply but that was killed with the shortage. I believe they would have though as they searched discounts I was not aware of and applied them at the time.

I guess now it is all on Mark Dodge from what I have read. I hope you work it out but going forward, get it in writing. I would get the quote from Mark prior to going to your current dealer to see if it is worth walking from the $1k. If you only broke even, I would walk on principal.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree work others this dealer sucks. I placed an order for a Chrysler Pacifica with a dealer on Oct 30th and they provided a POC at time of order with agreed price and $500 fully refundable deposit written and signed by sales manager. They locked the price and said if incentives are better at delivery they will honor those. I started with my long time dealer and they didn't offer much of a discount and wanted a $1,000 non refundable deposit so I ordered with a different dealer.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Obviously a transliteration of the contract ("wants" (sic) instead of "once"). But, if the above quote conveys the gist of the agreement, you entered into a voluntary civil contract to "pay in full and take retail delivery within three days". Yet, you want to violate that contract by paying affiliate pricing, not "retail delivery". (You may be able to debate the meaning of "retail delivery".)

I'm glad the dealer voluntarily relented on holding you to the terms of it. You got lucky.

Next time...read the contract, understand the contract (take it to a lawyer if you don't), modify the contract to have it reflect your position, and realize that as much as you'd expect the dealer to be held to his side of a contract...you are held to your side. Then, and only then, should you sign the contract.

Contract law is one of the fundamental building blocks of our entire legal system.

Users who are viewing this thread