5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Tranzella

Reaction score
I can tell for sure that a couple of weeks ago MD was selling 1500s with $5k off Limiteds and $10k off Laramies. I bought a Laramie for my wife with $10.5 discount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Off the lot?

Rau

Reaction score
They still have the promotion ongoing but not sure if they have any inventory left by now.

3594170e089acc2c0f97c5b00b446dff.jpg

WarReadyVet

Reaction score
MSRP always goes up a little with "normal" inflation (don't get me started on our money system". Based on that, no, we'll never see 2019 prices again. But I do think once we get the chip supplies figured out and the new vehicle supply starts to match demand again we'll see prices drop. If I was considering ordering a new vehicle or just buying any vehicle right now in November 2021, I would ask myself if I can wait 2 or 3 years and hold what I've got because I don't think we'll be in the same pricing environment in 2025.

So many people buying vehicles high and financing them really, really worries me about what their situation is going to start looking like as the supply starts to equalize in the future, and they are already laying the groundwork to get those levels back to normal.

I think the days of getting a nice, brand new truck for under 40k (US) are long gone. I was stunned last winter reading some of the prices you were able to get, but I hadn't quite gotten my Jeep paid off and wanted to catch up on some other things - and then Covid really screwed up my plans. I'm probably looking at waiting to see what Labor day deals are out there.

danielidea

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am new to the forum and thanks for the great posts! It's helping me a bunch.

I am trying to build & price so that I can send the build to MD for a quote but I can't seem to find the "Limited Level 1 Equipment Group" package when I try to build 2022 Limited with Night Edition. Here is what I have currently: https://www.ramtrucks.com/bmo.ram_1...MC,Z6D,TAR,WP9,DL,ASH,GWJ,MWK,XB9,CS7,UBQ,25M

Did any of you had a similar problem? IDK if it's an error on their website or if it's due to this crazy chip shortage.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rau

packer27

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am trying to build & price so that I can send the build to MD for a quote but I can't seem to find the "Limited Level 1 Equipment Group" package when I try to build 2022 Limited with Night Edition. Here is what I have currently: https://www.ramtrucks.com/bmo.ram_1...MC,Z6D,TAR,WP9,DL,ASH,GWJ,MWK,XB9,CS7,UBQ,25M

Did any of you had a similar problem? IDK if it's an error on their website or if it's due to this crazy chip shortage.
It’s their website. Was still available when I ordered a couple weeks ago.

Rau

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have the same question. I could not add it in the build.

Derek916

Reaction score
Hi all,

Use this link. Switch it to Limited and select your options. You can save the final order sheet and email it to MD. If it’s not there then contact MD to see what is current available. While I was building Level A or B was offered on their website but MD was able to get me Level 1 Laramie when I placed my final order.

Hasti17

Reaction score
Just had the same experience at a local dealer on a Rebel. He came right out and said the offer at MD was BS and there’s no way it was legit. Has anybody here who ordered from MD had a bad experience with MD? In other words the price you were quoted was THE price when you took delivery?
Yea, all of us. They are legit. Best dealer experience theres a good sized group of us ordering from MD that Expect trucks in the next couple weeks, definitely the best dealer to do business with and makes all the local ones ive dealt with look like chumps...

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
He came right out and said the offer at MD was BS and there’s no way it was legit.
Tell him he's full of it. I had another dealer try to pull the same crap. They're just pissed that MD isn't doing what they're doing and taking advantage of the situation to rip off customers.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tell him he's full of it. I had another dealer try to pull the same crap. They're just pissed that MD isn't doing what they're doing and taking advantage of the situation to rip off customers.
We are looking to add a Ram 2500 6.4L to the family fleet so we went out looking three weeks ago. Reliance CJDR of Bay City, Texas (https://www.reliancechryslerdodgejeepram.com/) said the exact same thing about MD three weeks ago with a "Good luck with that plan". I was surprised with their arrogance given they are trying to sell 2021 with such a markup with 2022's arriving every day.

I politely pointed out they are adding a non-negotiable $6K dealer markup on every 2021 Ram 2500. He said that is the market. I said they are price gouging unlike Mark Dodge who treats folks fairly by providing a discount (not a $6K markup) and walked out the door. They are still sitting on the same 2500s they had three weeks ago.

tadow

Reaction score
Yeah NorthStar, locals in CO doing the same. +$3k "dealer package" consisting of a bedliner and "matched leather" (wtf?)

Eldodroptop

Reaction score
We are looking to add a Ram 2500 6.4L to the family fleet so we went out looking three weeks ago. Reliance CJDR of Bay City, Texas (https://www.reliancechryslerdodgejeepram.com/) said the exact same thing about MD three weeks ago with a "Good luck with that plan". I was surprised with their arrogance given they are trying to sell 2021 with such a markup with 2022's arriving every day.

I politely pointed out they are adding a non-negotiable $6K dealer markup on every 2021 Ram 2500. He said that is the market. I said they are price gouging unlike Mark Dodge who treats folks fairly by providing a discount (not a $6K markup) and walked out the door. They are still sitting on the same 2500s they had three weeks ago.
That really is crazy. Bay City and Mark CDJR are basically the same distance from Houston, And only 220 miles from each other. They should be COMPETING with each other for Houston market share.

There is a reason Mark CDJR is one of the biggest Ram sellers in the country, and in this market, it makes more sense than ever to move units.

For every sold order comes an excellent chance to make good profit on “back end” product sales and finance. Plus for every vehicle sold you have an opportunity to get a good trade in vehicle on your lot. If you are a forward thinking dealership like Mark CDJR, the profits are there for you to reap. And it’s obvious to me that they are going to be very successful moving forward in getting repeat business.

brenan00

Reaction score
My sales guy here in Hawaii has heard of Mark Dodge and what they can do that he cannot.. They could not do the volume, impossible, think about it, shipping to all over the country from Kaneohe HI. So I was happy that they would honor affiliate pricing, 66K to 56.5K.

VGK

Reaction score
Longtime read first time poster.

I’m waiting for trade in details, but should be pulling the trigger on a 21 Limited with diesel on the lot. MSRP is $70,964 getting it for $64,473 and also getting 0% for 84 months. I know the 9% off MSRP isn’t the best some people have got, but I feel getting a truck in town, with the 0% for 84 months is pretty solid.

Lord Helmet

Reaction score
Finally pulled the trugger this week with Sandi at Mark CDJR. Got a Rebel ordered. MSRP $71000. Mark CDJR sale price $62374. So roughly 12%+ below MSRP. I loved their straight forward approach and no pressure for dealer add ons. My price was actually below invoice and employee pricing plus they'll bring the truck to me for free. A local dealer wanted $65K for a Lonestar Backcountry. Another dealer got close but couldn't match the deal. Rambox and power fold mirrors not currently available on the Backcountry, otherwise I probably would have gone that way. Sandi was great every step of the way. I wish there were more incentives but the market is what it is. Overall, I'm happy with the build.

2022 Ram Rebel 1500 4WD
Granite Crystal Metallic
5.7L HEMI V8 (Non eTorque)
e shift transfer case
block heater
33 gallon tank
Level B Package
Rebel 12 Package
Advanced Safety Group
Blind Spot & Cross Path Detection
Comfort & Convenience Group
Technology Group