5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auto volume adjustment

XmikeX

Reaction score
Does the Uconnect software let you set a default volume when starting up the truck? I continuously forget to turn down my radio when I park and when I start the truck up again I get blasted by the radio. I know my wife's car has a default setting that lowers the volume to a specific level when the car is turned off and on.

quick google search didn't come up with anything nor did checking myself.

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nope. It's wherever you leave it. I usually turn it down to around 4-6 when I get out or unplug my phone since different sources can be dramatically different volumes at the same setting (ie- streaming something from my phone is much quieter at '10' than FM radio is)

XmikeX

Reaction score
Nope. It's wherever you leave it. I usually turn it down to around 4-6 when I get out or unplug my phone since different sources can be dramatically different volumes at the same setting (ie- streaming something from my phone is much quieter at '10' than FM radio is)
That's what's happening to me, I usually listen to some podcasts while driving and its ok level at 15 but radio at 15 is a damn concert.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Not that I've found. I've made a habit of turning the volume to zero and shutting off the radio completely before I shut off the truck. Usually as I come up my street, just after I shut off the AC. And the fan.

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not that I've found. I've made a habit of turning the volume to zero and shutting off the radio completely before I shut off the truck. Usually as I come up my street, just after I shut off the AC. And the fan.

me kind of the same, i always turn the volume all the way down right before i turn the truck off, been doing it for long time.

Crawpapa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
while I’m fairly new to my truck, and the Uconnect system, I’m quickly discovering a lot of shortfalls with it.

AV8OR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The wife’s car has that feature.

It’s nice to start the day with the volume preset to what is “normal” for a car at idle as you pull out of the garage.

Then after you merge with the rest of the road warriors at 07:00 you can ramp up the intensity to match what you are facing for the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/