5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 RAM sport is not fitting in 18 X 19 garage

habfan

Reaction score
So as others mentioned previously park on a diagonal.?
That's assuming the truck is about 7 ft wide and 19.5 ft long , == about 21ft from one corner to the opposite corner of the truck
Your garage should have about 26ft from corner to corner. Good ol' Pythagorean Theorem at work

There, problem solved. just explain to your significant other why they can't park in the garage and taking a different approach to parking and getting out of the garage may be a 'new normal' for you

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
😂:ROFLMAO:
VirzdVi.jpg
OMFG

1637684495828.gif

Vilas15

Reaction score
No two ways about....yer screwed. This is with the crew and the 5.7. You only gain an inch with the 6.4 quad (sorry....I like to rule things out mathematically if not practically ;))

View attachment 111639

So as others mentioned previously park on a diagonal.?
That's assuming the truck is about 7 ft wide and 19.5 ft long , == about 21ft from one corner to the opposite corner of the truck
Your garage should have about 26ft from corner to corner. Good ol' Pythagorean Theorem at work

There, problem solved. just explain to your significant other why they can't park in the garage and taking a different approach to parking and getting out of the garage may be a 'new normal' for you
You're describing something different from the other post but it still wouldnt work, the other corners youre not measuring to would be the ones in conflict if you aligned the diagonal on the truck with the diagonal of the garage.

mmcbeat

Reaction score
Because of my tight garage I went with a quad cab instead of a crew cab. I use a tennis ball on a string when pulling in.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My garage door opening, for some reason, is a mere 76" tall. The last 3 vehicles I've had won't fit in there ha. They live in the driveway. The ol lady's car fits, and so does the sxs (barely). I've wanted to extend a carport for years, but the Mrs. isn't sold on it.

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My garage door opening, for some reason, is a mere 76" tall. The last 3 vehicles I've had won't fit in there ha. They live in the driveway. The ol lady's car fits, and so does the sxs (barely). I've wanted to extend a carport for years, but the Mrs. isn't sold on it.
Need to put the foot down. "Your car is in the garage, mine will be under the new car port".

Users who are viewing this thread