5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Comma.ai

TravisH

Reaction score
Last three Harnesses went out today at Lunch.
Expected Delivery: Tuesday the 12th

On a side note: Comma stated 4-8 weeks delivery for a Comma3 256MB Model.
Mine will be here in 8 days from Order Date. Still have to wait on the OBD power Block
and connection to arrive. I thought they would be included to make it work.

Malodave

Mine showed up today.

750efa3e8f714a8f0ac0324073f2d649.jpg

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am getting an error on the 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe drive that it is not mounted.
This was changed before I installed Open Pilot. Customer Support at Comma suggested
That I uninstall Open pilot and reinstall to see if it will fix the problem. The 256GB version
will mount.

They need to make installing the Software and the fork easier to do. It is getting so frustrated
I want to throw the Comma 3 against the wall.

Malodave

PS. I have been working on a slightly bigger mount with the 6 degree wedge for the Ram Windshield.
The trucks tend to ride a little harsher than a car so that is why I made the mount larger.

The Numbers show the Progression of the fit by how much sanding I was doing. Then the Stock Mount.
These will use the 80MM round disk of 3M VHB tape cut to shape. The final version (#5) is in the printer.
I can fit 6 mounts on my print plate at a time. These will most likely be up for 2 mounts w/ VHB circles
for $15 that will include shipping too.

Comma3_RAM_Mount.jpg

Last edited:

Carlos.33193

Reaction score
I am getting an error on the 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe drive that it is not mounted.
This was changed before I installed Open Pilot. Customer Support at Comma suggested
That I uninstall Open pilot and reinstall to see if it will fix the problem. The 256GB version
will mount.

They need to make installing the Software and the fork easier to do. It is getting so frustrated
I want to throw the Comma 3 against the wall.

Malodave

PS. I have been working on a slightly bigger mount with the 6 degree wedge for the Ram Windshield.
The trucks tend to ride a little harsher than a car so that is why I made the mount larger.

The Numbers show the Progression of the fit by how much sanding I was doing. Then the Stock Mount.
These will use the 80MM round disk of 3M VHB tape cut to shape. The final version (#5) is in the printer.
I can fit 6 mounts on my print plate at a time. These will most likely be up for 2 mounts w/ VHB circles
for $15 that will include shipping too.

View attachment 108081
Not sure if this is needed to install properly on our trucks or not, but count me in to order one!

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure if this is needed to install properly on our trucks or not, but count me in to order one!
Resetting and Reinstalling OpenPilot from a WIFI connection worked fine. The 2TB NVMe drive is mounted correctly.
Now to get the RAM fork on it!

There should be an easier way than Putty / GitHub / SSH to load the fork. Never using GitHub and SSH
has me Car-Fuzzled!

Malodave

If anyone wants a copy of the DXF and STL files of the larger RAM 6º mount to print thier own, PM me with a real email address and I will sent it to you.

First 12 Prints and the 80mm VHB circles:

Comma3_RAM_Mount_Prints.jpg

Last edited:

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If
I used this link to install the rampilot. Didn't need to use any SSH or anything. Just put it in the custom software link when asked for the first time.

Did that. It froze on the Downloading screen. I waited 30 minutes before trying it again.
Same result. I installed the Base Open pilot again. Once my internet is installed at the
apartment Saturday, I will try again.

Going to install my New Mount to the Windshield today.

Malodave

Dbsimmons

Reaction score
Resetting and Reinstalling OpenPilot from a WIFI connection worked fine. The 2TB NVMe drive is mounted correctly.
Now to get the RAM fork on it!

There should be an easier way than Putty / GitHub / SSH to load the fork. Never using GitHub and SSH
has me Car-Fuzzled!

Malodave

If anyone wants a copy of the DXF and STL files of the larger RAM 6º mount to print thier own, PM me with a real email address and I will sent it to you.

First 12 Prints and the 80mm VHB circles:

View attachment 108408
Did you get your comma 3 set up for your Ram? What fork did you use?
Thank you

TravisH

Reaction score
What fork did you use for the Ram on the comma 3?
Thank you

I’m not there yet. I’m still in the processing of adding the advanced safety group to my truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dbsimmons

Reaction score
You will want either Tunders fork or Prims fork both are the same just different splash screen. If you are not on the Ram discord channel, here is an invite. https://discord.gg/mAZnWxN8 go installation section, there is a pinned message with a PDF containing instructions and link to the correct fork. If you have any trouble, ask questions there. Everyone is very helpful.
Can you repost the ram discord invite link please? That one has expired.
Thank you

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just finished a batch of 10 Harnesses. 8 have already been spoken for on the Discord Server. I could make
a second batch if there is demand for them. So there are still two up for grabs.
Malodave

Last edited:

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello all,

Just received my comma3, installed the software using the custom link posted earlier in discord: https://smiskol.com/fork/tdb0021/master-ci-089/rampilot everything loaded up in less than 10 minutes. Now I am just waiting on harness to come in and it will be ready to go on the truck!
Check back at Discord. There is a new and revised version, and it also looks like the digital elite are getting it ready to go prime time in the near future.🚘

St-na

Reaction score
What is the reason of buying C3? What we get is only hands free ACC from both C2/C3. Comparation of the both units on Youtube shows basically better screen and nothing more, but functions from both are the same. I understood the only reason to buy C3 is a hope for further development, right? C2 is much cheaper, guys are selling on discord for $600 only.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What is the reason of buying C3? What we get is only hands free ACC from both C2/C3. Comparation of the both units on Youtube shows basically better screen and nothing more, but functions from both are the same. I understood the only reason to buy C3 is a hope for further development, right? C2 is much cheaper, guys are selling on discord for $600 only.
The C2 will no longer be supported after a short period by Comma support. It will still be supported by individuals, bot not officially. The C3 is going to be upgraded on an ongoing basis through Comma, and individual programmers. I is projected to be FSD in the future, with stop sign/light recognition and other road signs including speed limits. I have a 2 and a 3, and the 3 offers a much better interface and control. Also, the $600 you see is without the $200 harness and connection cables and boxes, so you be the judge. It is up and working on my RAM and, although not officially vetted by Comma, it should go mainstream soon. I enjoy the fact that my longer drives are much moor relaxing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online