5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pistol Mount Options

Garyindiane

Reaction score
Just picked up a cheap Amazon holster to see how I liked it. It work just fine. This is a dedicated truck gun so I don't have to worry about re holstering it all the time.

Attachments

• 20211121_124826.jpg
    20211121_124826.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 228

Reverse

Reaction score
Experience has taught me that my gun should be either on me, or locked up (in truck or at home) when I can't carry it. This prevents me eventually forgetting about the gun at some point, and also makes sure I have the gun when I might need it. I'm also not a fan of having/leaving gun in plain sight.
YMMV.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
IWB when not in truck. . When driving, My right handed IWB hooks right in the slot on side of center console just like the other above. I would have a 5 second drawer if I tried to draw from IWB on my person while driving with a seat belt on. Anyone approaching that you may need to respond to will already have the drop on you if you're situational awareness is lacking. Even with good situational awareness it's still a very difficult draw. And if you carry with one in the chamber, you're risking major interference from a seated position in a vehicle with your belt on. Too many obstacles to navigate while maintaining trigger discipline.

I watch a lot of Active Self Protection videos. Probably too many.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve had very good luck with the following and have never had to drill/screw it to the knee bolster as the 3M tape they use has never let loose. I did have to remove it when trading trucks so I simply used a heat gun to loosen it up for removal and then heated up the new knee bolster to re-attach it. This thing is solid and hangs my 9 by my right knee from the bolster.

ABess

Reaction score
Experience has taught me that my gun should be either on me, or locked up (in truck or at home) when I can't carry it. This prevents me eventually forgetting about the gun at some point, and also makes sure I have the gun when I might need it. I'm also not a fan of having/leaving gun in plain sight.
YMMV.
For me, a gun is like a parachute. You don't always need a parachute, but when you need it......you REALLY need it!

OkDee

Reaction score
I found an unused old vehicle gun mount holster harness from Gum Creek. Goes under the steering wheel. Might work, testing in progress.

ABess

Reaction score
Can you sit with that holster? It wasnt very comfortable for me

I carry a Springfield XD45 5" Tactical appendix or switch to the Springfield Hellcat (RawDogPistol). I carry always so it was just a matter of getting used to the gun.

Bigbags85

Reaction score
my XDm 3.8 45 fits perfectly in the top center console of my Maxima. Almost like it was made for it. I've been debating on what to put in the truck for my pistol. Recently bought an LCP Max and I love that it just fits in my pocket but idk what to do for the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread