5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

BornTooLate

Reaction score
so after 10 months and 18 days i go to pick up my truck tomorrow. But it wasn't without a final bit of drama. So the price we agreed on was apparently hinging on whether i could get my cousin's employee discount. I was completely ignorant of that . and wouldn't have agreed to it if i was sufficiently informed of the fact. which i was not. I wasn't going to ask my cousin because a) I hate asking people for things. b) I'm not hugely close to my cousin. in fact I really only see him at Christmas,Easter and Thanksgiving ( which is appropriately celebrated in October on a Monday and not 4 weeks before Christmas and on a Thursday...who does that??) and the odd funeral. and c) at the time of ordering it was January and i thought it was wwwwwaaaaayyyyy too early to ask a person to give up their once a year discount. like who knows what may come up in the year? anywho, to make a long story a bit shorter, i got a call from the dealer guy and they found some one 's employee number to use and things are back on and i received the total just a few minutes ago and it is less than i thought. so everything is coolio now. just thought i'd share . cuz y'know knowledge is power. I pass the conch shell and the dutchie on the left hand side.

x50

Reaction score
So in a perfect world, if my ESD is 12/4, when would they start building the truck? Someone said a few pages back that they don't release build sheets on the weekend so I should expect to see it on Mon 12/6. Is that still the case now that they are working weekends at the factory?

n00ber

Reaction score
So in a perfect world, if my ESD is 12/4, when would they start building the truck? Someone said a few pages back that they don't release build sheets on the weekend so I should expect to see it on Mon 12/6. Is that still the case now that they are working weekends at the factory?
correct. build sheets will come out on the 6th

Reactions: x50

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
And some of the other stats on today's 1,256 build sheets:
  • 87 trucks with Rambox
  • 143 trucks with Pano sunroof
  • 25 trucks with Premium Lighting Group
  • 112 trucks with Blind Spot and Cross Path Detection
  • 1 truck in Blue Shade
  • 40 trucks in Hydro Blue
  • 8 trucks with Advanced Safety Group (all Rebels)
  • 84 trucks with Air Suspension

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Oh, and I forgot eTorque. 345 trucks with eTorque.
And in case anyone couldn't see it in the chart above, they built 3 trucks in the 229 group. That's the highest they've gone yet (VINs are still being assigned in the 230 group as far as I can tell).

Itsslow98

Reaction score
Ramchat told me i went d1 last Thursday and got this today. Dealer told me last Monday that the factory rep told him estimated build date was 12/6 after I put some pressure on him.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211123-154239_Email.jpg
    Screenshot_20211123-154239_Email.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 87

n00ber

Reaction score
Ramchat told me i went d1 last Thursday and got this today. Dealer told me last Monday that the factory rep told him estimated build date was 12/6 after I put some pressure on him.
That seems like a very unique message. I wonder if there are any other unique messages that ram sends out to its unique buyers of their unique trucks that they build for their unique dealers.

Unique stood out a bit to me...

Bigbags85

Reaction score
I wish they would just stop saying they're prioritizing customer builds. Just be frank and tell us you're doing the capitalism thing and maximizing profits for Q4. I'd prefer that at this point lol.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
estimated ship date is the day builds start.

even with weekend work build sheets are still not issued until monday morn.

Reactions: x50

Itsslow98

Reaction score
I wish they would just stop saying they're prioritizing customer builds. Just be frank and tell us you're doing the capitalism thing and maximizing profits for Q4. I'd prefer that at this point lol.
Yea I sent an email like a month ago asking how they are building so many trucks ordered after mine. At this point its the only truck I want so I'm just glad I have a little hope now.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
now get this, went to see the sales manager today 11-23 and the second truck with the etorque, which I do not want. the area manager would not permit a change so the sales manager asked to have it cancelled the area manager said the order would most likely NOT be cancelled.

so the sales manager ordered another truck 1C6RREMT6NN215530 and this truck went into D-1 with an estimated ship date (build date) of Dec 3, 2021

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
now get this, went to see the sales manager today 11-23 and the second truck with the etorque, which I do not want. the area manager would not permit a change so the sales manager asked to have it cancelled the area manager said the order would most likely NOT be cancelled.

so the sales manager ordered another truck 1C6RREMT6NN215530 and this truck went into D-1 with an estimated ship date (build date) of Dec 3, 2021
Lol, I'm about to order a truck a week until I get one.

Itsslow98

Reaction score
So dealer called me back and sent the updated poc. Everything is still on there with estimated ship date of 12/3(more than likely build date). Price went up $1,100 but he said I'm price protected so things are looking good!

Users who are viewing this thread