5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Making changes in D?

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
I placed an order on 10/22 and realized the next day that between the dealer creating the order sheet that I signed off on and them actually actually submitting the order a few days later, they'd dropped the 33 gallon tank.

I noticed that discrepancy the day after they submitted the order and sent me confirmation and asked if they could update the order to include the 33 gallon tank.

The response I got was that they'd sent the request to Stellantis and followed up, but wouldn't know if it had been accepted until production started and the invoice was sent.

Does that sound right?

I didn't have to make any changes to my order when I ordered in 2018, but it seems ridiculous that Ram can't confirm an update requested the day after an order was submitted, especially when it takes months to enter production.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I placed an order on 10/22 and realized the next day that between the dealer creating the order sheet that I signed off on and them actually actually submitting the order a few days later, they'd dropped the 33 gallon tank.

I noticed that discrepancy the day after they submitted the order and sent me confirmation and asked if they could update the order to include the 33 gallon tank.

The response I got was that they'd sent the request to Stellantis and followed up, but wouldn't know if it had been accepted until production started and the invoice was sent.

Does that sound right?

I didn't have to make any changes to my order when I ordered in 2018, but it seems ridiculous that Ram can't confirm an update requested the day after an order was submitted, especially when it takes months to enter production.
They should be able to update the order.

Or you can cancel it and order through a dealer that will work for you to get things done.

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
They should be able to update the order.

Or you can cancel it and order through a dealer that will work for you to get things done.
Yeah, this is through Mark Dodge, which I thought was surprising.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did they drop the tank or did Stellantis modify the order to accept it (like if there was an ordering restriction on 33 gallon tanks)?

I would order what you want. That's the point of it all in my opinion.

squid013

Reaction score
Did they drop the tank or did Stellantis modify the order to accept it (like if there was an ordering restriction on 33 gallon tanks)?

I would order what you want. That's the point of it all in my opinion.
That is my question. My thoughts are to to the titan tank and be happy later

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hmm. My thinking is that the larger tank is one of those things that will nag you forever (if omitted). Worth chasing them a bit to ensure the order is right.
I can speak from experience that this is true. Only having a 23 gallon tank is a big part of why I upgraded from the 2020 Laramie I used to own after only 18 months of ownership.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, that gas tank is hard to pass up. It's not like ya gotta fill it up every time either.

Johnny_H

Reaction score
I couldn’t imagine life without the big tank. Especially if you do any towing!

If they won’t change it walk away. Reorder or look for something on the ground - it’s not like you just figured this out after your truck was built or waited 3 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mathis35

Reaction score
I was able to have my dealer add trailer brake controller to my order a couple weeks after ordering. He said the same thing about submitting and seeing if they approved it, but messaged me the next day saying they'd accepted it. They should know if it's accepted long before production.

Users who are viewing this thread