5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I got the word from my dealers Factory Rep that my heavily optioned Rebel is scheduled the week of 6 DEC, I hope all of these clues line up and come to be
Man, the flood gates have opened on information. On both forums, I’m seeing a lot of this. Suddenly the reps are being forthcoming with dates. This is a good thing! Even if the dates move, at least they’re letting people know something.

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
Man, the flood gates have opened on information. On both forums, I’m seeing a lot of this. Suddenly the reps are being forthcoming with dates. This is a good thing! Even if the dates move, at least they’re letting people know something.
which other forums are you talking about actually, cause this 5thgenrams seems the biggest

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
which other forums are you talking about actually, cause this 5thgenrams seems the biggest
The Ram-TRX forum has close to 3 times the number of 2022 orders registered.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, this makes sense. I mean, before I started this ordeal I did a ton of reading and research and it seems like people have been pretty pleased with the level of communication from these people in the past. It's possible that these reps simply have not had information to share with us until now as opposed to purposefully withholding it. Better to withhold information from your people than to ask them to be liars (in my opinion).

RDSnj2021

Reaction score
22RAM RECALL (limited #)
see Stellpower.com david zatz art. Early oct. production.

mamasprig

Reaction score
Well, here’s more proof that the build order makes absolutely ZERO sense!

I ordered a Laramie GT back on September 3rd and it’s still in D status.

I then decided to switch my order and get a Limited so we submitted a new order on October 25. I was just informed by the dealer that the Limited is already in E status with an expected ship date of 11/20….

I don’t get it…but it’s obviously completely random.

When I ordered my limited in July and am still in D status...

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
to save everyone a click, its only for 22 MY22s who were built with the wrong defrost system. so if you can turn your defrost on you are fine.

but this "solution" is not really what you would expect on such an expensive car

quote: who may have the same issue, possibly adding at least a handful of others) may want to figure out some alternative way to defog or defrost their windshields.

Scott_R

Reaction score
but this "solution" is not really what you would expect on such an expensive car

quote: who may have the same issue, possibly adding at least a handful of others) may want to figure out some alternative way to defog or defrost their windshields.
I think the point is that out of > 65K Trucks built approximately 22 have this issue. (00.03 %) And, if you want to make sure that your truck is not one of the 22 without waiting for the recall notice, try your defrost. If it works, you are not one of the 22.

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
I think the point is that out of > 65K Trucks built approximately 22 have this issue. (00.03 %) And, if you want to make sure that your truck is not one of the 22 without waiting for the recall notice, try your defrost. If it works, you are not one of the 22.
Well, that's only a correct percentage if all the trucks were built with defrost capabilities. I heard that, in an effort to streamline builds, Ram has started removing capabilties like defrost, wiper blades, transmissions, and engines. So, maybe only 1,000 trucks were built with defrost.

Also, for those that have no sense of humor, the above is pure satire. I think.

Scott_R

Reaction score
Well, that's only a correct percentage if all the trucks were built with defrost capabilities. I heard that, in an effort to streamline builds, Ram has started removing capabilties like defrost, wiper blades, transmissions, and engines. So, maybe only 1,000 trucks were built with defrost.

Also, for those that have no sense of humor, the above is pure satire. I think.
Now I have to go out to the garage to see if they remembered my transmission...

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
they will buy back all the trucks

As a lawyer, I see major lawsuits coming from this. Evidently, Stellantis has found a flaw in at least 22 trucks, which flaw makes them unsafe to drive. Yet, they will not begin buying them back until early next year? And of course, the owners of these trucks can't legally sell these vehicles, so they have to sit on them for several months, during winter, without being able to drive them during conditions which cause windows to fog up (like cold, winter weather).

Moreover, the official Safety Recall (Stellantis Y88, NHTSA 21-V-871) states that "FCA US will repurchase the affected vehicles based on the fair market value of the vehicle based on its mileage and condition . . . ." (Emphasis added). This is total BS. Stellantis built a faulty vehicle from the start, it is a complete safety problem (and the truck does not meet safety standards to be driven), and Stellantis is purposely waiting to buy these vehicles back. Also, I can all but guarantee the "fair market value" Stellantis determines will not be close to what was paid, meaning the poor people that purchased these vehicles will not only be without a truck, but also out of pocket money.

1637621264096.png

Derek916

Reaction score
As a lawyer, I see major lawsuits coming from this. Evidently, Stellantis has found a flaw in at least 22 trucks, which flaw makes them unsafe to drive. Yet, they will not begin buying them back until early next year? And of course, the owners of these trucks can't legally sell these vehicles, so they have to sit on them for several months, during winter, without being able to drive them during conditions which cause windows to fog up (like cold, winter weather).

Moreover, the official Safety Recall (Stellantis Y88, NHTSA 21-V-871) states that "FCA US will repurchase the affected vehicles based on the fair market value of the vehicle based on its mileage and condition . . . ." (Emphasis added). This is total BS. Stellantis built a faulty vehicle from the start, it is a complete safety problem (and the truck does not meet safety standards to be driven), and Stellantis is purposely waiting to buy these vehicles back. Also, I can all but guarantee the "fair market value" Stellantis determines will not be close to what was paid, meaning the poor people that purchased these vehicles will not only be without a truck, but also out of pocket money.

View attachment 111863
I wonder if they do not like the FMV if they could exercise lemon law and get a replacement vehicle. The thought of being given fmv plus out of the money paid for sales taxes wouldn’t sit right with me.

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
I wonder if they do not like the FMV if they could exercise lemon law and get a replacement vehicle. The thought of being given fmv plus out of the money paid for sales taxes wouldn’t sit right with me.
I can't speak to other states, and I'm not a Lemon Law lawyer (nor am I the lawyer for anyone on this forum), but Texas' Lemon Law wouldn't apply because a pre-condition for application of the law is the manufacturer refusing to address the issue. Here, Stellantis has proposed a solution, which is enough to avoid application of the Texas Lemon Law. I assume that most, if not all, other states have a similar provision that requires a manufacturer to refuse, or be unable, to address the issue.

However, even under Texas' Lemon Law, one would still not be entitled to a full refund, as the formula used by Texas takes into account how many miles have been driven since purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread